• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Pokémon ideas would you still like to see in Alola?

Reaction score
With so many Pokémon revealed already, it's starting to become a bit impractical to both discuss revealed Pokémon and speculate about Pokémon yet to come in one thread. So we've decided to give speculation about new Pokémon a seperate thread, namely this one!

So: What kind of Pokémon would you still like to see in Alola? And/or what are you still expecting to see?

Personally, I still want a Toucan and as they mostly live in tropical forests it would definitely fit in Alola. Unsure about its typing though, I don't want it to be Flying/Normal but Rowlet already has the Grass/Flying combination...

I want a goofy or cute (or both) sea urchin. It can be Water/Steel!

An Ice/Fighting frost giant with an ability that boosts its Atk and Sp.Atk in hail.

A flamingo. Not sure on the typing, but something unexpected like Fire would be neat. People like to say that Spritzee and Aromatisse are flamingos but they aren't. No long neck, no long legs... Their scent is supposed to change based on diet like flamingos turn pink due to their diet, but visually they are nowhere close to one (and the line is an assortment of ideas rolled into one anyway). Spritzee is more like a hummingbird! And Aromatisse is a goblin

Also a Normal/Ghost origami crane, Rock/Poison gorgon, Rock/Fighting minotaur and a Bug/Dark bobbit worm.

Personally, I want to see a velociraptor fossil Pokemon. It took us six gens to get a T-rex, which is probably the most recognizable dino out there, so I want to see a raptor, which is another very well known dino. Maybe make it a Rock/Dragon type like Tyrunt that's heavy on Speed and Attack but low in defense.

I also want to see more Ice-types this time around. Maybe a white tiger Ice-type, or maybe an Ice/Dragon wyvern, or my personal favorite from the old Gen VI rumors, an Ice-type wolf. Yeah, I know that last one most likely won't happen, but a guy can dream. But in any case, I want more Ice-types, as it's my favorite type.

Moving on, maybe a new Ground or Electric-type in the form of a cheetah. We haven't had a cheetah yet, so I think it's time we got one. It could be wicked fast with a lot of priority attacks like Extreme Speed and Fake Out. If it was an Electric-type, it could have a signature move called Voltage Rush or something like that. I would find that pretty cool.

In terms of Fighting-types, how about a boxing rabbit or kangaroo (one that actually LOOKS like a kangaroo and not some sort of dino hybrid). It can learn moves like Jump Kick, Mach Punch, and Sky Uppercut. Maybe give it boxing glove-like hands (like Knuckles from Sonic) to further accent the boxing motif.

A shocking pink dragon millipede for a Bug/Dragon.

I feel like they could do something neat with a daddy longlegs, too, but I am not sure as to what type I would give it. They are very common around where I live, so I personally would be inclined to say Bug/Normal. But there may be a more relevant choice that I could be overlooking.

I was about to say, I STILL want my dolphin! Though I'd be okay with it being water/psychic, even though Bruxish kinda stole that.
I'd rather want pure Water-type. We have so many dual Water-types. Pure Water-types are usually only starters, first-stage Pokemon or non-evolution Pokemon.

How about a pineapple Pokemon with the typing Grass and very bulky? I wanted to say Grass/Steel, but that reminds me too much of Ferrothorn.

How about a pineapple Pokemon with the typing Grass and very bulky? I wanted to say Grass/Steel, but that reminds me too much of Ferrothorn.

Unless they welded another concept onto it (like, I don't know, making it some kind of Grass/Fighting pineapple boxer with spiky gloves), I think pure Grass-type with Iron Barbs/Rough Skin would work just fine. I know we just got Bounsweet as a pure Grass-type fruit-themed Pokémon, but as long as they function differently enough, I think they could coexist (like Lilligant and pre-Fairy Whimsicott).

Actually now that Esserise reminded me Bug/Dragon is really a typing I think we should get this generation. I know we have a fair few Bugs so far, but Bug/Dragon and Grass/Fire are two that I feel should happen in Alola. They just have that big tropical feel that would be right at home in the region.

Actually now that Esserise reminded me Bug/Dragon is really a typing I think we should get this generation. I know we have a fair few Bugs so far, but Bug/Dragon and Grass/Fire are two that I feel should happen in Alola. They just have that big tropical feel that would be right at home in the region.
It's such a shame that there hasn't been a Bug/Dragon dragonfly Pokemon yet. :(

I would love both a Bug/Dragon and Dragon/Fighting. They are the only two left and I think they should appear in Alola.

How about an anchor and chain Pokemon that's a Water/Steel type? Sure, I know most people don't like inanimate objects for Pokemon, but seeing how popular Aegislash ended up, it might be useful. Maybe it can have high HP, Defense, and Special Defense, average Attack, but low Sp Attack and Speed. The chain will have a spade at the end and will act like its arm and hand, with its eyes are near the "top" of the anchor while its mouth is hidden at the bottom. It will be able to float in the air, although not very high due to its weight, but can move faster in the water. It could have a signature move called Undertow, a Water-type move that acts like a more accurate Whirlpool with the added bonus of having a 15% chance of lowering the opponent's Speed with each turn it's in effect. What do you think?

• I'd like Pokemon that are based off of musical instruments and animals. Maybe a cymbal-banging monkey, an animal that has a drum for a stomach, a buffaloboe(?), a snake flute (snoot?), or a tiger cub that can strum its whiskers. (Guitiger?)
  • Donkey mon, please.
  • A Tiger/dragon (Toragon?) that starts off as an unruly tiger with scales, and slowly becomes more calm and dragon-like as it evolved.
  • Darmanitan evolution that combines elements from its regular and Zen forms. Fire/Psychic.
  • Cofagrigus evolution (or Mega) that either makes it a mummy, or gives it more of a humanoid/Tut's death mask theme. You know, have it regain more of its humanity in terms of appearance.
  • A Klang branch evolution that has it look more like a robot.
  • A male evolution for Combee.
  • An evil Luvdisc foil called Hatedisc (jk), or branch evolutions for Luvdisc: one based on heartbreak that focuses on hitting others hard, and one based on a happy relationship that acts as support.
  • love Beartic, and while I feel they'd likely fuck up on the design, it'd be cool to see it evolve. Maybe into a viking/armored bear? Extra points if it's Ice/Steel.
  • Pure Flying cloud Pokemon. Maybe a sheep-cloud based off a sheep cloud.
  • Delibird evolution that makes it look more like Santa, or helps with the present theme. or maybe it becomes one of those tropical penguins and drops the Ice type for something else. I like the idea of people importing in Delibird to make a tropical region feel more festive, and then Delibird reacts to something in the environment.
  • Druddigon prevo.

Expectations: None of these, except maaaaybe the donkey. And idk, scissors with legs.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a few grass types based on some tropical plants and flowers.

I would love an Ice/Fire Japanese Snow Monkey.

There are hot springs in Hawaii so it could be a great fit.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom