• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What should the next pair of games be called?

We still have plenty of letters to go through if they're feeling lazy.

As you may have noticed, I would like more gemstones.

Jade, Onyx, Copper, Opal, Obsidian, Granite, Quicksilver... random metals/minerals/semiprecious gems. Can't think of anything else.

Or we could just get a singular game called "Pokémon Infinity", and have something of everything from every main series game crammed into it. Hence the "infinity".

Bonus:

- Pokémon Cosmo and Pokémon Wanda
- Pokémon SpongeBob and Pokémon Patrick
- Pokémon Thor and Pokémon Loki
- Pokémon Fox and Pokémon MSNBC
- Pokémon OhMyGosh and Pokémon WhatTheHeck

The problem is it needs to be an interesting duality. I don't think we're going to get more gemstones because they're not as related as the ones we already had. I can't think of what kinds of dualities they could do next though.

Pokemon Dawn Sun and Dusk Moon. Or maybe Pokemon Synthesis and Pokemon Antithesis. Or maybe Pokemon Discovery and Pokemon Mystery.

For DP remakes, how about Temporal Diamond and Cosmic Pearl.

The problem is it needs to be an interesting duality. I don't think we're going to get more gemstones because they're not as related as the ones we already had. I can't think of what kinds of dualities they could do next though.

Well Yin and Yang is out, Heaven and Hell would be too controversial. Left and Right or Up and Down would be uninteresting (the former pair would head into a different controversy).

Pokemon Orange and Pokemon Purple hadn't happened yet, neither did Pokemon Cyan and Magenta. On metals we have Pokemon Steel and Iron (and variations), Mythril and Orichalicum, etc. There is also pairs like Castor and Pollux (dealing with life and death themes, though that may rehash the Kalos legendaries a bit), Romance and Enlighten (for Romanticism and Enlightenment, or more simply, Nature/Emotions vs Science/Stoicism), Tempest and Earthquake and finnaly Past and Future

Last edited:
Pokémon Vibranium and Pokémon Adamantium. Funny in that the word "adamant" is in adamantium, and we have the Adamant Orb for a 'mon who's a Steel-type. Alright, that's it. The next time I catch Dialga, I'm naming it Logan.

For themes, we should also start taking into account the possibility of alternate universes that's been brought up in the Delta Episode. What if for Gen 6 or Gen 7, we get games that the plot is based around that aspect? What would the names of those games be? I can't really think of any dual-themed names to go along with that, other than stuff like "past", "present", "future", "infinity", ect. The only name out of that group that doesn't sound too boring or cliché is "infinity". Somebody had already suggested Zero and Infinity.

How about Myth vs. Fact? Would that be too controversial?

I think with Arceus, Pokemon has already crossed that line so... anything is fine.

But I think it's important to remind people of the franchise's target demographic. I really don't think Nintendo is going to use game names that are overly long or complex.

I'll go with Pokemon TemporalDiamond and CosmicPearl.

But yeah, they haven't really explored that duality of beliefs and feelings vs. facts and logic and that could lead to some interesting conflicts in the plot. We've already seen several villains that were well meaning sociopaths fueled by their ideologies, perhaps this theme could expand on that.

Pokémon Paleo and Pokémon Neo, with the two mascot legendaries having a contrast of past and future, and a third one that represents the present. There's also Pokémon Chrono Diamond and Pokémon Choros Pearl for D/P remakes.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom