• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Pokémon Type Are You? (Based on Music Tastes!)

Psychic for trance music, probably my favorite type of music. I guess also fairy for liking some J- and K-pop. Maybe a little bit of bug too

Rock/ Steel. (My favourite types are Water and Fire though.)

I'm a folkie, so Grass makes sense,
I certainly like to have a little grass before I practice banjo if you know what I mean

Bug, as in game music, is the closest, because it can get really varied, and I listen to a lotta different music. Too much to list. I also may have periods, where I listen to a genre and/or artist over a timespan.

By the way, why doesn't it just say soundtrack music?

Last edited:
Bug/Rock for me, I guess?

Although to be honest, I have absolutely no clue what most of these genres even are, so I could like them and not even know it :lapras:

Ghost/Grass or Ice/Dark, probably! My music taste is way too varied for this kind of thing.

Wind ensemble originals and New Sounds in Brass/Concert Band arrangements of jazz standards performed by Tokyo Kosei Wind Orchestra. So that makes me Dragon and Flying? Wish there were more genres for classical, gotta say.

Wind ensemble originals and New Sounds in Brass/Concert Band arrangements of jazz standards performed by Tokyo Kosei Wind Orchestra. So that makes me Dragon and Flying? Wish there were more genres for classical, gotta say.

Unfortunately the creator of this clearly doesn't understand classical music. I guess in the same way I don't understand a lot of pop music because there are countless genres in the image that I've never heard of. Lol.

I saw this in another community, and thought I might share. (it includes some fictional Pokemon types, don't know what to think of that, but oh well)

I0BV7pWg.png

I haven't even heard of most of these genres! :lapras:

As for me, Dragon is definitely my primary type, as I regularly listen to and love pretty much every genre of it. The secondary type is where it gets iffy for me. It's either Grass, Normal or Flying.
I guess normal and fairy?

Unfortunately the creator of this clearly doesn't understand classical music. I guess in the same way I don't understand a lot of pop music because there are countless genres in the image that I've never heard of. Lol.
I thought that maybe they mixed "classical" with "classic rock"... but then I saw classic rock on Normal's list.

Also, since when is "YouTube covers" a genre?

Fairy is certainly a main type (Q-pop has heavy K-pop influences, so should be there). Secondary would be Bug (Dark or Dragon would be likely since I listen to Kino sometimes but that is debatable.)

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom