• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What should the next pair of games be called?

A few people predicted (proposed, per say) Sun and Moon back in 2015 on this thread, before the games were divulged. LOL

I don't have any suggestions since it has a theme importance along with the region legendaries, but Greek letters, space-related stuff, unused jewels\stones and colors, etc... seem reasonable.

A few people predicted (proposed, per say) Sun and Moon back in 2015 on this thread, before the games were divulged. LOL

I don't have any suggestions since it has a theme importance along with the region legendaries, but Greek letters, space-related stuff, unused jewels\stones and colors, etc... seem reasonable.
Idk that the gems and colors really have anything to do with the themes of the legendaries... it wasn’t until gen 6 (or arguably 5) that they made sense. Like, I don’t think pearls have anything to do with space. But now, especially with sun and moon, the titles seem to hold more meaning in terms of the legendaries or the game itself. So for that reason I kinda doubt they’ll just go back to old making conventions unless it makes sense thematically.

Idk that the gems and colors really have anything to do with the themes of the legendaries... it wasn’t until gen 6 (or arguably 5) that they made sense. Like, I don’t think pearls have anything to do with space. But now, especially with sun and moon, the titles seem to hold more meaning in terms of the legendaries or the game itself. So for that reason I kinda doubt they’ll just go back to old making conventions unless it makes sense thematically.
That's only for one gen. You can't use one game as the basis for future events.

That's only for one gen. You can't use one game as the basis for future events.
I was actually arguing for the case that they are getting progressively more significant each gen. Sun and moon are definitely meaningful in terms of both the legendaries and the story, X and Y have to do with the axes of the mathematical plane, which is really only significant in regards to the generation itself and not so much the story or legendaries, but there’s still the fact that game Freak chose those names for that reason. Black and White could arguably be considered just colors like gen 1, but I think they’re more significant than that given that zekrom and reshiram are the yin and yang Pokémon, and the whole truth and ideals thing not being black and white is definitely a factor. All I’m saying is, based on the last three generations, I would expect the next pair of games’ titles to hold at least some form of significance to either the plot, the legendaries, or some other significand. I will, however, concede that this IS game Freak and patterns or lack-there-of don’t typically mean anything as far as predictions.

Aren't the titles named after the color\theme of the legendaries more than what they actually are legendaries of? Solgaleo and Lunala aren't actual legendaries of the sun and moon, Nebby's just plot important.

How about up and down, or left and right? And the path through the region is different in each game, the first town is the same but up has you going through route 1 at the north while down take a surfboard to cross the river at the south.

Past (for Tradition, Johto and Celebi)
Future (for Modernization, Kanto and Mewtwo)
Present (for Balance, bonus new region and Mew)

Pokemon Past and Pokemon Future doesn't sound catchy though.....

* Pokemon quantum & chaos

* Pokemon sound & light

* Pokemon Gamma & Pokemon Zeta

* Pokemon Rainbow & Pokemon Spectrum

Pokemon please & Pokemon understand

Pokemon Mars and Venus

Those are the names which fits a potential war&peace or love&hate theme the best because of the roman gods and mythology (Mars: God of war, Venus: Goddess of love).

Region would be Italy obviously with a focus on the roman mythology. Now tie this with the Sinnog mythology of the DP remakes and it would be perfect.

I'm guessing they're going to go a color route like Rainbow and Prism, but likely they'll name the next versions after the legendaries as usual. Star and Galaxy would be cool, think Team Galactic already covered that.

Pokemon Faith and Fear (or Despair)

rather the first one fits the imo better

Last edited:
I find the sound of Pokèmon Nox and Pokémon Lumina nice. I'd also like Obsidian and Quartz. And, since three times a charm how about Mars (wink to Red) and Merkur (wink at Blue). I could come up with a lot more names if I wanted and take the time. But anyway, we won't run out of Game names anytime soon.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom