• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP What Pokemon will you be using in Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl?

The victorious six.
84A974FB-1F49-4395-AD23-096E05472A46.jpeg

Grats!
What were your mons' names?
Torterra best Grass mon (Garchomp is best Ground mon)
Floatzel = Azumarril but faster and not relying on ability luck to get high attack
Luxray is just a physical Raichu that is slower and Intimidate is a good ability
Houndoom is a good fire mon that is a better alternative to Infernape and gets STAB Dark attacks (unlike Infernape who can only learn Fling as a damaging Dark move), which is why I named mine Ghostbuster
Mismagius is good for leading battles to get hits in quickly and a surprisingly good SpD tank (105 base SpA, SpD, and Spe; in Gen 1 would've been 105 base Spc*) and has lots of good coverage
Medicham is a balanced attacker with decent defences

*Special

Right now I'm using the three starters, Shinx and Starly, although there's a chance Starly won't last much.

The sixth slot is just to evolve Pokémon to complete the dex.

Wish Munchlax would evolve.jpg
My only complaint is that I have no STAB coverage against Dragon, and Cynthia's Garchomp beats my one mon who resists Dragon Claw
Against the E4, I have 2 STAB coverage mons for Arron (correct me on the name if I'm wrong with the spelling), 1 for Bertha (3 weak, wtf), 2 for Flint, but Torterra is one of them and he's weak to Fire, and 2 for Will.
I do have coverage for most of Cynthia's team though, but Garchomp destroys my team

My team so far:
  1. Twigster the Turtwig (male, Hasty Nature)
  2. Clarice the Staravia (female, Impish Nature)
  3. Sarabi the Shinx (female, Hardy Nature)
  4. Korra the Buizel (female, Careful Nature)
I also obtained the gift Mew and Jirachi, but I don't wanna use something so cheap, so they went in the box. As you can see, I've only started playing very recently :p

My team so far:
I also obtained the gift Mew and Jirachi, but I don't wanna use something so cheap, so they went in the box. As you can see, I've only started playing very recently :p
I've barely played the game at all, because I wasn't quite done with a playthrough of Y when BDSP released, and I can only devote attention to one game at a time (just the way my ADD brain works.) I think I might have been just about to reach Jubilife City, but I haven't played the game in a while so I don't really remember. Definitely got past Sandgem Town already, though. Also, at the time of this writing, my team consists of:

1. Turtwig (male, Brave nature, specifically SRed for that one)
2. Starly (male, Relaxed nature)
3. Bidoof (not sure of gender, Calm nature maybe?)
4. Shinx (male, pretty sure it had a Lonely nature)

And there you have it. Not very impressive, I know, but I gotta get through what I'm doing on Y first before I tackle Brilliant Diamond. (Sorry if I forgot to mention, but it's a Brilliant Diamond playthrough first, with Turtwig as my starter. When I get to Shining Pearl, it'll be Chimchar.)

My team so far:
Ah, the usual trio of Sinnoh playthrough teams. Starly/Staravia/Staraptor, Shinx/Luxio/Luxray, and (insert Sinnoh starter)

Ah, the usual trio of Sinnoh playthrough teams. Starly/Staravia/Staraptor, Shinx/Luxio/Luxray, and (insert Sinnoh starter)
Well, yeah XD I wanted to replicate the very first team I used when I played Platinum, and Staraptor and Luxray were part of it. Besides, I haven't used either of those Pokemon in years. The only member from my original team I can't replicate is Glaceon, since sadly Eevee is postgame, and I'm not yet sure what to use in its place.

Well, yeah XD I wanted to replicate the very first team I used when I played Platinum, and Staraptor and Luxray were part of it. Besides, I haven't used either of those Pokemon in years. The only member from my original team I can't replicate is Glaceon, since sadly Eevee is postgame, and I'm not yet sure what to use in its place.
How about Froslass/Glalie?

You can get the Dawn Stone at Mt Coronet and Snorunt in the underground (they're rare though)
Dawn Stone is also available in the Underground's snowy section and through pure luck with mining spots.
Snorunt is very rare (most of the Ice-type Pokemon I see in the Icy Caves are Sneasel and Snover), I got lucky with the Ice Cave I found the Dawn Stone in because there was a Snorunt and I was like, "Oh look a Snorunt! That evolves into Froslass with a Dawn Stone! How fitting I picked one up in this exact cave!"

Diamond

Torterra, Honchkrow, Electivire, Froslass, Lucario, Drapion

Pearl

Empoleon, Magmortar, Mismagius, Mamoswine, Vespiquen, Gallade

Pearl replay

Infernape, Roserade, Gastrodon, Rampardos, Kricketune, Togekiss

I'm using this fantastic pokés
Spr_4d_203_m.png
Girafarig (Double, girl, early bird)

Spr_4h_151.png
Mew (Bingus, non-binary, synchronize)

Spr_5b_389.png
Torterra (Mandy, boy, overgrow)

Spr_5b_468.png
Togekiss (Toge, boy, hustle)

Spr_5b_478.png
Froslass (Bluberry, girl, snow cloak)

Spr_5b_417_m.png
Pachirisu (Filbert, boy, pick-up)

Reserb:

Spr_5b_036.png
Clefable (Smol, girl, magic guard)
Spr_5b_242.png
Blissey (Pinky, girl, serene grace)
Spr_5b_385.png
Jirachi (Juanín, non-binary, serene grace)
Spr_5b_429.png
Mismagius (Mago, boy, levitate)

Last edited:
Im currently doing my playthrough now, and struggling to pick my last two team mates. But here they are:

Empoleon
Honchkrow ( I was very pleased I could use one of my favorite Pokemon early on!)
Mamoswine
Toxicroak
Buneary ( I caught her later on in the game. Idk if she's ever going to evolve. I would've caught a buneary in eterna forest along w murkrow but I wanted to use a purugly instead. Later on I figured out glamemeow is a shining pearl exclusive lol)

I dunno who to put in my last slot, might even replace buneary I just really wanted to avoid using a generic team + I also like avoiding using Pokemon of the same type, and also since I'm playing through a sinnoh game I wanted to exclusively use sinnoh pokemon. Which in retrospect isn't working out for me lol, the sinnoh Pokedex just feels so small to me sadly

Hey guys
Balance of Tank and Attack.jpg
Because it isn't
Names, Moves, Abilities, Held Items, and Natures

You know Groudtree (Torterra) and Chupi (Raichu) already, so here are the New Recruits

Regiron (Registeel), Lv 72, Hardy, Lagging Tail, Light Metal
  • Heavy Slam (Light mons get OHKOed)
  • Bulldoze (For slowing down fast opponents)
  • Metal Claw (For the buffs)
  • Hammer Arm (Just... there. The Speed drop is just not there because it (almost) always moves last)

Draco (Dragonite), Lv 75, Jolly, Sky Plate, Inner Focus (EAT IT INTIMIDATE)
  • Outrage (usually shy away from these sorts of moves, but now I'm more competitive)
  • Wing Attack (It was my only option for a physical flying move, I most likely forgot about Fly though)
  • E-Speed (Just in case something lives on 1 HP (Focus Sash sets get recked) but is normally faster; short for Extreme Speed)
  • Aqua Tail (For coverage)

Omnom (Snorlax, but do you remember when he was just a Munchlax?), Lv 68, Lax, Iron Ball (Fling strats), Thick Fat
  • Fling (Iron Ball)
  • Recycle (Supplements Fling with infinite Iron Balls)
  • Heavy Slam (For Fairies)
  • Earthquake (For Dark and Steel resists)

Dilly2 (Cradilly; named after Dillydoo from JaidenAnimation's Two-Player Nuzlocke), Lv 50 (Fossil revives always come at level 1, I'm still training it), Quiet, Leftovers (Stall boi), Suction Cups
  • Wrap (For stall trapping)
  • Ingrain (To add to the annoyance that is Leftovers)
  • Sludge Bomb (Just there, thinking of swapping it out for Energy Ball, Giga Drain, or Ancient Power, it's a matter of "which one do I want?")
  • Confuse Ray (It's the second Dillydoo, it has to confuse stall)

So how good is my team?
3 Tanks
2 Attackers
1 Balance (Omnom can hit hard and eats hits, that's why he is both)

Last edited:
Im currently doing my playthrough now, and struggling to pick my last two team mates. But here they are:

Empoleon
Honchkrow ( I was very pleased I could use one of my favorite Pokemon early on!)
Mamoswine
Toxicroak
Buneary ( I caught her later on in the game. Idk if she's ever going to evolve. I would've caught a buneary in eterna forest along w murkrow but I wanted to use a purugly instead. Later on I figured out glamemeow is a shining pearl exclusive lol)

I dunno who to put in my last slot, might even replace buneary I just really wanted to avoid using a generic team + I also like avoiding using Pokemon of the same type, and also since I'm playing through a sinnoh game I wanted to exclusively use sinnoh pokemon. Which in retrospect isn't working out for me lol, the sinnoh Pokedex just feels so small to me sadly
Buneary will never evolve because:
  1. It is a friendship Evo which are annoying
  2. It has a base Friendship of 0, and because it's a friendship Evo, it will never evolve

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom