• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What pokémon...

I strongly dislike Barbaracle. I personally find it quite ugly, despite the fact I usually like humanoid Pokemon, and it really bothers me that people compare it to Cloyster, saying Cloyster is no longer useful and outclassed (one of my favorites, btw).
I don't really like the Gen 5 dragon either. The name eludes me right now, it's blue and red and doesn't evolve? Idk. >_<
I don't really HATE any Pokemon, but those two are ones I probably would never use.

Design-wise I really dislike:
- Bisharp/Pawniard, especially Bisharp just looks like a humanoid robot.... It just fails.
And this would be why I love those two and find them utterly adorable. "One man's trash" and all that... :gives her female Bisharp a kiss on her helmet:

Dunsparce. Never liked the design, it's a pain to catch and when I used one in Silver, it failed in ways best described as epic. So yeah, it can disappear and I'd be happy.

Lucario. Yes, really. I skip every anime episode involving Lucario. I don't know ... it's the Steel-typing it has for no obvious reason, that irritating magic that it and a few snowflakes alone must have (Call it Aura all you like, it's damn magic, and an excuse to have Ash use magic). The voice acting for Lucario in the anime gets on my nerves as well

I know I've said it before, and I'll probably keep saying it until the end of time itself, but I'm going to say it once more.

Probopass. That thing just needs to go die in a fire and never come back. Ever. As far as I'm concerned, Probopass isn't a real Pokemon. It's the by-product of some artist's drug-induced drawing session.

I really hate Mr. Mime, Hypno, Jynx, Machamp, Gothitelle... Really just half of the Humanshape egg group. Because Pokemon should not be deformed people. No. Pokemon should be ANIMALS. Not freaking mutant people.

My sentiments exactly. I was going into this thread preparing to specifically shout out Mr. Mime, who I despise with a burning passion, but you've taken the words right out of my mouth. Pokemon based on human characteristics can be done well (case in point, Scrafty, who I previously disliked for the reason I'm elaborating on but eventually warmed up to since it's clearly a lizard), but Jynx, Machamp, Gothitelle... gag me with a spoon, they're just cartoon people.

There aren't any Pokemon that I really hate, but my least favorite is Seel. It's just a seal with a horn and one letter changed in the name. Not very creative at all.

I wouldn't mind the lack of creativity that much if I didn't always see people complain about things like Vanilluxe and Garbodor being unoriginal. (I mean, they at least have puns in their names. That already makes them more original than Seel in my book. :p)

I wouldn't say I hate the following as much as I rather say they're my least favorite Pokémon of all.

Igglybuff. I don't like pre-evolutions much for starters, as they're fundamentally useless unless they're preceding sufficiently big or strong Pokémon (Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Munchlax, Wynaut) or tie in certain Pokémon species (Tyrogue), but the vast majority don't. They exist only as marketing ploys with their overly saccharine cuteness. However, Uglybuff fails even at that, being a really ugly and kind of eerie pre-evolution compared to, well, every other. Even worse, being one of the first introduced, Igglybuff is one of the forced pre-evolutions, so she kinda drags down the entire evolutionary line with her existence. I really like Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff, so this abomination being the first stage of such cuties make me facepalm. Then again, it's kind of an ugly duckling story lol.

Dragonite. Horribly overrated dragon only for being the original or whatever. Every other Dragon introduced afterwards was way better in every respect. Dragonite comes out of nowhere, keeping none of the grace or design elements in its previous stages. Pseudo-Legendaries like Salamence and Tyranitar at the very least have the excuse of going into a pupa stage in-between, and even then, they do have some resemblance to their two previous stages. Dragonite uh... has a horn-like thing in its head like Dragonair. I totally see it! lol. It was also really underwhelming in battles compared to its brethren before 5th Gen blessed it with Multiscale. Still, I really don't like how it strays so far away from its evolutionary line and how it got so much hype over other Dragons with way cooler and consistent designs as well as much more remarkable battle prowess.

Sceptile. Worst starter ever. I like Treecko and Grovyle enough, but then turns into Sceptile and gets a tree tail and other strange design elements that really turn me off and don't keep the same sleek feel of Grovyle. Plus it was horrible as a starter. Only counting Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald here as they were the games where it's actually usable as a starter Pokémon. It learns a sufficiently strong move until frigging level 29, with all other options being awfully underwhelming (Slam? Really? At least it gets Strength too). And sure, it learns plenty of good TMs and Egg moves and has an overall better movepool than your average Grass Starter, but this is 3rd Gen, which means one-time use TMs. All of the good TMs Sceptile learns can't be obtained again as well. Also, in-game breeding? lol. The Physical/Special split wasn't too kind for it either, turning most of its best moves into Physical moves, which is its lesser offensive stat. It's not a bad Pokémon, but as a starter it was awful, and I really dislike its design.

Scyther. Another overhyped Gen 1 monster. Some people even prefer it over Scizor, despite this evolution having an infinitely better Type than Scyther's horrid Bug/Flying. I find its design pretty ugly as well. Thankfully I don't see so much praise for it anymore, and with Scizor's Mega Evolution, it's just bound to fall into obscurity, as one of its very few saving graces was having the same total base stats as its evolution with different distribution, which made Scyther legitimately powerful. It was also Pinsir's original counterpart, so of course I have to pick a stand against it. The dislike is not so bad anymore, but I don't think I'll ever find any appeal in Scyther.

I don't really hate any Pokémon, but I strongly dislike Mew. Maybe because it looks like it has no fur, and it's just a naked pink thing.

I don't really hate any Pokémon, but I strongly dislike Mew. Maybe because it looks like it has no fur, and it's just a naked pink thing.
According to the Pokedex it has fur.

Off the top of my head are Diggersby, Aromatisse and Binacle, though I see Binacle as one of those Pokemon who is meant to be appreciated by hating it.

Before gen 6 i would have said maybe Bidoof, Garbador, or Vanillite, but Diggersby is definitely the Pokemon I despise the most.

this ones gonna be extremely controversial... Stoutland. it's so annoying, it's overrated, it's the last thing I want to battle in the battle subway, it's sand rush ability makes no sense, it's attack is too freakin' high, and to top it all off, only one Pokémon has the ability to knock this thing back to Route 1- Emboar.

Aromatisse. It's so ugly, I can't use it because I can't stand looking at it. Which is a shame, because it seems to be quite useful in battle :/

Sweet mother of Arceus do I hate Throh and Sawk. I get it, reboot in BW, kinda make it like RBY with the Hitmons before Tyrogue and Hitmontop, but seriously. They're too similar, they're boring to look at, and WHY DOES SAWK HAVE STURDY?

I aside from that, I also really dislike Emboar, just from a design standpoint.

that's another reason I don't like Stoutland - it's weird-looking. I liked Lillipup, but not Stoutland

Aromatisse. It's so ugly, I can't use it because I can't stand looking at it. Which is a shame, because it seems to be quite useful in battle :/
you haven't seen just how disturbing the Pokedex entries are...

And it's origins...
Moulin Rouge D:

Edit: the dex entries don't seem to be that disturbing. They just say that it smells (unless I'm missing something here)

And it's origins...
Moulin Rouge D:

Edit: the dex entries don't seem to be that disturbing. They just say that it smells (unless I'm missing something here)

it smells like what it's been eating. it's disturbing if it's been eating you-know-what

I know at one point I said I think every single Pokemon deserves praise and has their fans. I really go on and off again on that "philosophy." I don't know. I try to parade myself as an "advocate" for things I feel are underrated, but I am getting tired of pulling the wool over people's faces. It is really hard to feel that sweet sentiment when something like Slurpuff exists. I HATE that thing. I just cannot bring myself to like it. I think what really brought out my hate for it is that Game Freak decided to make that POS into a dress exclusive to girls. Fuck that!

I also tried to feel that way towards humanoid Pokemon. While I do not hate all of them, a lot of them are really gross-looking and I just cannot bring myself to completely like them. I think the only Pokemon I really adore from the Human-like egg group are Electabuzz, Electivire, Pancham, and Pangoro, but that's only because they look more animal-like than human-like. Pokemon based off of inanimate objects are also not all that great, but they are more tolerable than human-looking Pokemon.

Yeah, sorry for my hypocrisy in the past. I am not fooling anybody here.

And it's origins...
Moulin Rouge D:

it smells like what it's been eating. it's disturbing if it's been eating you-know-what

Oh.
Well, that is indeed disturbing ._.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom