• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Pokemon will you be using in Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl?

The first five slots of my team are pretty much set in stone whenever I play through Sinnoh...

Torterra
Staraptor
Luxray
Floatzel
Lucario

As for the sixth slot, in Pearl I used Mismagius but swapped her out for Palkia, and in Platinum I used Weavile but swapped him out for Giratina. This time I'd like to use Togekiss, now that its typing is no longer the same as Staraptor's. But if Togekiss isn't available until the postgame, I might just leave the last slot empty until I catch Dialga or Palkia (I haven't decided which version I'll get this time).

I'm also tempted to try using Rotom instead of Luxray, now that its alternate forms presumably won't be event-only. But again, this depends on whether it'll be available before the postgame or not.

And another Sinnoh Pokemon I've always wanted to try out is Chatot, but that might not be quite so fun now that you can no longer record a custom cry for it (unless they bring that feature back?).

I'm going to try and recreate my original Diamond team. So Empoleon, Luxray, Drifblim, Lucario, Rapidash, and Clefable, I think. If it has the Platinum dex, I'll switch Houndoom for Rapidash and Porygon-Z for Clefable.

I want to say my original DPPt teams, but I'm going to wait it out a bit. Though for sure two slots are still going to be reserved for Piplup (and it's evos) and Riolu/Lucario, they'll always be two mainstays for me in these specific installments. If it has Houndour/Houndoom then that'll probably take my third slot, but once again I'll wait and see before planning the rest of my team.

This is going to be so hard for me. Pearl was my very first game, so my first team wasn't the best. I think I totally improved it when I played Platinum, but I'm still not sure.

First of all, my starter. I used Chimchar in both Pearl and Platinum. And honestly, I'm kind of glad I did since I now have the awareness that there were no other fire-types besides Ponyta (and I've used one since then, so sorry Pony). Part of me wants to re-live my nostalgia and use Chimchar again, but I'm not sure. I don't hate the other starters like I did when I was a child, so maybe I'll try one out.

Sinnoh has so many Pokemon I love and it's going to be had to choose. I reeaaalllly want to use Croagunk. I love it and have never gotten a chance to use it on a team before. I used a Pachirisu on my original Pearl team, but since I sucked back then, he never made it to his full potential (no joke, he was only around level 30 at the league). Maybe I'll try using a Pachirisu again. For some crazy reason I also really want to use Bibarel. Again, not sure why. I've always found it kind of cute. If we can get Eevee early, maybe Leafeon if I don't pick Turtwig. I like using Eeveelutions and I already used a Glaceon in White 2. Part of me wants to use my beloved Chatot again, but I actually used the in-game trade Charap really well the first time around, so I don't really feel like I need a repeat.

Ugh, there are just so many choices and I have no idea what I want. o_O

I picked Chimchar in Pearl and Piplup in Platinum, so naturally I’m gonna give Turtwig a chance this time around. As for the rest of my team, Staraptor is a given, along with Floatzel. Hopefully I can get Gallade. And I think I’m going to round things out by having my under leveled Electvire and Magmortar from GO imported from Home. The former because I don’t want to be repetitive by always using Luxray as my resident electric type in every Sinnoh play through. The latter is solely to get around only using ponyta if they don’t use the platinum dex.

I had a team reserved for these games long before they were announced:

Infernape
Luxray
Floatzel
Togekiss
Rhyperior
Drapion

Going to attempt a monotype with my favorite typing: Ground!

Torterra
Garchomp
Hippowdon
Mamoswine
Gliscor
Gastrodon

I'm thinking of doing a Water-only game for one of the games and a more mixed type for the other game.

I will definitely integrate the Mons not included in Diamond, like Porygon Z and Electivire. As for the starter, I probably will pick Chimchar. I don't like the Piplup line at all, and I just used Torterra in my most recent playthrough of Diamond (which I just finished yesterday, by the way).

If I can, I'll use exclusively Sinnoh Mons I haven't previously used in other games. If that can't be the case, some repeats like Luxray, Staraptor or Mamoswine.

Oh, and my dear boy/girl Garchomp!!! I love that Mon!

Hard to say, I usually rotate my teams.

I played Diamond for the first time (well, legally, I mean) 3 years ago when I got a Japanese copy out of the internet. Last year I decided to replay it so created a new save. My main team, right now, would be Enperuto, Mukuhawk, Donkarasu, Roserade, and the last two I'm failing to remember. I might choose to go for a similar team, starting with Hikozaru instead.

Actually thinking about picking Turtwig as my starter. I've never tried it, only ever used Chimchar or Piplup. Still kinda depends on what mons are available.

Also thinking of trying Bronzong and Toxicroak. They're mons I wanted to try on my last SWSH playthrough but never did. Both mons I've never used. And forgot about Togekiss so provided I can get it that'll be going on the team for sure.

It depends on if the dex is a straight cut-and-paste from DP or if it'll have Platinum additions in it. Chimchar will be my starter as even with Platinum's additions the Fire-types are meh at best. Staraptor is a must, as it's clearly the best bird ever made. The rest is up for grabs, but I'm tempted to use Toxicroak, as thanks to Sw/Sh I got a newfound respect for the poison dart frog, with it taking the slot of my favorite Poison Mon from Skuntank. The rest I don't know, as it ultimately depends on the type of dex we're dealing with, along with the possibility of HMs making a not-so-welcome return or not, as Sinnoh was the worst when it came to HMs. I'll have to wait for more info before I can iron out the rest of my team.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom