• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What sold you to your favourite type?

Fire is my favorite type, mostly because I feel like its a really effective type and is always handy to have around. Humorously enough, none of my favorite Pokemon are fire types. Although, my favorite legendary recently gained a fire typing with a certain brand new form of the prehistoric variety, you might say...primordial...

Fairy, because I got REALLY sick of people abusing me with their Dragon-types. Sorry guys, but in fairy tales, the dragon's always slain! (unfortunately, I later found out that iron hurts fairies, hence Steel-types doing more damage to Fairy)

My favourite type is Dragons. I remember first watching the anime and seeing how Dragonite was portrayed as this mysterious, rare and very powerful Pokemon in the Original series. Dragonite seemed almost invincible and many champions such as Lance use dragon types which made me like them even more. To this day I still can't help but regard them as my favourite type, they always just seem so mysterious and able to face any challenge.

My favorite types are 1) Bug and 2) Poison.

Something about Bugs and Poison Pokemon attract me, probably because of their supposedly-weaker status and yet they can still pack a punch. I've been happy that every Gen has at least introduced a good Bug pokemon.

Still, nothing beats the first Gen when I got my very first Weedle. I guess that's what started it in the first place! I used my Beedrill all the way to the end and now that it gets a megastone I'm totes happy.

I love the Fire-type because a lot of my favorite Pokemon are Fire-types. I also love the element itself. There is just something about fire I find fascinating.

Second favorite is Ground. It seems like the type that should exist in Pokemon while Rock-types should just exist as a move. One of my all-time favs is a Fire/Ground type! Numel is such a cutie!

I'm tied between Ghost and Water. Water Types because most starters I choose are usually Water, and Ghost because of the hidden potential.

I was told I would be a Psychic Pokemon in a game we were playing in the playground aaages ago. Ever since then, I've liked the type. :) I also like Dragon and Grass Pokemon as a rule, but I don't like the types in particular.

My favourite type is Grass, because most of them look beautiful and elegant but at the same time can be pretty deadly. I mean they use moves like Giga Drain, which sucks the life out of an opponent so they can restore their own HP. You just don’t expect that from a cute thing like Whimsicott, that’s why I love them.

This this this so much this. They're lovely and pretty... but just like real life plants, are a lot more vicious than their benign or beautiful appearance would ever imply. Also Petilil being the cutest thing ever. But just... the ecology of the grass types and the various plants and fungi they are based on can be so cool. Also I just feel that they're very fitting for me. Some bear a feminine beauty that other types simply can't capture, while others still convey the raw power of nature in a way that really appeals to me.~

In real life I grew up on the water, but for whatever reason I liked Fire type the best. My first starter was a Cyndraquil, and I like dragons. I really don't like the dragon type because I'm a bigger fan of the European/American dragon, e.g Charizard.
Second favorite type is a tie between Grass Water and Flying.m, mostly because having one of each starter type and a Flying really covers a lot.of weaknesses. I only need to worry about dragons, but Flying usually handles them. I never liked Fairy much because its still a small type with little pokemon, and the designs of some are just creepy or awkward.

My favorite type is Steel type, I love how tough Steel Pokemon are defensively while some can also keep up the offensive pressure quite well, I also just in general like most of their designs since most of them look powerful to me.

My favorite is the ice-type, I kinda liked how they are considered the worst type by most players, yet pokemon like mamoswine, weavile, and kuyrem-b are still very good.

They also go from cute (cubchoo), to slick and badass (weavile), silly (vanilluxe), majestic (Aurorus, mamoswine), and huge monsters (Kyurem-black).

their stats are also all over the place, with pokemon capable to outspeeding greninja, and pokemon getting outpaced by slowbro.

I liked dragons, and a lot of fantasy-type creatures when I was younger. Although that has diminished as I got older, I still have to pay respect to the joy and wonder I felt.

Fighting type because i like most of designs of fighting type pokemon and i always have preferred hand to hand combat over ranged attacks

My favorite type is bug, although that's probably because it's host to two of my favorite Pokemon, Vivillon and Combee. Funny thing is, though, I hate bugs outside of the Pokemon world.

I like Water types because of Samurott, and the fact that they are really versatile, with everything from tanks to speedy sweepers.

bug because the general design of atleast the stronger ones (volcarona, ninjask, galvantula, mega beedrill ect) have fantastic design

Dragon is my favorite type since quite a few of them are really badass or majestic, and that some of them look like dinosaurs (Tyrantrum, Haxorus, Garchomp, etc).

Well, there's a reason many dragons look like dinosaurs. Scientists have proven that dragons were actually dinosaurs. In other words, ancient cultures would find dinosaur fossils and named them dragons. In fact, Dragon Bones are a healing item in some cultures and tests done on them proves they are dinosaur bones.

Well, my favorite type was always Water. It's the most common type, it's so widely varied and it's extremely useful. I've always felt a connection to water, so... But then Generation 6 sold me on Fairy type so that's my new favorite.

My most favorite type is both Normal and Fighting, both equally first!!

Main reason is that many Pokemon I love are either normal or fighting.
Normal Pokemon can learn attacks from many other types (mostly thanks to TM's) to cover a weakness my team may have.
With Fighting types, two of my top 5 favorite moves are fighting types (Drain Punch and Hi Jump Kick)

Dragon is my favorite type since quite a few of them are really badass or majestic, and that some of them look like dinosaurs (Tyrantrum, Haxorus, Garchomp, etc).

Well, there's a reason many dragons look like dinosaurs. Scientists have proven that dragons were actually dinosaurs. In other words, ancient cultures would find dinosaur fossils and named them dragons. In fact, Dragon Bones are a healing item in some cultures and tests done on them proves they are dinosaur bones.
There's also the fact several dinosaurs have the Chinese word for "dragon" in their names, like Dilong and Yinlong.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom