• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What should the next pair of games be called?

really just something simple. i like the basic names for all the non-remakes and i don't want anything that a kid couldn't pronounce easily because, well, come on

examples:

jade/opal
something about wealth and power

zero/one
something about binaries

I like the 0 / 1 dual names, although not sure how they'd stylise them :) I was thinking perhaps something along the lines of:

- Pokémon Infinity & Pokémon Eternity: looking at these two concept (though these relate a little too closely to Dialga and Palkia already :/)
- Pokémon Chaos & Pokémon Order: easy to see why it's interesting
- Pokémon Genesis & Pokémon Ultimate: nice opposition between beginning and ending (though there may be an ambiguity with the 'Genesis', and a bit too much religious baggage :/)
- Pokémon Origin & Pokémon Destiny: opposition between where we come from and where we go (though here we run the risk of confusing it with Pokémon: Origins)
- Pokémon Mars & Pokémon Venus: dichotomy between war and peace, and a more elegant way of approaching the masculine/feminine contrast

with Pokémon Chrono Diamond & Pokémon Geo Pearl as possible remakes of Gen IV :D

For some reason I've been trying to think of some music-based ideas:

Sharp and Flat (meh)
Melody and Harmony
or Harmony and Discord
Consonance and Dissonance
Major and Minor
Treble and Bass
Allegro and Largo
Frequency and Amplitude
Pitch and idk.

Yeah like non of these are good I'm just tossing out ideas.

As far as Genesis and Ultimate go, I think Alpha and Omega was kind of those titles in a nutshell.

- Pokémon Genesis & Pokémon Ultimate: nice opposition between beginning and ending (though there may be an ambiguity with the 'Genesis', and a bit too much religious baggage :/)

Two of the card sets were named Neo Genesis and Neo Revelation.

1. Shield and Sword?

2. Scorch and Subzero?

3. Terra and Caelum?

4. Solar and Lunar?

5. Light and Shadow?

6. Zenit and Nadir?

7. Primal and Cyber?

8. Prior and Future?

9. Ancient and Advanced?

Neo Genesis and Revelation, looks nice. Religious baggage Jammy2A? We had Greek mitology in gen IV, and other religious things, golems and so on, but nicely done.
Neo Genesis , a new beginning? accident or a plan?

Last edited:
Pokemon Atlas and the opposite of atlas and their inspired by northern lights and southern heat

I'm very tird.

• Pokemon Garnet, Amethyst, Topaz,
  • Pokemon Violet and Rose
  • Pokemon Infinity and Zero
  • Pokemon Velve, Silk (or other textures)
  • Pokemon Dawn and Dusk
  • Pokemon caos, cosmo, chrono, space, time, etc..
  • Pokemon Prism, Chrome

the ideas I'd like to see most would be

Pokemon Hopes and Dreams
Pokemon Myth and Legend
Pokemon Order and Pokemon Chaos
Pokemon Rose and Pokemon Violet

I like the Past and Future rumor, those would make for good game concepts.

Fantasy and Reality would be an interesting concept as well, but they should save those for VR.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom