• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Pokemon in your opinion is the most underrated?

Koffing and Weezing.

I once used one for a poison mono-type run I did in Gen 2 (which I'm thinking of doing again since I never finished it) and I grew to like it a lot. It's by no means a great Pokemon (basically back during the early Gens) but I gained an appreciation for it.

Glameow and Purugly. Probably more so Purugly, since I haven't really seen anything positive said about it in terms of design. They are my favorite Pokémon from gen IV, and usually I see people snub them or don't even remember they exist sometimes.

Pikachu clones.

They're not seen as their own design and/or creative, because it's always just a rodent with electric cheeks.

However, I have a Plusle that I need and raised perfectly that I adore using because nobody suspects it's a secret killing machine. Like, I think my longest streak in the battle tree was due to this Plusle.

Weird, right?

Pikachu clones.

They're not seen as their own design and/or creative, because it's always just a rodent with electric cheeks.

However, I have a Plusle that I need and raised perfectly that I adore using because nobody suspects it's a secret killing machine. Like, I think my longest streak in the battle tree was due to this Plusle.

Weird, right?
Cute,not weird

Shedinja

The 1 HP turns people away from ever using it, but if used correctly it is an extremely useful Pokemon.
I made the mistake of not considering Shedinja once.

In SoulSilver I had a Quagsire going through the Battle Hall, and he was doing EXCESSIVELY well. Like, I think I only had 10 or so more battles to get the gold stamp.

Up comes Shedinja and ruins everything because poor Quigley didn't know a super-effective move against Shedinja.

Yeah, I was salty. I know how devastating Shedinja can be first-hand.

Pikachu clones.

Weird, right?

Especially Pachirisu and Emolga

Glameow and Purugly. Probably more so Purugly, since I haven't really seen anything positive said about it in terms of design. They are my favorite Pokémon from gen IV, and usually I see people snub them or don't even remember they exist sometimes.

They are so underrated that I legitimately had to look these two up because I forgot about them. Wowww and I call myself a Pokemon Fan

Koffing and Weezing.

I once used one for a poison mono-type run I did in Gen 2 (which I'm thinking of doing again since I never finished it) and I grew to like it a lot. It's by no means a great Pokemon (basically back during the early Gens) but I gained an appreciation for it.

Yeah but I think those two are mostly memorable due to the anime (same with Meowth)

I'd say Qwilfish too. Nobody else seems to care about it and it's sad cuz it's one of my favorite Johto Pokemon even though I know it's not very powerful.

Not only that, but the poor thing doesn't even evolve!

Even though it’s a gen 1 Pokémon, I would be remiss not to mention Jynx in a “most underrated Pokémon” thread.

Controversy aside, Jynx has never really gotten a fair shake...either she’s forgotten because the fanbase consists primary of boys or she’s regarded as creepy which is not entirely unjustified but whatever.

As for me, when Pokémon first came out I was a boy who was drawn to feminine things...a “tomgirl” I called myself. I always played as Peach or Chun-Li depending on the game and I’m still not entirely sure why but they just appealed to me more. So seeing Jynx in the Player’s Guide for the first time I was immediately hooked. It helped that the only one available in the American Gen 1 games was a trade nicknamed “Lola”, which immediately appealed to my previous obsession with Space Jam.

It wasn’t until much later when I considered strategy that I realized how useful she was in a play through of Gen 1. She of course has the broken at the time Psychic type and paired with Ice possesses a combo that’s still unique to her evolution line to this day. She’s definitely been overshadowed by newer Pokémon who pull the vibe off better - look at the popularity of Gardevoir and even Gothitelle is more well regarded. But I refuse to pretend the original “giant woman” doesn’t exist, even if she’s the most likely Kanto Pokémon to not make the Galar dex.

Druddigon. Poor thing gets overshadowed by pretty much all the other dragons. Tbh I think it would look much more unique without its bland wings (which I don't think he can even use for flying?). But I find it pretty cool nonetheless :giggle:

Qwilfish doesn't get enough love either. Shame, it's one of my favorite Pokémon. Small, bloated and angry, just like me :LOL:

Unown. I only see people complain about how weak they are, forgetting entirely about the neat aspects of the Ruins of Alph, Movie 3, Address Unown and Sinjoh Ruins. Sure, it would be great if their in-battle performance reflected their lore, but it isn't necessary for them to get some love. Get over yourselves, Pokemon fans.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom