• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What removed features do you want to see return?

What I miss the most is the walking Pokémon feature. I loved capturing Pokémon and having them in my party just to see them walking behind me.

And of course, the VS Seeker. I can't believe we still don't have it since Platinum...

Hope I'm not going off topic...
May just be me but I really liked that in Gold/Silver once you've bet the Elite Four you get to go to another full region (Kanto).
Just felt like there was a lot more to do. X/Y were pretty great, but I didn't feel there was a lot to do on it adventure wise.
May just be because I am older now though and go through the game more quickly.
Kanto in G/S was actualy a barren wasteland with barely anything to do except defeat Gym Leaders, you can defeat every Gym Leader in like two hours and then there's nothing to do, at least in X and Y you have Battle Maison, Battle Chateau and other stuff. Well in Crystal they added the Battle Tower and in HG/SS they added a bunch of stuff to do like Battle Frontier and Pokeathlon but if they going to add an extra region in the same game they better not pull the same crap they did with G/S and actualy have something more to do in that region than just defeat Gym Leaders.

VS Seeker/Re-battling other trainers.

I want it back! Even if it means the return of Joey or someone similar!

I'd love for pokemon following behind you and apricorns and their balls to return! Seriously at least let us buy the balls somehow :) Those are some of the coolest Pokéballs ever in my opinion.

I'd love to see the Apricorns back, so I can have tons of Level balls; those were great to complete the Pokédex.
The Pokémon following you feature is also one of my favourites of all time, so seen it return would be great.

Hope I'm not going off topic...
May just be me but I really liked that in Gold/Silver once you've bet the Elite Four you get to go to another full region (Kanto).
Just felt like there was a lot more to do. X/Y were pretty great, but I didn't feel there was a lot to do on it adventure wise.
May just be because I am older now though and go through the game more quickly.
Kanto in G/S was actualy a barren wasteland with barely anything to do except defeat Gym Leaders, you can defeat every Gym Leader in like two hours and then there's nothing to do, at least in X and Y you have Battle Maison, Battle Chateau and other stuff. Well in Crystal they added the Battle Tower and in HG/SS they added a bunch of stuff to do like Battle Frontier and Pokeathlon but if they going to add an extra region in the same game they better not pull the same crap they did with G/S and actualy have something more to do in that region than just defeat Gym Leaders.

I'm pretty confident that they'll actually add stuff should they do another dual-region game. The reason why Kanto in GS didn't have much was because there wasn't enough memory capacity on the GB cartridge. Once the more powerful DS came out, most features of the original RBY Kanto came back.

The only remaining problem with HGSS would be the slow level grinding. (Granted, that was partly due to lack of wild high-level Pokémon and high-level trainers.) They could allow a similar feature to the Battle Maison for added battle opportunities. (Maybe the Battle Temple? I did most of my level grinding - including evolving for Pokedex completion - through the Maison.)

I never played HGSS, so I never knew the joy of the following Pokémon feature... But I want it.

I miss seasons, mainly for the aesthetics, but also the fun of returning to a location a month later and finding new stuff. I also would love to have the stadiums/courts from BW, they were perfect for level grinding and lacked the aggravation of the E4.

Oh, and Move Tutors! I used them extensively in B2, I feel like my teams are just incomplete without the random crap they could learn via tutor. -weeps-

I'd love for pokemon following behind you and apricorns and their balls to return! Seriously at least let us buy the balls somehow :) Those are some of the coolest Pokéballs ever in my opinion.

I'd love to see the Apricorns back, so I can have tons of Level balls; those were great to complete the Pokédex.
The Pokémon following you feature is also one of my favourites of all time, so seen it return would be great.

HEAVY BALLS OMG. I seriously loved using heavy balls when I was playing HGSS. (I got Lugia with just four heavy balls.)
Most legendaries are heavy enough for the heavy ball's full effect, so they're an excellent pack to bring when capturing them.

I miss seasons, mainly for the aesthetics, but also the fun of returning to a location a month later and finding new stuff.

This is exactly what put me off to seasons, a month is too long to wait to access certain areas, Pokemon, and items. If the seasonal cycles were shorter, they'd be a perfect addition.

I miss seasons, mainly for the aesthetics, but also the fun of returning to a location a month later and finding new stuff.

This is exactly what put me off to seasons, a month is too long to wait to access certain areas, Pokemon, and items. If the seasonal cycles were shorter, they'd be a perfect addition.
I loved the timing... since I'm half senile, I'd love it on the first of each month when it was a new season and somehow I'd be surprised. I also play casually enough that a month to run back and find some items never really devastated me.

Poffin making. Not just because it's from Sinnoh ¬_¬

It was really fun because you could play multiplayer and if your friend uses a rare berry you can ruin their day by spoiling the Poffin XD

Oh, and underground. It was like a community, so if underground returns I hope they expand that feeling.

Vs seeker, more than anything. Rental battles (Factory) were also a great time-waster.
Pokémon-Amie might be this come the next pair of games

I would really like wild double battles to return. It's so hard to sketch moves onto low level Smeargles in X and Y, and the fact that there are no rematches doesn't help.

The Battle Factory. Or just some sort of rental battling mode. It's amazing and is the only thing I really think is missing from XY.

Oh boy… There is a lot of stuff. But for now I'll only post two.

I really want the Ball Capsules from Pokemon Dimond, Pearl, Platnium, Heartgold, and Soulsilver to return. I really seriously thought they were really cool.

I also want the Wonder Launcher to return too. I always dreamed of a item system in a human VS human opponent, and this was the perfect solution thing! I was really disapointed they removed it from X and Y...

While I can understand the inconvenience, I feel like the season-cycle should at least be somewhat realistic, which is what I think they tried to do. A season in real life is like, four months. I personally didn't think one month compared to four was too much to deal with.

Though I personally don't really care one way or the other for the return of seasons (only really cared about them for #Deerlingtho), if they were to return, I wouldn't want them to sacrifice the minor attempt at realism in seasons by shortening them to, for example, two weeks, just because people were too impatient to get a certain item or access an area. Especially with the easy solution of just changing the date on your DS if it was really that important.

While I can understand the inconvenience, I feel like the season-cycle should at least be somewhat realistic, which is what I think they tried to do. A season in real life is like, four months. I personally didn't think one month compared to four was too much to deal with.

Though I personally don't really care one way or the other for the return of seasons (only really cared about them for #Deerlingtho), if they were to return, I wouldn't want them to sacrifice the minor attempt at realism in seasons by shortening them to, for example, two weeks, just because people were too impatient to get a certain item or access an area. Especially with the easy solution of just changing the date on your DS if it was really that important.

I have a better solution, actually. Instead of using seasons, use weather. It can have all of the same benefits of season, but can realistically fit to shorter cycles.

But don't we have weather now? Minus the harsh sun from Hoenn and the thunderstorms from Sinnoh?

We do, but I was talking about having weather affect Pokemon distribution and area layouts in the same way that seasons do, instead of being a largely useless aesthetic feature.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom