• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What spin off game would you like to see next?

Reaction score
Hey folks :3

The Pokemon franchise has the wonderful main games we all know about. However, there's the comparatively less known spin off series, like Ranger, Mystery Dungeon and the like.

Some of these have been dormant for a while, others have received a single entry only. Go check Bulbapedia about them because I'm too lazy to link to it =P

I'd personally like to play a new Ranger game :'v The Switch seems like a perfect device for it, having both touch screen and motion controls. It makes me curious how the Capture Styler would feel that way :"D

The topic of the thread is as the title indicates, out of these series, which new spin off entry would you like to see?

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs is on my top 5 favorite Pokémon games, so if they were to launch another Pokémon Rangers like that one, but even better, with awesome 3D graphics instead of sprites...
I definetelly wouldn't complain. In fact, I'd squeal of happiness.

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs is on my top 5 favorite Pokémon games, so if they were to launch another Pokémon Rangers like that one, but even better, with awesome 3D graphics instead of sprites...
I definetelly wouldn't complain. In fact, I'd squeal of happiness.
You and me both :p
More crossovers with other games. Preferably something by Square Enix (Kingdom Hearts in particular)
Digim- *shot*

I'd be happy just to see another Mystery Dungeon entry. Honestly, I've been more invested in that spinoff series more than the main games themselves lately. Super Mystery Dungeon held me up after I gave Sun and Moon a pass.

I'd absolutely love another Pokemon Ranger game. The first two were really great and I would have enjoyed the third one more if the missions in the past weren't so difficult without other players to help you. Another Mystery Dungeon game would be fun too and probably more likely to happen out of the two.

I'm not sure if this is going to happen, but I'd love to see a spiritual successor to the Pokepark series, something that's more action adventure with real time battling. Definitely could stand to be expanded on. The reason I say spiritual successor though is because Pokepark was marketed as more of a party game and that turned people off, billing this game as a full fledged action adventure game with deep gameplay and a dramatic storyline would get more people interested in this kind of game.

My favorite Side Series are PMD and Ranger and we've had quite a few PMD games in recent years but nothing from Ranger in the longest. I'd love if we got another one of those. I personally prefer them as sprites but if it takes them making it in 3D for me to get another one, do what you need to do, GF, just give it to me.

My favorite Side Series are PMD and Ranger and we've had quite a few PMD games in recent years but nothing from Ranger in the longest. I'd love if we got another one of those. I personally prefer them as sprites but if it takes them making it in 3D for me to get another one, do what you need to do, GF, just give it to me.
GF doesn't make ranger games they. Hal labatory does. They make Kirby games

A new title please, it has been ages since we got one (Thanks, Pokken, thanks, cheap apps).
Something between PMD's design and deepness and Shuffle's casual style, but without in-game purchases please. I like the idea of an adventurous game.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. I'd enjoyed playing PSMD, but when I beat the game, I've got bored at the post-game. I'm thinking the next PMD be something like PMD Explorers of TIme/Darkness/Sky with a better post-story and special episodes. I'll bet they'll call it Pokemon "Ultra" Mystery Dungeon. I'm wondering how they'll handle the Mega Evolution, Z-moves, Ultra Beasts, and a possible Ultra Space like dungeon? I hope the next mystery game be something like PSMD, but better and some of the mechanic from PSMD return too.

Pokémon Conquest 2

I'd like to see them do something interesting with Mega Evolutions and Z-moves in that. And also actually have more pokémon in.
More pokémon would make warlords actually feel unique instead of... just kinda arbitrary? Give everyone a perfect link at least!
And I liked the settting a lot anyways. I want to see more of that.

Another Pokémon Colosseum comes to mind... but seems overlapping with that being the direction they're taking the main series anyways. Which I'm happy about. I'd just want them to go even further with the direction they're going.

A full-fledged action-adventure game sounds nice, although chances it'd just disapppoint me at the lack of playable characters (and making near a thousand so different characters playable in an action-adventure is... while the dream, unfeasible)... but it'd still be nice to see.

I take PMD for granted because chunsoft just loves making all the Mystery Dungeon games it can

also obviously a Pokemon Puzzle Challenge as they release Panel De Pon Switch in Japan, right???

Spiritual successors to the Colosseum and Stadium series. I wonder what Genius Sonority can do without shadow Pokemon or Cipher. A game that does the opposite of what Colosseum and Pokemon Special did and minimizes the evil team in favor of Pokemon battling for sport. A game where you play through the back story of a preestablished trainer like Lance. A gym Maker would be cool.

As for games that don't use the same battle system as the Main Series. I'd like to see more Pokemon conquest, ranger and tcg.

A sequel of Colosseum/XD. Shadow Pokémon and snagging is such a cool concept, which I wish was expanded beyond those two games. Classic titles like Pokémon Ranger and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon should be good as well.

However, if there is something I would like to see it's a remake/sequel of the Trading Card Games videogames. I have been playing the former on my 3DS and the latter on my old Gameboy, and I've got to admit that they were really fun. All matches involved some actual strategy and elaborating plans on the spot, which current games rarely do due to some of them tailored to be more easily accessible to casual players. So, I would be all for a Switch version of that game, which could actually get some upgrades and additional cards/opponents through events and DLC, which could help make the game always feel fresh.

I'd like to see a new spin-off series or game where you can join any evil team or the Aether Foundation. It can either be a series of games with the first one starting with Team Rocket or you can choose which team at the start of the game.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. I'd enjoyed playing PSMD, but when I beat the game, I've got bored at the post-game. I'm thinking the next PMD be something like PMD Explorers of TIme/Darkness/Sky with a better post-story and special episodes. I'll bet they'll call it Pokemon "Ultra" Mystery Dungeon. I'm wondering how they'll handle the Mega Evolution, Z-moves, Ultra Beasts, and a possible Ultra Space like dungeon? I hope the next mystery game be something like PSMD, but better and some of the mechanic from PSMD return too.

inb4 every boss in the game has access to Z-moves, but you can only perform them in the postgame with a 50% chance to miss.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom