• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Spin-Off Games would you like to see on Virtual Console?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
With Pokemon Snap ported to Switch through the Virtual console, I'm sure there's at least one thing someone wants. I, for one, want Pokemon Colosseum and XD ported to the switch on the virtual console. That's the only way I'm paying for Nintendo Switch online, tbh.

Also, both Pokepark games would be great, but maybe those wouldn't be so great on the Switch, honestly. Honestly, I'd like to see all the "Stadium series" games on the Switch, but for a lot of them, they'd have to remove some features. And, I don't know if Battle Revolution could work as a virtual console exclusive. I don't know how the rental service works and if you need to say what Pokemon games you own, or not since I've never played.

Battle Revolution connected to DPPt and HGSS, and I think a port/remaster of it could work just fine on Switch if they decided to have connectivity to your BDSP and/or HOME save file instead.
...But honestly, I feel like there'd be a lot less "point" to something like that now that the core series games are in 3D anyway. Quite a bit of the appeal of Battle Revolution was just from the novelty of seeing your Gen IV team as fully animated models on the TV; just like Stadium was to Gens I and II. (Speaking of which, Stadium 1 and 2 are coming to the N64 VC app, but there's going to be no connectivity to any games whatsoever... only rentals.)

Anyway, normally I'd say Puzzle League, but that actually got added not too long ago. It might be an unpopular opinion, but I do wish Hey You, Pikachu! was a possibility as well... but, y'know, the Switch doesn't have a microphone. :(
If we ever get around to GameCube VC on NSO though, then I hope Colo/XD and Channel aren't out of the question. I'd even accept Colosseum + XD together in a sort of "remastered", Mario 3D All-Stars kind of release.

Battle Revolution's animations are still better than SwSh's somehow.

I'd like a Pokemon Conquest port. It's a really good, though underrated, game.

Pokemon Stadium, 2 to be more specific. It was compatible with the GBA games, which I think could be useful in uniting the gen 8 games if it were remade. (Pokemon Home can suck it.) Some of those minigames were more fun than parts of the core series games themselves rofl.

Minor nitpick, the Switch does NOT have Virtual Console, it has NSO. One is an online store that allows you to purchase the games themselves and download them, the other is a subscription service to access games online. They're not quite the same.

Anyway, we're mainly waiting on new systems to be added to access some of the better spinoffs, right now the N64 is the only console on NSO that has Pokemon games (if we get GB, GBC, GBA, GC, etc. this will be a lot more interesting), but ignoring that I'd like to see Colosseum, XD, the Mystery Dungeon games, the Ranger games, and the Pokepark games.

Pokémon Conquest is a game that never got a chance to fully shine due to it being an unorthodox concept advertised and released during the late DS era; the same era where it was forced to compete with Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 for attention.

The games turned out surprisingly great in the eyes of many and there have been small fanbases dedicated to it. I'd rather say it should get its own remake to have later generation Pokémon and Fairy-type added. A remake would also work for having Samurai Warriors 4 and 5 designs added over since the character designs in Pokémon Conquest were based on Samurai Warriors 3. However, maybe a remake is too much to ask for right now.

Either way, even if it's just a port for now, Pokémon Conquest needs more spotlight and attention more than any other Pokémon spinoff in my opinion. Its biggest flaw was how it never got this spotlight due to its odd timeframe but being really deserving of praise. Most Pokémon fans don't know this game exists, then when they look at my username, they assume I tried to match Ralsei from Deltarune :/

These games really left a mark on how magical Pokémon games could get even when their theme is out of this world.

Last edited:
Conquest has another problem, shared with B2W2 - it's online features were shortlived due to Gamespy's demise, which brought down the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

If we get DS games on NSO, I'd like to see them add Pokemon Ranger. I have no clue how the DS/touch screen features would work, but why not?

The switch is touchscreen is it not?

Yes, but it's only one screen. Emulating the touch screen from DS and 3DS games would be tricky because you only have 1 screen to work with. You'd need to divide the screen space to display both screens at once.

Frankly, I don't think adding DS, 3DS, or Wii U games to NSO is worthwhile at this point (the ports they have are fine because they can come up with alternatives on a case by case basis, but there's no one size fits all solution for every game because different games use the second screen differently). If I were Nintendo I'd wait until a future gen Switch model could somehow work as a dual screen clamshell before looking to add those systems.

If we get DS games on NSO, I'd like to see them add Pokemon Ranger. I have no clue how the DS/touch screen features would work, but why not?
I've heard people throw around the idea of motion controls being implemented. But, I'm sure it would work the same way as the Nintendo DS. The Switch has touch screen features.

To be honest, I don't know how this would work either, though.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom