• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What starter are you going to choose?

Totodile or Cyndaquil. Then I'll trade an egg of the other over from my Diamond. I can't stand Chikorita though, that thing can go cease to exist.

I went with Totodile when I played Gold the first time through, but this time I'm going with Chikorita. My mind is made up. This will be a first for me, as I always use the water starter in my games.

I'm choosing Cyndaquil. Gold was the first game I ever had as a kid and I picked Cyndaquil then so I'm doing so now :)

I'm chosing Cyndaquil, then I shall promptly breed it with a Nuzleaf so that I can have a Typhlosion that knows Extrasensory, as psychic trainers are the best trainers.

I'm treating the shiny Ralts I'll transfer over as my starter, however.

i'm not sure it matters for me cause i don't like putting grass pokemon in my team, except shiftry in ruby cause he was cool, and i plan on leveling a vaporeon and an arcanine just for funsies cause i loved both of them but just havent done vaporeon in awhile and got stuck with vulpix cause i had leafgreen instead of fire red, but if i had to choose i'm gonna say feraligator but who knows cause my sister is gonna have the other version so we can do a quick get all starters thing b4 we start playing :p

EDIT i mean totidile

Usually I go with Cyndaquil, buuuut I'm not sure, I might go with Chikorita this time. But if I go with Chikorita, I'll probably wind up resetting until I land a female one. So sad.

Cyndaquil, because that was the starter I picked back in the original GSC games. Cyndaquil means a lot to me because it's the first Pokemon I ever trained to 100 and I'd feel different if I didn't have one this time around. I'm hoping to recreate my past experience with the remake. :3

probably Totodile.. then i might transfer someone else over from my platinum. like Spheal! <3

None because no matter which one i choose i will still put it into my box anyway. i have no use for any of them in my team. because i already have my predetermined team ready in my diamond which i'm going to transfer as soon as i start my soul silver,

Chikorita, but it won't be used too often as my team goal will be Squirtle, Pikachu, Eevee, Latias, Mantyke, and Lugia. It'll probably just take Lugia's place until I catch the darn thing. :mallet: (Stupid Lugia!)

By then, pretty Chikorita better be a Meganium and I'll send it over to DPPt to make sure it's completely ready to be sent to Generation V games (hopefully we can!).

Well if I choose Chikorita or Totodile I'm making Ho-Oh my fire type since I am getting Heartgold (9 more days!)

If I choose Cyndaquil I won't bother catching a grass type...I'll just get one poke I haven't used yet....like Porygon or a ghost type

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom