• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Pokemon will you be using in Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl?

That'll depend on what Pokemon they display in the main game. I'll probably do something different with my team this time around. It'll probably consist of: Empoleon, Cherrim, Lopunny, Pachirisu, Rapidash, and Togekiss. But again, it'll depend on what Pokemon are made available.

I never used Togekiss since I didn't want a Special Attacker to have a physical HM. If HMs remain non-existent, I'll give it a try.

Infernape, Staraptor, Luxray, Roserade, Drapion. I'm always really bad rounding out a team with a permanent 6th slot.

I suspect we'll get Rotom much earlier than in DPP, so that could make it's way on my team.

I'm having trouble deciding. I know I'll use Torterra, Infernape, and Empoleon. I'll start with Turtwig, but I'm going to breed my starters from the other two times I played a Sinnoh game and use their children on my team.

I think I'll also use Togekiss. I'm also considering Hippowdon, Toxicroak, and so many others that overlap with a starter type.

My BD team is unchanged from my post on page 1 (Empoleon, Pachirisu, Lucario, Garchomp, Glaceon, Weavile), but I've also been helping two of my friends come up with teams, one I was especially proud of was a sandstorm/trick room team:

Torterra

Rampardos

Bronzong with Trick Room

Hippowdon with Sand Stream

Umbreon with Safety Goggles

Garchomp with Sand Veil

The entire team is immune to sandstorm damage and besides Garchomp, they are all slow enough to benefit from Trick Room.

I think my BD team will probably be the same as my current Pearl team: Infernape, Lopunny, Staraptor, whatever Pokémon would be most useful for the next Gym (probably gonna use Meditite because the Veilstone Gym is a PAIN IN MY ASS)

Tried to train a Croagunk in Pearl too but it had pathetic defense and I can't think of a way to quickly cover for that other than spend lots of money on iron and zinc (which I can get at the Veilstone department store iirc)

So I thought I'd go for some old favorites but mix in some that I rarely use
Torterra (turtwig was my original dp starter)
Luxary (have a shiny shinx I want to use)
Gallade (rarely use him)
Togekiss (fairy type, walls garchomp)
Yanmega (never used before)
Rampardos (never used before)

For the mons I feel are most likely to come to the team...

1. Infernape. There are solid alternatives for all starters, but I feel like ape has the least amount of other options.

2. Roserade. I know it’s a great mon with great stats and a great design, so there is a very good chance this will end up on the team especially since I don’t tend to get many chances to use it.

3. Bronzong. Most of the mons I want more are on the frailer side so this would complement the team nicely. And like the above, I haven’t used it in a long time.

4. Lickilicky. Like Bronzong, another defensive creature would be nice. Also could help bring some decent coverage that anyone doesn’t have.

5. Gliscor. Had way too much fun with the one I had in my X nuzrun, and that was only at the end of the game. I would like to use this for a longer portion into the game.

6. Ambipom. Well this last slot could be anything really, but this has been on my want to use list for way too long.

as for a surfer, I lean more to getting a less common and more unique water mon but we’ll see.

If we do get Pt dex (which I still doubt) I am thinking of making a mono type team. Maybe a ghost or dark or poison type.
But if we get og DP dex then I still want to use weak/uncommon pokemon such as Burmy or Pachirisu

The more I think about it, the more I might choose Piplup for my SP team. A part of it comes down to my Legends team potentially having two part Steel types with Empoleon and Lucario. My team there would be weak to Ground type moves regardless, especially if I choose to train an Electric type, but having a bit more coverage with Torterra instead of Empoleon might help it out. Plus, aside from Buizel and Shellos, there aren't a lot of other fourth generation Water types that I'm interested in raising. I could just not choose to raise a Piplup in Legends, but I do like the idea of being able to raise all three starters across these games, especially when I was initially thinking of having a Piplup and Turtwig in a Pearl remake before they announced Legends.

With that in mind, my SP team could be Empoleon, Gallade, Stuntank, Hippowdon, Glaceon and Roserade. This could also allow me to raise all three of my favorite fourth generation Grass types with Torrterra in Legends, Leafeon in BD and Roserade in SP. I could possibly replace either Glaceon or Roserade with a Flying type like Staraptor or Togekiss. I still have time to decide on this team and it could also change if it takes too long to catch the Sinnoh starters in Legends, but I do like this potential team as well.

I never really know with remakes... FireRed and HeartGold were easy cuz I didn't play the originals, but OmegaRuby was more challenging cuz I didn't wanna just duplicate my original Ruby team.

So I'm torn between using anything I've used before or not. Torterra is probably my all-time favorite starter, but I obviously still have my original from Pearl. That goes for all my other Sinnoh pokemon too, so like idk of I should use my faves like Luxray or Staraptor.

...Now that I think about it, I haven't thought about who I will be using. I know that I will use Empoleon, Infernape and Torterra, but I haven't thought who else to add, since I don't like repeating types and I want a (mostly) Sinnoh party.

I do know that I would love to complete a Brilliant Diamond playthrough with Turtwig as my starter this time. I've never used any other Gen IV starter except Piplup in the past 10 or so years, and I think it's time for a change of pace (not to mention, I've recently become pretty fond of Torterra). I want to use Honchkrow, Drifblim and Aggron, being some of my favorite Pokes, but I already have fully-trained ones from my original Diamond game sitting around somewhere, needing to be moved to the newer games. I'd love to use Houndoom if we do get the Platinum Dex, which I bypassed in my actual Platinum playthrough due to already having a Flareon on my team, and maybe Purugly if I obtain one in a trade. This might also be an opportunity to use Gliscor for the first time.

The pokemon I wanna use, I don't know if it will be in the BDSP pokedex.

Melmetal. I just got 1 yesterday, at level 3. I had bought a powersave to clone Gen 6 and 7 pokemon, finally traded on-line for a level 3 Melmetal. (I don't have a smartphone, so that's the only pokemon I can't get legitimately).

For starter, it would probably have been Piplup, with Turtwig as 2nd choice. Not into monkeys.

However, today there was a mystery gift, for a Squirtle and Bulbasaur (in case anyone didn't know). But these Squirtle and Bulbasaur are much higher stats genetically. In Sword, I 1st chose Mustard's Bulbasaur over Squirtle cuz my Venusaur was lower stats than Blastoise, but today, received a level 14 Squirtle with better base stats than any of my Blastoise. And since it's level 14, good opportunity to transfer at the beginning of BDSP. Whether or not that will have me pick Turtwig as my starter or not I dunno. In Pearl, I had Turtwig, and Platinum, I had Piplup. Magmortar was my premier fire type so I didn't care for Chimchar.

I want to go with Torterra this time. I can't remember the last time I beat Dppt with the grass starter, and I'm curious / worried about how I'll get around the lack of fire-types. I really don't want to use Houndoom again as I've used it in more than one of my recent playthroughs, but what other choice do I have...? Trying to use a different team every playthrough may shoot me in the foot on this run... And I really want to use Staraptor. That bird is overpowered and I need it, especially since I haven't used it since my first playthrough of Diamond/Plat.

I'd like to give Vespiquen a try, but I don't find honey trees very reliable and it needs to evolve from a female Combee which is in the minority for Combee's gender.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom