• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What should the next pair of games be called?

Pokemon Left and Right. Third version could possible be Middle. I don't know where I got the idea for this, but it sounds pretty good and believable.

Pokemon Concrete and Pokemon Abstraction?
Pokemon Shine and Pokemon Shadow?
Pokemon Musing and Pokemon Actuality?

Pokemon Adam and Pokemon Eve? Could revolve around the story directly after Arceus created everything.

Pokemon Yeah, Pokemon No.
Pokemon Fire, Pokemon Ice
Pokemon Ho, Pokemon Hey
Pokemon Sux, Pokemon Rox
Pokemon Nike, Pokemon Adiddas.

Kidding.

What about something related to the four seasons? Spring, Winter, Summer, Auntunm.

Or related with the weather and natural phenomenons : breeze, ray, thunder, twilght, sunrise, sunshine, dawn, aurora, mist, lightning, Storm, Air, Ether, Rainbow, Earth, Cloud, Rain, universe, cosmic.

Maybe some "abstract" concepts? Like Noblesse, Dream, Wave, Song, Lullaby, Melody, Light, Bright, Sweet, Silence, mystical, glory etc...

Age/time related: Future, Ancient, Tale, Fantasy, legend, Eternity, Infinite, destiny.
Some of the best ideas have already been said: day/night, dark/light, moon/star/sun

Last edited:
Pokemon Ho, Pokemon Hey
Pokemon Sux, Pokemon Rox

Kidding.

What about something related to the four seasons? Spring, Winter, Summer, Auntunm.

Or related with the weather and natural phenomenons : breeze, ray, thunder, twilght, sunrise, sunshine, dawn, aurora, mist, lightning, Storm, Air, Ether, Rainbow, Earth, Cloud, Rain, universe, cosmic.

Maybe some "abstract" concepts? Like Noblesse, Dream, Wave, Song, Lullaby, Melody, Light, Bright, Sweet, Silence, mystical, glory etc...

Age/time related: Future, Ancient, Tale, Fantasy, legend, Eternity, Infinite, destiny.
Some of the best ideas have already been said: day/night, dark/light, moon/star/sun

These are some pretty good ideas. "Pokémon Sunshine and Pokémon Rain" sound cool.

Pokemon Ho, Pokemon Hey
Pokemon Sux, Pokemon Rox

Kidding.

These are some pretty good ideas. "Pokémon Sunshine and Pokémon Rain" sound cool.

That would be too close to RSEORAS' theme.

Not that I can do any better at all, but ninety percent of these are pure awful. I've always liked crimson however. Does anyone have a complete list of Pokemon trademarked names? That is where one should start with guessing future titles.

Solstice and Equinox. I really want seasons to come back in a big way, and having seaon related legendaries would be amazing. Ice/Fire legendary based on the winter/summer solstice and a grass/fairy based on the spring/fall equinox. I mean if not that, we dont have legendary representatives of the seasons, and I expect em next gen.

I like Equinox, but it's more for the Light/Darkness themes than season themes.

Still a seasonal set of games would be cool. It could even be Pokemon versions of Fire Emblem If. One game (Solstice) having a plot dealing with the evil team trying to extent the Day/Night (Think Nightmare Moon from Friendship is Magic) and the other (Equinox) dealing with an evil team tidally locking the planet and putting the region in a state of perceptual Twilight

Not that I can do any better at all, but ninety percent of these are pure awful. I've always liked crimson however. Does anyone have a complete list of Pokemon trademarked names? That is where one should start with guessing future titles.

But most of the ideas were jokes. No one was serious when suggested Left and Right. Ghost vs Ground, Cosmo vs Wanda or Whatever vs Whichever . At least I hope. :lol:

And no one was literal when sugested, for example, logic vs. emotion or might vs wisdom. Its just concepts.

Last edited:
Oh thank god. I would be seriously worried if that was the best anyone could come up with. Lmao!

I have some ideas.

Serious suggestions:
  • Pokémon Sealed and Pokémon Unleashed
  • Pokémon Steampunk and Pokémon Cyberpunk
  • Pokémon Texture and Pokémon Gradient
  • Pokémon Paint and Pokémon Thinner
  • Pokémon Faith and Pokémon Denial

Silly suggestions (never going to happen):
  • Pokémon Blood and Pokémon Flesh
  • Pokémon Hyperdimension and Pokémon Ultradimension, with the third version being Pokémon Superdimension
  • Pokémon Candle and Pokémon Flashlight
  • Pokémon DC and Pokémon Marvel
  • Pokémon Fruit and Pokémon Vegetables, with the third version being Pokémon Sugar
  • Pokémon Rom and Pokémon Ram, with the third version being Pokémon Motherboard

Last edited:
X2 and Y2 for gen 6. Gamma and Zeta for Gen 7. My ideas but they may sound terrible.

really just something simple. i like the basic names for all the non-remakes and i don't want anything that a kid couldn't pronounce easily because, well, come on

examples:

jade/opal
something about wealth and power

zero/one
something about binaries

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom