• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation What Pokemon Would You Like to See Get a Regional Variant?

Spiritomb. I propose an example emerging out of a tombstone rather than a keystone. And it evolves into a spectral demon in a tollbooth. This evolution can be found in the wild while soaring.

Spiritomb. I propose an example emerging out of a tombstone rather than a keystone. And it evolves into a spectral demon in a tollbooth. This evolution can be found in the wild while soaring.
Spiritomb is as much of a tomb now. Don't expect pokemon to reference the real world so critically.

Safe to assume there’s no regional Seviper. Also, the hell is a temtem?

I really like the idea of regional variants, but I think a lot of the hisuian ones are kinda weird and random. I love kleavor though, both design wise and terms of lore as an older counterpart to scizor. Most of the others could exist in any time or place. I just hope they do more like that

Safe to assume there’s no regional Seviper. Also, the hell is a temtem?

I really like the idea of regional variants, but I think a lot of the hisuian ones are kinda weird and random. I love kleavor though, both design wise and terms of lore as an older counterpart to scizor. Most of the others could exist in any time or place. I just hope they do more like that
Temtem is basically an indie game heavily inspired by Pokemon and the fanbase's long time wish for a Pokemon multiplayer- Temtem on Steam

Just some off the top of my head:
  • A Water-type Tangela and Tangrowth, based on a sea anemone.
  • A Water/Dragon-type Wooper and Quagsire, based on an olm.
  • A Rock-type Skitty and Delcatty, based on a bobcat.
  • A Fairy/Flying-type Drifloon, resembling a large bunch of colorful balloons you can get at a carnival. When it evolves into Drifblim, it looks like a rainbow-striped hot air balloon.
  • A Dark- or Ghost-type variant of the Porygon line, that came to be after a regular Porygon became infected by a computer virus. Maybe it could have an ability similar to Mummy, Effect Spore, or Cursed Body, where making contact with it is harmful.

A Dark type Mr.Mime evolution based on Italian Harlequin who were darkly sarcastic and even villainous characters. Its color scheme should be black and red just like a traditional Harlequin. I also think this variant needs a black mask with a long nose cause I feel like Mr.Mime needs a nose in general, even more than its weird antenna hair.

A Water/Electric Mareep evolution based on rain/thunderstorm cloud. To me, it sounds so obvious that they should be part Water because it annoys me that Water type Pokemon are always water dwellers. It is not necessarily to dwell in water to be a Water type, what about rain inspired Mon? Maybe Africa inspired region will add these because deserts need the rain.
And I also want to see Water type Elephants, Horses, Antelopes and Hippos.

Real Venus flytrap Victreebel evolution but make it MUCH stronger than the original. Carnivorous plants are so cool and they demand a Dark typing too or at least less goofy appearance, with some goth undertones.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom