• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP What Pokemon will you be using in Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl?

mmmm false swipe

I love Scizor, but if I'm remembering right, the Metal Coat in DP was either obtainable only in the post-game, or by deliberately grinding to find one being held by a specific Pokemon. That's honestly the part that worries me the most about using Scizor, weirdly enough.

But if it can be found elsewhere it would be great, and I would take Scizor over the other two options in a heartbeat.
So I assume you forgot what Pokemon Home is? You can always trade one up from Sword and Shield (like I'm going to do for my Lv 100 Weavile with stab Night Slash, fighting counter Psycho Cut (yes I went crit build), fairy counter Poison Jab (though honestly, I think Cynthia's only fairy is Togekiss, who is weak to Ice), and GG Ice Shard (I ain't using this thing to sweep the main game if it's disobedient for the entire game (unless my other Pokemon faint. then its a problem)

So I assume you forgot what Pokemon Home is? You can always trade one up from Sword and Shield (like I'm going to do for my Lv 100 Weavile with stab Night Slash, fighting counter Psycho Cut (yes I went crit build), fairy counter Poison Jab (though honestly, I think Cynthia's only fairy is Togekiss, who is weak to Ice), and GG Ice Shard (I ain't using this thing to sweep the main game if it's disobedient for the entire game (unless my other Pokemon faint. then its a problem)
Yeah, but I don't have Pokemon Home, and I don't intend to get it for a single item.

I suppose if I can't get Scizor, I can always go for Trash Cloak Wormadam :wynaut:

It seems that to enjoy this game to the fullest it helps to have a rotating team of Pokemon, and with three mythical Pokemon all available so early, two at Level 5 (Mew and Jirachi), and one at Level 1 (Manaphy), I'll probably add all of them to my rotation but not focus on them too much. I still want my main focus to be my Empoleon, Pachirisu, and Glaceon as my core team that I'll probably rarely, if ever rotate out of my party.

Turtwig is gonna be my starter since I chose Chimchar in the og Pearl and Piplup in platinum. Honchkrow is a definite lock since I don’t want to use Staraptor as my resident flying type again. Might use houndoom or rapidash as the fire type.

Since it doesn’t look like regional forms will be in this game, I’m going to have to change my team around a bit.
Empoleon
Mismagius
Glaceon
Roserade

Leaves me with two spots I need to fill. I’m thinking Luxray and I was leaning towards Gliscor, but I may go for Drapion instead.

Ok I think I've finally made up my mins on my final team...except I may use manaphy over Luminoen

Attachments

• Screenshots_2021-11-13-02-59-27.png
    Screenshots_2021-11-13-02-59-27.png
    447.9 KB · Views: 132
Ok I think I've finally made up my mins on my final team...except I may use manaphy over Luminoen

I'm a big fan of those team planners, I'm glad BDSP has one now! If anyone else wants to have a go with it, you can find it here (be aware, however, that it contains the full list of available Pokemon so if you consider that to be a spoiler, proceed with caution).

Here's mine:

Main Game

Brilliant Diamond - Main Game.png

Post Game

Brilliant Diamond - Post Game.png

Because Eevee is unfortunately not available until the post game, I can't use Glaceon like I planned to, so my teams have changed somewhat. I'm still going to use a rotation of two teams, it's just that Team B won't be complete until the postgame, so this is what I'm working with now:

Team A:
-Empoleon
-Pachirisu
-Spiritomb (Glaceon was supposed to be here, also replaced Mismagius with Spiritomb)
-Lucario
-Weavile
-Garchomp

Team B:
-Raichu (I plan to shiny hunt this probably after I beat the game, I've wanted to use a shiny Raichu for awhile)
-Glaceon (since it's in the postgame it's been moved to Team B)
-Leafeon
-Magmortar
-Gastrodon
-Yanmega

I do plan to use the mythicals you can get, but not too extensively, probably just until I get to the 6th gym and can get my Lucario, Weavile, and Garchomp around that point in the game.

1637080133682.png

Last two slots are debatable, it's just a tentative layout. I was tempted not to use Staraptor because I already use both it and Luxray on all my Sinnoh runs, but I was really looking forward to using Staraptor again, it's my second favorite regional bird.

Already planning my second run too because I know I'll do another run at least once before Legends.

TheExactSameTeamAsTheOtherOneScreenshot.jpg
Aaron is not an issue because 5 of my team members have Rock coverage. Flint (and other Fire-type users) are good against half of my team, but again, 5 of my 6 mons have Rock coverage, and 4 (Idk why it says 3, Gyarados can learn Earthquake) Ground coverage, plus Gyarados being Water-type (and is a special attacker named Shwoop). Or maybe "Coverage" means how many out of my 6 mons are good against Pokemon of that type.

Edit: Half of my team is Ground (luckily, I have Steelix to counter Ice), which worries me (and Candice (I hope other people realize the meaning behind her being an Ice-type gym leader (I'll give you a hint: the last three letters in her name are I, C, and E), its a joke) has a Piloswine, which beats Steelix and Blaziken)

Edit 2: If it isn't clear, I'm going to transfer Blaziken, Weavile, and Steelix (maybe Gyarados, I have a Shiny one in Shield that only knows Special moves; her set is Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, Uproar (gave her (yes Gyarados' gender is female) Throat Spray and then idiotically used it), and Hyper Beam (the exact reason why her name is Shwoop because she's GONNA FIRIN' HER LASER XD), and 256 SpA, 4 SpD, and 256 Spe EVs to top it off) up from Shield.

Last edited:
Edit 2: If it isn't clear, I'm going to transfer Blaziken, Weavile, and Steelix (maybe Gyarados, I have a Shiny one in Shield that only knows Special moves; his set is Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, Uproar (gave her (yes Gyarados' gender is female) Throat Spray and then idiotically used it), and Hyper Beam (the exact reason why her name is Shwoop because she's GONNA FIRIN' HER LASER XD), and 256 SpA, 4 SpD, and 256 Spe EVs to top it off) up from Shield.
When do you want to play the game?

I updated my team to make up for Pokémon not available until postgame.

Screenshot 2021-11-17 153448.png

For the analysis there's no type that isn't countered by at least one of my team members, and none of the elite 4 have a weakness for more than 2 party members,

On my second run, I'm thinking about forming Tobias' team, but since Tobias only use Darkrai and Latios, the fans are left speculating what the other 4 pokemon are they, So I'm gonna do my version of tobias' team.
My first team is Infernape, Garchomp, Lucario, Weavile, Mismagius, and Crobat/Porygon-Z (Note: Since Im getting BD and Misdreavus is exclusive to SP, I'm gonna request Misdreavus from somebody else). Unfortunately since Darkrai, and Latios are only Post-game exclusive, I was considering using them as post-game exlcusive, but I can try to capture Darkrai and Latios on the first run and deposited them into Pokemon Home, since Darkrai is at lv 50, I might use it after 6th gym and Latios is at lv 70, I might use before Pokemon League, and probably add Lv 70 Entei (Don't judge me, I don't like to use the legendaries, beside the mascot in the Main game, but it is from BDSP on my first run)

My second run post-game team is Darkrai, Latios, Entei, Lucario, Latias, and Cresselia.
1. Darkrai and Latios are confirmed
2. Entei - Based on DP sinnoh league victors opening
3. Lucario - Based on Original DP opening
4. Latias and Cresselia are both Latios and Darkrai Counterpart, it wouldn't make since to not capture them either, I would add Zapdos, but since I'm getting BD, and the legendary bird are exclusive to SP, I guess, I'll take what I have. Tbh, If Tobias did return in Pokemon Journey, I would want to see the rest of his team.

Tobias's team is crazy (The other 4 are just speculations) but I'm worried about Darkrai's signature move Dark Void, since in Gen 7 they nerfed Dark Void to 50% but I wonder if I use the Zoom Lens, which boost accuracy, I wonder if that works?

Note: Unfortunately I can't hide the attachments, but everything else is in the spoiler tag.
Update: I just realise that Pokemon Home won't be supporting BDSP until 2022, no official date yet, so I put this on hold until 2022.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-17 14.16.11.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-17 14.16.11.png
    556.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot 2021-11-17 11.49.47.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-17 11.49.47.png
    553 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot 2021-11-17 14.52.00.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-17 14.52.00.png
    506.2 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom