• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

What should the next pair of games be called?

¡Prepárate a morir!
Reaction score
I think they should be Pokémon Infrared and Ultraviolet, what about you?

All about me
Reaction score
Pokemon rock and steel maybe? This is the only thing i have in my mind

I aim to misbehave
Reaction score
I'm partial to Pokemon Hot and Cold.

Destined for Greatness
Reaction score
I like the sound of Pokémon Cobalt and Pokémon Titanium.

I'll be honest though, I find it to be rather silly discussing the names of next generation games because the names tend to correlate with the Pokémon on the covers. Upcoming games within a generation are fine though I guess.

¡Prepárate a morir!
Reaction score
I like the sound of Pokémon Cobalt and Pokémon Titanium.

I'll be honest though, I find it to be rather silly discussing the names of next generation games because the names tend to correlate with the Pokémon on the covers. Upcoming games within a generation are fine though I guess.
Although Infrared and Ultraviolet sound cool because perhaps we'd have a pair of Bug-type legendaries.

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
Amethyst and Tourmaline? Perhaps Sol and Luna?

Monoceros
Reaction score
Ground and Ghost

Actually, Sine and Cosine sound really good. It fits in with the whole X and Y axis thing and I like that.

Reaction score
I designed a Pokemon fan game called Sun and Moon version, with the third being Earth. And they're not just names, they have to do with the plot. So if there were an actual Sun and Moon, that'd be awesome.

However, I expect Gen VII to be terrain-based. Kinda running out of colors. So maybe Pokemon Sky and Pokemon Sea or something.

Nah, not possible.
Reaction score
It was an April Fools' joke, but I liked the sound of Zero and Infinity. I'm going to bet that other Greek letters will be used in the future. Sigma, gamma or delta all sound fine to me.

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
Space and Time? Mars and Venus (astronomy could be part of the plot), Delta Emerald and Gamma Crystal?

Robot Army #65: Ch!efbot
Reaction score
What about Pokémon Reflections and Duality?

Vee Vee Eeeeveee!
Reaction score
Pokemon SuperRed and UltraGreen... FireRed and LeafGreen remakes for the anniversary.

live fast die frequently
Reaction score
Day and Night, with the third version being called Dusk. Also, Adamant Diamond and Lustrous Pearl.

The Fluffy
Reaction score
It was an April Fools' joke, but I liked the sound of Zero and Infinity. I'm going to bet that other Greek letters will be used in the future. Sigma, gamma or delta all sound fine to me.
Pokemon Kappa
Pokemon Lambda
Pokemon Mu and Nu
Pokemon Zeta and Theta (third version Pokemon Eta)
Pokemon Epsilon and Upsilon
Pokemon Chi and Psi (third version Pokemon Xi; the paired Pi and Phi expansions as DLC)
Pokemon Omicron and Omnicron (all right I made that last one up)

The Pokemon Observer
Reaction score
Pokemon Whatever and Whichever.

And the 3rd version is Couldn'tCareLess.

If not 3rd version but sequels, then Anything and Something.