• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What reserves do you see making a appearance in BW2?

Masurao

Easy listening
Reaction score
Given that BW2 seems to be bringing back old Pokemon, it's not hard to imagine some of Ash's old fellas making appearances. Do you think they'll play any roles other than battling? What circumstances could you see them being used?

Last edited by a moderator:
If Ash enters a Champion league, probably most or all of them.

I can see the entire Sinnoh team returning, as usually the last gen team gets good treatment. Possibly the Kanto and Hoenn teams might get some screentime.

It would be nice to see Ash's Quilava in an actual proper battle. And PLEASE give Glalie, Kingler and Muk a battle this time.

I do see Gible being rotated in to his party.

What I Want: ALL OF THEM lol but seriously if I had to choose 10 I want most to return:

Gible
Bayleef
Bulbasaur
Charizard
Infernape
Sceptile
Gliscor
Donphan
Muk
Quilava

I really wish Butterfree, Pidgeot, Lapras, Primape, Haunter, & Larvitar would return to Ash; Ambipom to Dawn; & Togetic to Misty! I really hate when people release their pokemon its really sad and its like saying bye to your best friends and i feel so sad. I dont even release them on games cuz I feel bad.... :(

I can't see Ash using any of his reserves here. It seems to me that Ash is most likely planning to use the pokemon that he caught in the Unova region and Pikachu. Besides, we have already seen most of them used during the Sinnoh League less than two years ago.

I can't see Ash using any of his reserves here. It seems to me that Ash is most likely planning to use the pokemon that he caught in the Unova region and Pikachu. Besides, we have already seen most of them used during the Sinnoh League less than two years ago.

He used Snorlax, Heracross, Quilava, Noctowl, Donphan, Swellow, Sceptile, Torkoal, Staraptor, Torterra, Infernape, Buizel, Gliscor, and Gible. Some of them multiple times. (Pikachu doesn't need to be listed)

He never used Bulbasaur. (Onscreen), Kingler hasn't been seen in years, Muk wasn't used (Onscreen), Tauros hasn't been seen in years, Bayleef wasn't used (Onscreen), Totodile wasn't used (Onscreen), Corphish wasn't used (Onscreen), Glalie wasn't used (Onscreen), Squirtle and Charizard haven't been seen in years.

Snorlax's only battle was incredibly short, Quilava's battle was horrible thanks to you-know-who, Torterra lost, again, I won't begin to talk about Torkoal. And etc, etc.

I'm just saying, it'd be nice to see them all battle again. He doesn't have to use all of them, just the ones that got the shaft in the Sinnoh League. Especially Torkoal and Glalie.

Hell, why not battle side-by-side with Ash's new Pokemon? Maybe some Oshawott-Buizel action? Double Aqua Jet anyone?

If this tournament thing is a bunch of really strong trainers, and is after the league, which i hope it is, then i would want to see most of Ash's old pokes again. No way is he going to go far in some sort of experienced tourney using just the unova pokes. I would love to see the Sinnoh pokes again, specially Gible, infernape and Gliscor. Sceptile and Glalie would be great, and Totodile and Heracross. And if they bring Charizard back, well i wouldnt complain lol (Doubt it though)

What I would absolutely love to see is some sort of double battle thing where Infernape and Sceptile team up. those two would rip shit up

I think it's pretty obvious that up till the Unova League and during the League itself - Ash will use ONLY Pikachu and his Unova Pokémon, especially with how many of these he caught
After the Unova League, I find it likely that Gible will return to his team and that we will see a few, just a few, of his other older guys return for a battle once in a while (BF-style)
These would NOT be Charizard or Squirtle, since to me it seems very clear that they can only come back to help Ash when he's in Kanto/Johto since they always come all the way to him by themsleves and are not just sent to him like Oak'd Pokémon... I assume the same is true for Gliscor who probably can only come to help Ash in Sinnoh (assuming he did go back to the Air Master)
Who WOULD be used then? I can see them focusing mostly on the recent DP series Pokémon, possibly including Quilava since in a way it is a DP Pokémon and we didn't get to see enough of it (I wonder if there's a chance Ash will bring it back even earlier to a short visit to see Dawn's Quilava... like he did with May's Bulbasaur... but that's unlikely since he didn't bother to do it with Dawn's Cyndaquil)

Before and during the League, I don't see Satoshi using reserves. If there's a journey post League, I see Fukumaru coming back and traveling with Satoshi, most likely evolving à la Gomazou. The only other Pokémon of Satoshi's I reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaally want to see make an appearance, get a few battles is Waninoko. Magmarashi and Betbeton should get appearances too, but I really want Fuku and Wani :3

Gible would probably the most likely.

Kingler and Muk should appear because its been a decade since the last time the two have battled.

Guys, Corphish is on the poster under Piplup.

CORPHISH!:banana:

If that Corphish is Ash's (fingers crossed), and it does evolve (fingers even more crossed), Crawdaunt will make Ash's first fully evolved regional team (hoenn, even though theres only 5 of them)

I really want to see Gible again, see it interact with the new team, have Iris spout some crap about Ash having a dragon and never telling her lol. And totodile would be fantastic 2. Him and Krokorok can be bros : )

Totodile need's the most redemption out of any pokemon

Him and gible should be given the spotlight first

But i do see ash using infernape, torteraa, glalie, bayleaf, gliscor

I have to agree on Corphish. Considering how Ash hasn't had any water Pokemon evolve in a believable manner, and that Totodile's time to shine has come and gone, Corphish is the best candidate. Corphish is a fun little guy and has proven to be a good battler, I think he deserves the chance to become Ash's water powerhouse.

Then comes Gible, the caught at last minute back in Sinnoh team member and Ash's only dragon type. There's a lot that could be fleshed out with him.

And finally, I want to see the big guns rolled out. Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, Torterra, Snorlax, Glalie and Swellow. With this guys we're more likely to be given top tier awesome battles. Specially if any of the first three are involved.

I really disagree that Fukamaru could be fleshed out; I can only see it being used for interaction with Iris or for the gag with Pochama. I don't think the former will happen as the Kairyuu on the poster seems more promising for Iris interaction and with Mijumaru there, Pochama already has an obvious Pokémon to interact with.

I know that many people think it didn't get much time on the cast, but for the time it had it did quite a lot. Constant training, a running gag, two League wins (and the star of a match) as well as having a move that was said could have KO'd a Darkrai if it hit. I can't see it returning outside of a match in the Tournament; with Meloetta travelling with the gang, Pochama and other possible captures, I don't think we'll get a repeat of Donphan.

The possible return of Gible in a Phanpy style isn't likely to happen now - but I do find it likely in the next saga (...NOT "season", "season 2" means nothing.... I really wish people would realize it, this is still a continuation of the Unova journey, by "next saga" I mean what Ash will do after the Unova League)

One should break the space-time continuum of every single dimension to bring together Oshawott, Piplup AND Corphish so sadly I really don't see that happening. My guess is the latter will get 2-3 wins in one or two (tourney) matches and that's all.

As I have said a few times before, the opportunity and circumstances for bringing back Gible would be perfect now so he's the one I'm absolutely counting on. If this tournament is filled with such competent participants and the stake is so high, maybe we get to see quite a lot of reserves, even powerhouses. I mean, would they need a better chance?

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom