• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What real-life evil force will the next team be based on?

NoDontRapeMeOMG

Reaction score
All the major teams we've seen so far outside Colosseum and such have been at least partially based on organizations and groups we've come to recognize as evil in real life.

Team Rocket- Mafia, crime families (Al Capone, the Corleones)
Team Magma/Aqua- Terrorists. Extremists with a fanatical cause. (Al Qaeda, the People’s Liberation Front)
Team Galactic- Religious extremists, cult. (Fred Phelps, Heaven’s Gate)
Team ?- ?

The only real force of evil left now would be evil dictators now, really. So maybe in the next game, the evil team will take over the continent for real early in the game, and you spend most of the gameplay trying to overthrow it? Any ideas?

Team Teamsters - Poorly organized union of truckers. (Teamsters)

:B

Sweeper 25 to Grandma,I've spotted suspicious moving of pokemon here, I'll steal them quietly. Over and out.

This would be the best thing ever. We must now send billions of e-mail to nintendo about this! J/K... but this would be awesome.

I was going to post "A Team similar to the anime's TR trio, but not affiliated with Team Rocket" But Team Teamsters blows my idea out of the water.

Aqua and Magma weren't broad terrorists, they were ecoterrorists. There's a difference, at least in motive.

And Galactic is unusual given that it seems to be the only one where the true goal isn't known to the average member. And to make it even more unusual, it's not even known to the elite officers.

For the record, Team Meanies seems to be a bog-standard street gang.

And Galactic is unusual given that it seems to be the only one where the true goal isn't known to the average member. And to make it even more unusual, it's not even known to the elite officers.
Would that make them Nazis? cyrus has many aspects the same as hitler- clinicaly insane, evil, yet can persuade loads of unknowing people to do his bidding.

Unless you introduce flat out street warfare into the mix, I feel it will be very hard to incorparate a original evil team into the 5th gen :/

I had the idea of like angry ancient people or something. Like a group of ancestors of an ancient cult or something.

I thought Galactic was more like a Cult not a group of religious extremists.

Would that make them Nazis? cyrus has many aspects the same as hitler- clinicaly insane, evil, yet can persuade loads of unknowing people to do his bidding.
That's what I thought the first time too.

Unless you introduce flat out street warfare into the mix, I feel it will be very hard to incorparate a original evil team into the 5th gen :/

I agree with the second part, not so much the first. Aside from being fanatically inclined, Galactic didn't strike me as being Nazistic at all. They resembled the Heaven's Gate cult more than anything else, to me, only Galactic's beliefs were logically sound, in that the "aliens" they were after really did exist, where HG was based on some loony's rantings.

But yes, it will be difficult to create an original new team for Gen 5.

Heaven's Gate is Magna(/Holy)Angemon's attack in Digimon. XD

Anyway, maybe the next team does kidnappings for the other bad teams/people.

Yeah, but Hunter J has yet to appear in a game, so I guess that could work...

It could be just me, but its seems as though you are spouting out the fallacy that the games are based on the anime. Perhaps it's the "Hunter J has yet to appear in a game" which seems to imply that you think that any major anime character will appear int he game....

Asside from Riley being a homage to Sir Aaron, and Rebecca's little cameo in the Battle Island, that has never happened (oh and most of Yellow). As for Eusine in Crystal, I'm not sure which one came first the one in the game or the Anime (though I believe it is the later). If Hunter J would be somehow incorporated into the games from the Anime, it would probably be in Platinum rather than the 5th generation. However, basing a character off of her in the 5th gen doesn't seem too out of the question.

It could be just me, but its seems as though you are spouting out the fallacy that the games are based on the anime. Perhaps it's the "Hunter J has yet to appear in a game" which seems to imply that you think that any major anime character will appear int he game....

Asside from Riley being a homage to Sir Aaron, and Rebecca's little cameo in the Battle Island, that has never happened (oh and most of Yellow). As for Eusine in Crystal, I'm not sure which one came first the one in the game or the Anime (though I believe it is the later). If Hunter J would be somehow incorporated into the games from the Anime, it would probably be in Platinum rather than the 5th generation. However, basing a character off of her in the 5th gen doesn't seem too out of the question.

No, no, sorry if that came off wrong...I usually hate it as well when people claim the game is based off the anime. What I meant to say was that it would make for an interesting game if a character like J was featured. Not because I want anime characters to get in the game, but just because I think a villain like that could be interesting.

I think it could be interesting having to "compete" to catch or protect certain key Pokemon from the villains.

A Hunter J-esque character might make an interesting side villain, but he would definitely be too weak to carry on an entire game all by himself.

Also, I've been considering the whole evil-corporate thing, and.... I don't know, considering the target audience of the Pokemon games, I have a feeling it'll draw one too many parallels to Shinra for comfort.

The only real force of evil left now would be evil dictators now, really. So maybe in the next game, the evil team will take over the continent for real early in the game, and you spend most of the gameplay trying to overthrow it? Any ideas?

Great idea! This can turned Pokémon into a war game since a single person would not be able to overthrow a giant kingdom. You'll gather a lot of partners as you travel around! Thus, it became: Player+ NPC partners VS Evil Kingdom! What a great Pokémon War Game!
No Longer Player VS Gym Leaders. It would be Player VS Generals!

And each player and partners would not having only 6 Pokémon, but having a large number of army. The player would have a army of all types and you will have 17 partners who would control 17 armies with specific types.

Last edited:
And each player and partners would not having only 6 Pokémon, but having a large number of army. The player would have a army of all types and you will have 17 partners who would control 17 armies with specific types.

Hmm. I remember thinking of something like this in 4th grade. It was a bizzare Pokemon + Tiberian Sun crossover.

In all seriousness, a Pokemon real time strategy game would be pretty awesome (only if it was done on a computer, that is the only way to play real time strategy).

Military real time strategy with modern and/or SF weaponry and pokemon sounds like a pretty interesting combo.

I don't know if this has already been done but what about a rogue corporation? Or a lone rogue biotech researcher.

To me it seems like the teams were based on real-life problems, maybe to get younger kids interested in them. Say Team Aqua and Magma want to control the climate, which can relate to Global Warming. Whereas Team Galactic was looking for alternate sources of energy in the beginning of the game, we even got a wind works in there, and we all know that many countries are now trying to figure out how not to rely on nuclear energy so much...

Maybe I just looked into this a bit to much. It made better sense in my head really, it's around 1 am where I am, so this probably makes little sense to others...

Hmm. I remember thinking of something like this in 4th grade. It was a bizzare Pokemon + Tiberian Sun crossover.

In all seriousness, a Pokemon real time strategy game would be pretty awesome (only if it was done on a computer, that is the only way to play real time strategy).

Military real time strategy with modern and/or SF weaponry and pokemon sounds like a pretty interesting combo.

I don't know if this has already been done but what about a rogue corporation? Or a lone rogue biotech researcher.

This wouldn't work. A computer RTS would draw far too many parallels to the Warcraft games (Especially considering the high magic of both universes), and would be recieved with nothing but mockery.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom