• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Pokémon ideas would you still like to see in Alola?

I don't know if it's likely since we have three new bug families now, but I'd like to see a Stick Insect Pokemon introduced. Maybe Bug/Fighting type. It could be a standalone I guess...although that would be a bit too much like Heracross then.

I'd also like a Pokemon based off the Kagu. It's known as the "Ghost of the Forest" (so it could e a Ghost/Flying and be our first ghost bird) and I believe it's an endangered species.

Some pictures:

38f74b7f3b400128f1cb87ee56fc184d.jpg

781b6d938146084055a04d6bb714a4d0.jpg

Kagu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's a really interesting bird. I discovered it a few months ago and instantly knew I'd love to see it as a Pokemon.

That bird's hair looks like mine when I get out of bed in a morning xD

I liked the earlier idea of a cloud sheep too. Seems a pretty simple but obvious thing.

I'd also like a tumbleweed Pokemon. Maybe Grass/Ground? It could have a Motor Drive-esque ability except when hit by Flying moves instead of Electric.

Two pseudo-legendary pokemon. One being Dragon/Steel line with Filter and the other would be Ground/Fairy with Levitate.

I'd also like a Pokemon based off the Kagu. It's known as the "Ghost of the Forest" (so it could e a Ghost/Flying and be our first ghost bird) and I believe it's an endangered species.

Some pictures:

38f74b7f3b400128f1cb87ee56fc184d.jpg

781b6d938146084055a04d6bb714a4d0.jpg

Kagu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's a really interesting bird. I discovered it a few months ago and instantly knew I'd love to see it as a Pokemon.
These birds look goofy as heck. I NEED THEM AS POKEMON.

I really desperately want an opossum; that's pretty much my only huge wish. It doesnt really make sense for hawaii though... :/

A pink fairy armadillo could be cool too, that would make for a really cute fairy/ground type.

a ghost/dragon, winged skeleton in standing position, maybe glowing with purple aura and red eyes, pseudolegendary or regular pokemon, thats ability granst that it's immune to special attacks, something like Shedinja but not depending on type but on the special damage dealing attacks of all of the types.
Imagine it would be immune to special fairy type attacks but would take damage from physical fairy type attacks. That would call for more strategies. It would not be immune to weather damage.

Maybe a dark type immune to physical attacks?

Also a sandmonster-sandman pokemon, ground/flying. This one could be immune to physical attacks, or not?
a Electric/poison pokemon would be neat.
a Sand Worm, bug/ground, that that could hide(be underground, not hit by regular moves, and could use only some moves from underground) in a sand based terrain(if they create a terrain for ground types, rock types have sandstorm)

more Ice types: ice/ghost, ice/bug, ice/fighting, ice/electric with uniq and strong abilities , its time that this type would get it's own ability that causes freezeing by physical contact(like Flame Body causes a burn).

-a fast bug/fighting

-a bug/ghost pokemon based on a black widow spider, special oriented with a lot of hp and maybe that new ability of the fish that blocks increased priority moves?

- a fire/grass orangutan.

-a red colored fire/dragon with Levitate.

Hope this really happens someday.

Last edited:
  • I'd like Pokemon that are based off of musical instruments and animals. Maybe a cymbal-banging monkey, an animal that has a drum for a stomach, a buffaloboe(?), a snake flute (snoot?), or a tiger cub that can strum its whiskers. (Guitiger?)
  • Donkey mon, please.
  • A Tiger/dragon (Toragon?) that starts off as an unruly tiger with scales, and slowly becomes more calm and dragon-like as it evolved.
  • Darmanitan evolution that combines elements from its regular and Zen forms. Fire/Psychic.
  • Cofagrigus evolution (or Mega) that either makes it a mummy, or gives it more of a humanoid/Tut's death mask theme. You know, have it regain more of its humanity in terms of appearance.
  • A Klang branch evolution that has it look more like a robot.
  • A male evolution for Combee.
  • An evil Luvdisc foil called Hatedisc (jk), or branch evolutions for Luvdisc: one based on heartbreak that focuses on hitting others hard, and one based on a happy relationship that acts as support.
  • love Beartic, and while I feel they'd likely fuck up on the design, it'd be cool to see it evolve. Maybe into a viking/armored bear? Extra points if it's Ice/Steel.
  • Pure Flying cloud Pokemon. Maybe a sheep-cloud based off a sheep cloud.
  • Delibird evolution that makes it look more like Santa, or helps with the present theme. or maybe it becomes one of those tropical penguins and drops the Ice type for something else. I like the idea of people importing in Delibird to make a tropical region feel more festive, and then Delibird reacts to something in the environment.
  • Druddigon prevo.
Expectations: None of these, except maaaaybe the donkey. And idk, scissors with legs.

I like the idea of a male combee evo, based on drones and make it bug/psychic to take orders from Vespiquen remotely using telepathy.

I'm still holding out for a Ghost/Rock or Ghost/Fire lava rock with Cursed Body. Also, that Ghost/Flying kagu needs to happen.

@Vinx mentioned in another thread that they could see Cutiefly evolving into a silk moth.

I think that could work well, but here are two alternative moths which are begging to be made into Fairy types just as much:

Luna moth

Rosy maple moth

A dragon/fairy type with awesome stats for me to use in my competetive battles. This could even be a Pseudo-legendary. Also, a Pokemon based on a dolphin, coz as far as my memory stretches, I can't see one like that.

Despite being Hawaii it feels like they're going for other creatures not from Hawaii, but recognizable as being from other islands---Komala from Australia, Togedemaru is apparently based on the Ryukyu spiny rat from the Ryukyu Islands, Mudsdale is based on a species that hails from Scotland, and I could see Rockruff evolving into a shisa which are primarily associated with the Ryukyu Islands as well.

That being said I imagine a lot of the other Pokemon may be creatures that hail or are associated with islands as well---thought this was an interesting point to share that may help us speculate some possible candidates we might see in the future.

An idea:
What if there was a pure Dragon that evolves into the different evolutions depending on the weather and terrain?
Rain = Dragon/Water
Hail = Dragon/Ice
Sandstorm = Dragon/Ground
Sunny = Dragon/Fire
Delta Stream = Dragon/Flying
Fog = Dragon/Ghost
Electric Terrain = Dragon/Electric
Misty Terrain = Dragon/Fairy
Grassy Terrain = Dragon/ Grass

Last edited:
An idea:
What if there was a pure Dragon that evolves into the different evolutions depending on the weather?
Rain = Dragon/Water
Hail = Dragon/Ice
Sunny = Dragon/Fire
Fog = Dragon/Ghost

Also how about a Dragon that has a branch evolution and evolves after leveling up in a terrain?

I kinda like that idea, but I think it would be easier to just combine these concepts into one pokemon.

It doesnt really make sense for hawaii though... :/
It doesn't make sense to have a lion(the litleo line) in France(France), and yet that didn't stop game freak from making one.

It doesn't matter where the regions are based folks to determine pokemon designs. Game freak can freely do what they want in these games.

Last edited:
its not only Hawaii , it more islands and regions like generation one where we did had a Kangaroo...

An idea:
What if there was a pure Dragon that evolves into the different evolutions depending on the weather and terrain?
Rain = Dragon/Water
Hail = Dragon/Ice
Sunny = Dragon/Fire
Fog = Dragon/Ghost

That sounds pretty cool, but it would make Eevee less special, and I don't think GF wants that.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom