• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What song(s) do you associate with your ship(s)?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
For me, I associate the following songs with Gracefulshipping:

“I Will Be There” (from The Count of Monte Cristo musical)
“Call Me” (Blondie)
“Surfin’ Bird” (The Trashmen)
“Ela Pare Me”
“Jazz Suite No. 2” (Dmitri Shostakovich)

I associate the following songs with Aquaheartshipping:

“You’re the Top” (Anything Goes)
“Mad About You” (Belinda Carlisle)
“Super Trouper” (ABBA)
“Be My Baby” (The Ronettes)
“Call Me” (Aretha Franklin)

The truth is, I'm not a musical man. My knowledge regarding the subject is very poor. And worse, I tend to label romantic songs as corny terms or other derogatory ones. So, I can't add much to the discussion.

Nevertheless, I can't help but express my favorite ship (OldrivalShipping), Lol. So, to not say I didn't try: here's an excerpt from a brazilian poem that sums up well the impossibility of denying love:

O tirano Amor risonho
Me aparece e me convida
Para que seu jugo aceite;
E quer que eu passe em deleite
O resto da triste vida

Amor, vendo que da oferta
Algum apreço não faço,
Me diz, afoito, que trate
De ir com ele a combate,
Peito a peito, braço a braço

Vou buscar as minhas armas,
Cinjo primeiro que tudo
O brilhante arnês; e à pressa
Ponho um elmo na cabeça
Tomo a lança e o grosso escudo.

Mal no campo me apresento,
Marília (oh, céus!) me aparece:
Logo que os olhos me fita,
O meu coração palpita,
A minha mão desfalece.

Então me diz o tirano:
“Confessa, louco, o teu erro:
Contra as armas da beleza
Não vale a externa defesa
Dessa armadura de ferro".

Last edited:
  • Staff
The truth is, I'm not a musical man. My knowledge regarding the subject is very poor. And worse, I tend to label romantic songs as corny terms or other derogatory ones. So, I can't add much to the discussion.

Nevertheless, I can't help but express my favorite ship (OldrivalShipping), Lol. So, to not say I didn't try: Here's an excerpt from a Brazilian poem that sums up well the impossibility of denying love:

O tirano Amor risonho
Me aparece e me convida
Para que seu jugo aceite;
E quer que eu passe em deleite
O resto da triste vida

Amor, vendo que da oferta
Algum apreço não faço,
Me diz, afoito, que trate
De ir com ele a combate,
Peito a peito, braço a braço

Vou buscar as minhas armas,
Cinjo primeiro que tudo
O brilhante arnês; e à pressa
Ponho um elmo na cabeça
Tomo a lança e o grosso escudo.

Mal no campo me apresento,
Marília (oh, céus!) me aparece:
Logo que os olhos me fita,
O meu coração palpita,
A minha mão desfalece.

Então me diz o tirano:
“Confessa, louco, o teu erro:
Contra as armas da beleza
Não vale a externa defesa
Dessa armadura de ferro.
I'm not too well versed on Portuguese, but I was able to decipher some of the poem with my knowledge of Spanish and looked up the rest. It's a very pretty poem.

Am I allowed to say "all of them"?? I actually made a bunch of themed playlists a while back for basically this exact thing.
This isn't even close to everything, but here's a handful of my favorite picks from those:
Palletshipping:
"Loser of the Year" by Simple Plan
"The Best Of Me" by The Starting Line
"He Drives Me Crazy" from Totally Pokémon (look, I know what this song is supposed to be about, but it just works way better here okay!?)

Pokeshipping:
"Misty's Song" from 2.B.A. Master (obvious pick is obvious)
"Halfway Around The World" by A*Teens
"She's A Lady" by Forever The Sickest Kids

Appealshipping:
"Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson
"Me Without You" by Ashley Tisdale
"I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)" by Whitney Houston

Contestshipping:
"Teardrops On My Guitar" by Taylor Swift (i'm not a huge tswift fan or anything, but when I was a kid I loved this song, and the lyrics are about a "Drew" so I was totally convinced back then that it was from May's POV lol)
I usually associate a song with a ship because of its lyrics, but I feel like sometimes it can also really depend on the genre and/or "vibe" of the song, if that makes any sense...

• Staff
Okay forgive my double post, but I’ve begun associating Erasure songs with Sabotageshipping (Wallace/Steven/Winona). I think it started when I was listening to them and imagined college-aged Steven listening to them as he walks to meet up with Wallace and Winona? Idk.

Also Berlin with Wallace/Winona and also Wallace/Lucy.

Also “Let Me Call You Sweetheart” for Clair/Jasmine.

Amourshipping:
I Choose You (from M20)
Smiling Face (M016 ending theme)
V Volt
Remember Times (Korean XYZ opening)
Together Forever
I Knew I Love You Before I Met You
Crush (by David Archuleta)
Lucky (by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillet)
Bring Me Back to Life (by an indie pop band)
Glory of Love
When I See You Smile
I Swear

For Rocketshipping:

Make You Mine by PUBLIC
Rose Colored Boy by Paramore
Paper Rings by Taylor Swift
Ice Cream Syndrome by Sukima Switch from Movie 13
Still into You by Paramore
Home to You by The Mowgli’s
I Choose You by Haven Paschall from Movie 20
Yoko Ono by Mob Rich
I Do Adore by Mindy Gledhill
I Dare You by the Regrettes

love my girlboss and malewife :)

Gonna add a few more that I didn't include in my initial post here, with some relevant lyric snippets this time.
Palletshipping (cont'd.):
  • "Leave" by Akagami
    "If only we had met ten years later, surely then we would have been bound for each other. At the end of this road we're walking down, two red strings never cross."
  • "Ice Cream Syndrome" by Sukima Switch
    "How long will this performance go on, with you cast in the role of best friend? I might say it’s okay to feel so distant from you, but in reality it’s a pain beyond words. Maybe you think it's easy for me to joke about us being together, but in my heart, I take care to never let out... I really do want to be with you."
(mega props to the post above me that also included Ice Cream Syndrome, I love that song and it makes me happy to see it applied to other ships too ;_;7)

TimelessPromiseShipping:
  • "Jikan Ryokou (Time Travel)" by Ann Sally
    "The bell that carves time is ringing. The old days and the future come and go in this town — as time passes, they spill and disappear. I remember the warmth I felt when holding your hand."
  • "My Favorite Patient" by Cauterize
    "I'll sleep when you are alright; I'll sleep when you're fine; when you regain all vital signs."
I'll edit this whenever I think of more, lol

Whenever I think of GalarShipping (Victor x Gloria) [though I personally prefer GloryWinnerShipping] and most recently Florian x Juliana [I call this couple GreatestTreasureShipping], I do find myself thinking about some songs that aren't that all mainstream (and actually, some of them are in foreign languages, particularly Russian and Filipino).
Миша Марвин - Красиво
Миша Марвин - Человек
Миша Марвин - Не надо быть сильной
Артем Качер - Люби меня
Radu Sirbu - Way 2 Love
TSOY - Демон и Ангел
TSOY - Она попала
Katharine McPhee - Terrified
Luigi D'Avola - Into Your Arms
Jim Brickman - Your Love
Mark Carpio - Kay Tagal
Nickelback - Far Away

Last edited:
Not really a song to associate with any of my ships specifically (though there's a strong contender in that crossover ship of mine), but I like to think of Dido's "Thank You" song for any ship involving a good person & not-so-good person, especially if the context of the ship revolves around the latter seeing that one spark of hope of being good thanks to the former's influence to turn a new leaf.

Also, flowers by Miley Cyrus is a malva and diantha song, even though my view of them is a more platonic relationshi. Especially the lines “paint my nails cherry red match the roses that you left no remorse no regret I forget every word you said” (sorry if I got the lyrics wrong this is all from memory) but yea in my head team flare has a sort of connection to roses so malva being there kinda works ig

"Head's On Fire" (Louie Zhong) is a very Siebold/Malva song in my head (albeit an interpretation of it that's very messy and stuff and bitter exes lol)

A Hard Day's Night (the whole album) is a very Steven-core album, but "I'm Happy Just To Dance With You" is especially a Steven/Winona son. (And Steven/Wallace/Winona as a whole, but my brain especially associates it with Steven/Winona. Probably because the dynamics are different between the two maybe.) I headcanon Steven as asexual/demisexual, and the song just sort of has those vibes in the lyrics, you know?

These are a few off the top of my head, which means mostly songs from Pokemon.:giggle:

AmourShipping: Ash//Serena
I Choose You (M20) by Haven Paschall
Keep Evolving (M22) by Haven Paschall

GoldlightShipping: Ethan/Dawn
One (M11) by Crystal Kay
To Know the Unknown (M3) by Innosense

QuestShipping: Jimmy/Marina
Don't Say You Love Me by M2M
Lovers (Cover) by AmaLee

PunkbladeShipping: Victor/Marnie
Bad Romance (Cover) by Halestorm

AdvanceShipping: Ash/May
I'll Always Remember You by Cori Yarckin
Make a Wish

ConstestKingShipping: Brendan/Lisia
I2I by the DCappella

ChessShipping/AgencyShipping: Hilbert and Hilda/Black and White
Black and White (song) by Erin Bowen and Joe Phillips
It's All Ways You and Me by Neal Coomer and Kathryn Rio

Last edited:
For keeps by Preston Pablo is a questshipping (Kris x Ethan but mostly on Ethan’s part and my pokeverse) song

On the topic of Pokémon songs here, it’s always you and me is also a Hilda and Hilbert song in my head (BUT NOT A SHIP THEYRE TWINS IN MY VERSE) and generally the Unova anime songs are pretty good for my Unova in general

take a guess...
minipeek2.png

but besides the obvious (thanks orangestar. doesn't help that alice in freezer plays all the time when i shuffle my playlist too) i feel like i think about them more often than nyot when i listen to akazukin no ookami by kikuo (which is actually my favourite kikuo song!) and maple by mimi. though i feel like maple is more a case of me associating mimi as a producer with wulfric in general (but i do still tend to think about aliceinfreezer more often with maple than, say, hug or marshmary). idk.

judas by lady gaga w/ appraisalshipping.... (adaman/volo)
heat waves by glass animals w both my volo ships (volo perspective)
michelle by sir chloe for poisonhealshipping (volo/melli)
poker face by lady gaga w/ darkprinceshipping (sidney/grimsley)
there is a place for you here. by left at london for dichotomyshipping (proton/sidney/grimsley)
world war me by king and queen of the losers for perishsongshipping (proton/karen)

Back
Top Bottom