• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What spin off game would you like to see next?

Oh, man, I was thinking about how much I'd love a new Ranger game, since I adored the past ones, but as soon as y'all brought up an XD\Colosseum sequel I realized how badly I needed that. I love having limitations on the pokemon you have access to like with shadows; it'd be really fun to see that again.
On the other hand tho idk how I'd feel about another battle mountain nwn;;

I'm iffy about getting another one of those. Double Battles leave me floundering like a fish out of water even without the added case of catching Shadow Pokémon.

I would suggest a new Colosseum and XD type game for Switch, however, considering the main series games are already moving to Switch, that may be completely unnecessary now.

I would like to see a new Pokemon Stadium/Stadium 2/Battle Revolution type game for Switch though, that is even bigger and better.

I would suggest a new Colosseum and XD type game for Switch, however, considering the main series games are already moving to Switch, that may be completely unnecessary now.

I would like to see a new Pokemon Stadium/Stadium 2/Battle Revolution type game for Switch though, that is even bigger and better.

Honestly, a new Stadium/Battle Revolution seems even more unnecessary now than a Colosseum/XD game. All it is is a set of tournaments and maybe some minigames, the main games offer that plus so much more. Doesn't really feel like it's worth $60 anymore, that's something more suitable for DLC nowadays. At least with Colosseum and XD, you have the Shadow Pokemon mechanic which is something unique to those games.

Honestly, a new Stadium/Battle Revolution seems even more unnecessary now than a Colosseum/XD game. All it is is a set of tournaments and maybe some minigames, the main games offer that plus so much more. Doesn't really feel like it's worth $60 anymore, that's something more suitable for DLC nowadays. At least with Colosseum and XD, you have the Shadow Pokemon mechanic which is something unique to those games.

I was mainly referring to those as an adventure type console game, rather than specifically a game about Shadow Pokemon. However, an actual XD sequel featuring shadow Pokemon once more would still be relevant, yes. However, since the core series titles are in fact moving to Switch, I feel less of a need for a spin off RPG Pokemon title on the same console, where as a Stadium/Battle revolution type spin off could still be entertaining, depending on how they go about it. Of course, I'd rather Switch just get VC and add the actual Stadium games and Colosseum/XD games to that.

I'm iffy about getting another one of those. Double Battles leave me floundering like a fish out of water even without the added case of catching Shadow Pokémon.

I actually don't mind that. All post-GSC mainstream games are 95% Single Battles and the rest Double Battles/online battles, so having something focused mostly on Double Battles is a fresh breath of air for me.

However, I wouldn't mind if it featured some more Single Battles or if it had a feature which allows you to play Single/Double, though.

I was mainly referring to those as an adventure type console game, rather than specifically a game about Shadow Pokemon. However, an actual XD sequel featuring shadow Pokemon once more would still be relevant, yes. However, since the core series titles are in fact moving to Switch, I feel less of a need for a spin off RPG Pokemon title on the same console, where as a Stadium/Battle revolution type spin off could still be entertaining, depending on how they go about it. Of course, I'd rather Switch just get VC and add the actual Stadium games and Colosseum/XD games to that.

Well both games are RPG titles and both could be entertaining, it comes down to which is more likely to appear in the main games. What the Stadium and Battle Revolution games did can easily be covered with a battle facility and some type of mini game feature like Pokeathlon or Amie/Refresh, so there's no need for a separate game to provide those types of things. Shadow Pokemon, on the other hand, is a mechanic that we've never really seen in the main games and probably never will because Game Freak probably considers it too dark. So that's a much more suitable mechanic for a spinoff since it provides an experience the main games do not.

I would love to se another Mystery Dungeon games, with more options this time. Gates to Infinity only had the Unova starters and Pikachu/Axew, which was really boring. Super Mystery Dungeon had better options, but it was still very limited when you look past the starters.

I would also like better villains/bosses. I get the whole "pokémon can't be evil", but I love the whole Explorers of Sky/Time/Darkness plot.

I'd prefer if they kept making them for the 3DS, but I wouldn't complain about a Switch version :p

I tend to disagree with that notion. You know what Pokétopia in Battle Revolution was kind of similar to? The Battle Frontier. You know what I've heard of before If Game Freak doesn't want to give us expansive post-game content because they think no one will enjoy it, then why not create a game similar to Stadium/Battle Revolution that let you use your teams from the main games to fill that need instead.

Heck, why stop at outsourcing the Battle Frontier? Maybe TPC could have other companies that could make spin-off games for things likes Contests, Pokéathon, or PokéStar Studios that would otherwise also be "region exclusive features" and allow them to have compatibility with the main games as well. Granted, this shouldn't be an excuse for Game Freak not to give us more out of our games. However, with the style over substance approach they've been taking, I doubt Game Freak is willing to give us more engaging, longer-lasting side features in the near future

Maybe we should turn to the Pokémon Company to help get more out of our games since Game Freak doesn't want to.

I tend to disagree with that notion. You know what Pokétopia in Battle Revolution was kind of similar to? The Battle Frontier. You know what I've heard of before If Game Freak doesn't want to give us expansive post-game content because they think no one will enjoy it, then why not create a game similar to Stadium/Battle Revolution that let you use your teams from the main games to fill that need instead.

Heck, why stop at outsourcing the Battle Frontier? Maybe TPC could have other companies that could make spin-off games for things likes Contests, Pokéathon, or PokéStar Studios that would otherwise also be "region exclusive features" and allow them to have compatibility with the main games as well. Granted, this shouldn't be an excuse for Game Freak not to give us more out of our games. However, with the style over substance approach they've been taking, I doubt Game Freak is willing to give us more engaging, longer-lasting side features in the near future

Maybe we should turn to the Pokémon Company to help get more out of our games since Game Freak doesn't want to.

Don't be so sure. Game Freak's policy towards low post game content is primarily based on the idea that mobile sells, something which the Switch is starting to disprove. With the Switch being a console, there's going to be higher expectations in terms of content now.

Either way though, that's still closer to main series content than Shadow Pokemon. There's never been any main series mechanic even remotely resembling Shadow Pokemon.

Don't be so sure. Game Freak's policy towards low post game content is primarily based on the idea that mobile sells, something which the Switch is starting to disprove. With the Switch being a console, there's going to be higher expectations in terms of content now.

Either way though, that's still closer to main series content than Shadow Pokemon. There's never been any main series mechanic even remotely resembling Shadow Pokemon.
We can only hope.

Regardless, I still would like a Pokémon Contest simulator spinoff, preferably with online play. That had the perfect chance to make online contests a thing in ORAS, but GF limited it to local play instead.

Not likely to ever happen, but my crazy idea is an Elder Scrolls-style Pokémon title. Not a crossover, but just more of a sandbox-style Pokémon game, where players battle other Trainers and battle & catch (visible onscreen) wild Pokémon in the first-person (or third-person) perspective of a wide open world. That would potentially make me feel, more than ever, like I'm actually in the role of a Pokémon Trainer.

More realistically, I would just like a Pokémon Conquest 2, or at least a spiritual sequel to PC; maybe a Pokémon x FE crossover, considering that that almost did actually happen: We Almost Got A Pokémon And Fire Emblem Crossover Game
Mainly, I just want to see another turn-based strategy Pokémon title with a longer main campaign and more challenging missions.

I want a new Colosseum/XD Pokemon game more than anything. I want the darker tone, following partner, double battles, limited selection of mon, snagging Pokemon, shifty people, colosseum battles, and lack of gyms to return. Also maybe add Shadow Mewtwo to the mix. Those things together among other sometimes smaller differences really set those games apart and I think it would still be worth making more of them. Some of my favorite Pokemn games.

Also yet another new Mystery Dungeon wouldn't hurt. Another of my fav spinoffs and ones I like better than mainline Pokemon. Though at this point it seems like that side series isn't going anywhere thankfully.

Another Conquest like SRPG would be great too. Conquest is on par funwise with the main series games and I love it. Would kill for a sequel.

Getting a Pokemon Snap two would be great too. It's been a long time since I played back in daycare but it was pretty fun back then and whenever I see it now that I'm older it still looks great and fun.

I hope after DX is released that Pokken gets a sequel later. I don't even play it but I love to watch. It just looks so amazing I wanna see some more favs get the the chance to be in the spotlight for Pokken and and be great looking. You also have the most dynamic battles that the Pokemon games have ever had in Pokken, so at some point I want a sequel.

Finally I wan't ad new 3D Pokedex. The models in that looked gorgeous and I want to see more Pokemon get them for the same reason as my second to last pick.

I want a new Conquest. With all the new mechanics since gen 5, it should be really interesting. Have more Pokemon too, weird that the gen 5 spin offs don't have full Pokedexs.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for sure for me. Personally, I didn't enjoy Super Mystery Dungeon as much and I thought Gates to Infinity was a disaster. However, I still love the series enough that I am pretty much demanding another version of the game. I just hope it would at least be on par as the Rescue Team series. But still, any PMD game would be great. Bonus points if it's for Switch. Actually, keep it as a DS game!

Pokemon Trozei. I personally do enjoy the fast pace nature puzzle game.

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, would love to travel back to Orre and the graphics were quite amazing considering it was Gamecube. And I'm not even a graphics person.

Pokemon Stadium would also be great if not for the fact, I just want to play the mini-games. Personally, I thought the mini-games were much better than the actual main game itself.

Does anyone want Pokemon Warriors? Especially after both Hyrule and Fire Emblem Warriors?
No. Okay.

Though to be fair it'll be pretty similar to Pokken Tournament

Does anyone want Pokemon Warriors? Especially after both Hyrule and Fire Emblem Warriors?
No. Okay.

Though to be fair it'll be pretty similar to Pokken Tournament

I would love that actually and can definitely see potential. With all the different types you'd have a lot of variety when it comes to attacks. They could maybe even incorporate the type weaknesses, just like they did with the weapons traingle in FE Warriors, though that might be a bit too complicated.

I first thought the story might be a problem (since it would require the Pokémon to have a personality and voice), but they could make it so that the Pokémon you fight with belong to various trainers and they're involved in the story. Or do a Mystery Dungeon thing and actually do give the Pokémon a personality and voice, but I'd honestly prefer the trainer idea.

A bigger problem I see with it is that it will just feature the most popular Pokémon, so we'll again have to live with Charizard, Lucario, Greninja, and the like :/

Would still love to see it though, there's a lot of possibilities with it.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom