• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Should Have Made Ash Famous?

Srebak

Reaction score
Now, I’m not really quite sure about what’s going to happen to this topic, but, in any event though;

What exactly has Ash done within each and every single region that he has visited to, essentially, make a name for himself in some way, shape or form?

Now, this applies to both in and out of the regional leagues, is mostly hypothetical, so please don’t try to use some sort of ‘real world’ logic as a means of shooting the question down. And as an example, I mean like incredible, and in some cases, almost ‘heroic’ types of deeds and actions, like how he was among the people who fought to protect Kalos from Lysander, that kind of thing.

Well he helped to save Sinnoh and Kalos. He placed second in the Kalos League, Ash-Greninja, his level 1p00 Pikachu.

I think Ash must be pretty notable to be the first trainer in the entire Sinnoh region to defeat Tobias' Darkrai and reveal his second Pokémon.
Even the Sinnoh League runner up couldn’t defeat Darkrai.

And he must’ve also attracted attention for being the first trainer in Kalos league who was not curbstomped by just Mega Charizard X and Metagross in addition to helping in the Kalos crisis.

Never gonna happen except the battle against Drake in OS.
Filler doesn't count :p

As for being famous...

Wasn't there something about how barely anyone ever gets enough badges to even enter a League in the first place in Kanto?

You'd also think placing as high as he does in the various Leagues would also be cause for interest, especially if he shows up at multiple Leagues

And that's not taking the various movies' events into consideration, because I imagine a giant crystal palace popping out of the ground on top of a kidnapping would cause some uproar

Also, there was the time a Rayquaza showed up battling aliens, or the giant Groudon, oh, and then an entire town was swallowed by a time-space distortion, hi Arceus, and was that half a dozen legendary pokémon leveling a city?!

:p

Would any of these count;

1. He helped to defend the Pokémon Center in Viridian City

2. He helped out that one Professor in the Clefairy episode just before Cerulean

3. He helped to fend off the TR assault on the St. Anne

4. He helped out that city with the Muk problem

5. He helped out that one girl on the farm with the Rapidash

6. He actually met a member of the Elite Four in Kanto, Bruno

7. He helped that one trainer retrieve his Gym Badges after they were stolen

8. He rescued that lost baby Lapras

9. He helped to take care of that ‘Mystery Menace’ in that one city

10. He helped to deal with that one pirate gang that was threatening all of those Lapras

11. He helped to save that Totadile

12. He helped to inspire that one kid with the Belsprout

Wow, what a topic and if you ask me, at this point Ash should be like the most famous 10 year old in the Pokemon world considering he saved the world and the universe multiple times in the movies but even if we write them out because the movies doesn't necessarily count as canon he did enough to get at least some fame.
Let's start with him always taking down regional evil Teams or at least helping in doing so big time. There should be enough people around to have noticed it except the Pokemon world governments are better in covering up than CIA, FBI and all other institutes of this kind together. I mean a young boy involved in destroying a countrywide (sometimes more) mafia surely would have media swarming all over him.
Even then, hasn't the Anime stated from the beginning how much of a big thing the Leagues are and with all the land wide viewership? He may have never won but he certainly had an impact on the events so surely people would talk about him a bit and even other regions should hear bits about him and talk some. But obviously each region is pretty isolated from the others, why else would no one recognize Ash when he waltz through it.
I could certainly write all the other things that should have made Ash famous like a film star but I don't feel like writing a whole newspaper all by myself.
Have a nice day and see you around.

Last edited:
Recklessly jumping off Lumiose Tower to catch Pikachu instead of just trying to return it.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom