• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What sold you to your favourite type?

Poison is probably my favorite type now, I used it a lot in conquest rps on Pokemon showdown, and thinking of ways to make a poison type trainer was a lot of fun! I made my character a doctor who studied poison type Pokemon in order to create medicine for Pokemon.

Grass was something similar where she was a botanist who tried to find applications for the bitter medicine and make them more palatable to Pokemon.

My third favorite, rounding out my top 3 is ground, for a simpler and much less interesting reason, the base forms of a lot of ground types are so gosh darn cute! Phanphy and Sandshrew are two of my favorite Pokemon!

Well, I have three favourite types— Grass, Flying, and Fairy. I love them all for their own reasons so I'll go into it. :']

Grass: All-around awesome type, has a lot of my favourites in it, and is often related to plants, flowers, berries and herbs in the Pokémon games. For that it's just gotta be my top favourite. ♥
Fairy: Full of cuties and houses my two favourite Pokémon, Diancie and Magearna. Would be wrong for me to not love it, honestly.
Flying: Birds are my favourite animal species out there, though canines and felines are also loves of mine, nothing can top birds. Lots of Flying-types are birds or are really cool (see: Tropius, the Dragon/Flying or Flying/Dragon types, Charizard who's one of my favourite Pokémon of all time, etc.) so for that reason it just has to be in my Top 3 Pokémon types. <'3

Well, my favorite type is Fire. Why? Because I like Fire. It provides heat and warmth, as well as allows us to cook. On the other hand, it has massive destructive potential.

My second favorite type is Steel, partially because a few of my favorite Pokémon are Steel types. Steel is also the best defensive type, contrasted with my favorite type, Fire, which focuses on speed and power (mostly). Also, I am an engineer. I work with steel and other metals quite a bit.

Its a type all about cuteness. And they're FREAKIN' FAIRIES and i wanna be a believer of them :D

I love the Water type because it is very common yet very good both offensively and defensively.

I think I really started getting into Ghost-types after Unova introduced a lot of fun ghosts. It's the generation that gave us the sarcophagus Pokémon, the ghost jellyfish Pokémon, and the GIANT ANCIENT ROBOT THAT CAN FLY Pokémon.

I'm gonna agree with Serverus here, I honestly wouldn't be the big Steel-type fan I am if not for Unova giving us so many awesome and unique Steel-types — Ferrothorn, Escavalier, and freakin' Bisharp to name a few. Gen 5 was great at branching out from the "traditional" Pokémon designs for certain types, I really appreciate it for that. (Plus I like Steel's 10 resistances and immunity to Poison, paired with the sky-high Defense that they tend to have.)

As for Ground, umm... Earthquake. Earthquake sold me. :wynaut:
But really, I have no idea; I just woke up one day and realized it was an awesome, versatile type that had tons of my favorite Pokémon in it — and I'd just been looking past it for being "boring" this entire time. More love for Ground-types!

Honestly, I don't think I know why I like electric types so much. Water (my second favorite type) is easy to explain. I've loved to swim ever since I was little, and underwater environments are some of my favorite. I love marine life, so it only makes sense that water types would be one of my favorites.

The only justification I have for electric types is Pikachu himself. I love the element of electricity, have since I was a little kid, and I'm pretty sure I've never even created a team that didn't have an electric type in it. And the only reasoning I can think of behind doing this is because of nostalgia. I was born in '96, right after Pokemon was first released, and shortly before the Pokemon craze exploded. Back when Pokemon-related items took up entire aisles in Toy-Stores. So the iconic character I saw the most as a child, was the face of Pokemon. I watched the anime, collected the cards (specifically hoping to get all the different Pikachu cards), and even had this matching game where you had to match different Pikachu tails. I saw this little electric rodent constantly, and I loved it.

I had one dream as a child, to travel the world on the back of the Charizard with a Pikachu on my shoulder. Over the years, I think some of that dream stuck around, and now every time I adventure through the Pokemon world, I feel like I have to have an electric type by my side, to fulfill that childhood dream. So yeah, I guess the reason I like electric types so much is because of Pikachu.

The Ghost type is pretty damn spooky. And the Pokedex entry. A lamp that and hangs around hospitals to steals souls to fuel it's fire? A balloon that kidnaps children, and is made of souls? A literal child spirit? Count me in!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom