• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

What Pokémon Type Are You? (Based on Music Tastes!)

Aulos

Sappho's Friend
Reaction score
Pronouns
She / Her
Then again, why is classical lumped together with rock in the first place, anyway?

One of the Rock genres paired with Classical in this case is Progressive Rock, and that kinda makes sense, because Progressive Rock artists/bands (especially Symphonic Prog) were influenced by classical music directly and tried to bring that complexity to rock music.

Still, whoever made this didn't really understand Classical. There are many different types of Classical - Medieval, Renaissance, Baroque, Classic, Romanticism, Impressionism, Contemporary, etc. Those are just the most basic outline of eras, there are plenty of others, especially later in time.

The individual who made this, listed like a billion different pop genres, but only two classical (assuming chamber music is a classical genre to them... a strange choice, but you know). It is very strange, to list all of these obscure pop genres but lump classical altogether like that. I suppose they just assumed not enough people like classical music. =/

Last edited:

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Also I listen to J-Pop...a lot, but I feel those are way too broad as umbrella. (No, Spotify, I won't listen to cutesy pop idols just because I listen to Yuki Kajiura and Sound Horizon.)
Exactly. Spotify classifies a lot of my favorite pop punk bands from Japan as J-Pop because they're popular T_T.

Aozora

The flavor of coffee~
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her
Psychic for trance music, probably my favorite type of music. I guess also fairy for liking some J- and K-pop. Maybe a little bit of bug too

prog rocker

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him
Dragon and... well... anything but Fairy and Poison I guess. My tastes are all over the place.

Lylian

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
Rock/ Steel. (My favourite types are Water and Fire though.)

Dorothy

My love is stronger than my fear of death
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
I'm a folkie, so Grass makes sense,
I certainly like to have a little grass before I practice banjo if you know what I mean

Frozen Fennec

Beta Content Nerd
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
Hard to narrow it down to two:
Bug, Fighting, Ghost, Ice.

Bug-Ice or Bug-Fighting would be my primary type probably.

CuboneKing

Your Favorite Burnout
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Rock/Fire/Electric. Did you hear Pokémon is doing triple types now?

MissDelibirda

Somewhat prudish. Avatar by Ken Sugimori.
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her
Bug, as in game music, is the closest, because it can get really varied, and I listen to a lotta different music. Too much to list. I also may have periods, where I listen to a genre and/or artist over a timespan.

By the way, why doesn't it just say soundtrack music?

Last edited:

Tood

blue spirit
Reaction score
Bug/Rock for me, I guess?

Although to be honest, I have absolutely no clue what most of these genres even are, so I could like them amd not even know it :lapras:

fullmoonisle

Reaction score
Pronouns
any
Ghost/Grass or Ice/Dark, probably! My music taste is way too varied for this kind of thing.

henrymidfields

Prime Minister of Shoyo 昇陽国内閣総理大臣
Reaction score
Wind ensemble originals and New Sounds in Brass/Concert Band arrangements of jazz standards performed by Tokyo Kosei Wind Orchestra. So that makes me Dragon and Flying? Wish there were more genres for classical, gotta say.

Aulos

Sappho's Friend
Reaction score
Pronouns
She / Her
Wind ensemble originals and New Sounds in Brass/Concert Band arrangements of jazz standards performed by Tokyo Kosei Wind Orchestra. So that makes me Dragon and Flying? Wish there were more genres for classical, gotta say.

Unfortunately the creator of this clearly doesn't understand classical music. I guess in the same way I don't understand a lot of pop music because there are countless genres in the image that I've never heard of. Lol.

Dreary_Rowlet

Trust me, I am just a rowlet
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her
I saw this in another community, and thought I might share. (it includes some fictional Pokemon types, don't know what to think of that, but oh well)

I0BV7pWg.png

I haven't even heard of most of these genres! :lapras:

As for me, Dragon is definitely my primary type, as I regularly listen to and love pretty much every genre of it. The secondary type is where it gets iffy for me. It's either Grass, Normal or Flying.
I guess normal and fairy?

prog rocker

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him
Unfortunately the creator of this clearly doesn't understand classical music. I guess in the same way I don't understand a lot of pop music because there are countless genres in the image that I've never heard of. Lol.
I thought that maybe they mixed "classical" with "classic rock"... but then I saw classic rock on Normal's list.

Also, since when is "YouTube covers" a genre?