• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What should the next pair of games be called?

Like others have suggested, a seasonal theme or a four directions theme would be really fun-but I'd like to see them take that a step further and actually release four games at once. with big differences between them. I'm sure it'll never happen-Gen 7 showed us Game Freak isn't all that big on version differences-but I think it could have a lot of potential, especially if it got differences as big as BW2. (of course, ditching that awful difficulty thing) Four unique storylines that connect in small ways? Pokemon with four different forms? (We've got a ton of those, but I love them and would love more) A Black City/White Treehollow location with four different variations? I can only dream...

Just wondering: why? I've seen you post very firmly about this a couple times, but I've no idea where it's coming from.

The Chinese Riddler hinted that the titles would come from weather phenomenon if I recall correctly. Either that or Pokemon Snow and Pokemon Rain.

Pokemon Heat and Freeze,
Then Extreeme Heat and Extreeme Cold

Pokemon Desert and Jungle, third game Oasis

Pokemon Rose and Orchid

Pokemon Sword and Shield

Pokemon King and Queen

Pokemon Space and Time

Pokemon Future and Past

Pokemon Tech and Magic
then High-Tech and Pure Magic

Pokemon HEX and Pokemon TECH

Pokemon Titan and Myth,

Light and Dark

Order and Chaos: Could also be themes for opposing legendaries or teams

theoretically we have Z-moves and Mega stones that are natural,

but what about new Items that could be creted by humans but better ones?

Last edited:
With a bit of tweaking, that debunked "Speed Light/Speed Sound" rumour would make for great titles imo. There are plenty of rocks, gems, and minerals that GameFreak haven't used yet:
  • Amber/Jade
  • Graphite/Charcoal
  • Obsidian/Onyx
  • Amethyst/Agate
And so on. But if we keep moving from those, then maybe "Tempest/Tranquility"? I quite like "Past/Future" too tbh.

Pokemon Blizzard and Sandstorm

theoretically could or should be posibble, we didnt get legendaries with hail and sandstream ...

Pokemon Snow and Sand

Pokemon Tundra and Desert

Stalactite and Stalagmite?

Pokemon Blizzard and Sandstorm

theoretically could or should be posibble, we didnt get legendaries with hail and sandstream ...

Pokemon Snow and Sand

Pokemon Tundra and Desert

Stalactite and Stalagmite?
Glacier and Boulder.
Cold and Dry.

...that’s all I got.

Also, just to point out, snow and Tundra are technically contradictory, as a tundra is cold but dry, i.e. no snow.

Ooh, heatwave and coldfront
Or heat index and wind chill lol.

I'd like a space-themed or more science-fiction oriented pokemon game.

How about Deep Space and Near Earth for that space-themed version?

If they ever remake Sun and Moon, they'll have to call it Solar and Lunar.

On that note, Pokemon Dusk and Dawn sound like a good pairing. One with a dark-type Legandary and the other with a psychic type Legendary.

It seems as if though almost every idea has been explored within this thread, so what about Night and Day? Somewhat silly, I know, but I sincerely can't think of anything else!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom