• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What story arcs of the anime do you want resolved?

Cybersai

Reaction score
After 500 episodes its obvious that there are/were a lot of story arcs within the characters of the show. One of the obvious ones that everyone wants resolved is the GS ball, so we can take that as a given for everyone.

That being said, are there any story arcs or plot related material that you hope is resolved by the end of the anime? I would assume stuff like Ho-oh and even Giovanni/Team Rocket will have a climax of some form during the end of the anime, so what other plotlines would you like to see resolved?

My number one wish is to see what becomes of Team Rocket, both the organization as a whole and Musashi/Kojiro/Nyarth.

I also want to see if Mewtwo found somewhere to live where he is accepted and does not have to hide.

Yay!

Thank you for making this thread, Scott! ^_^

Anyway, at the very top of my list are these 3 storylines:

- finding out exactly what Ash needs to do in order to become a Pokemon Master, and finding out what that particular title/rank is about in general

- Ash's connection to Ho-oh

- Ash's connection to all legendaries in general (I know he must be connected to them in some way, otherwise he wouldn't be able to see so many of them, under normal circumstances...)

- the GS Ball, of course

Last edited:
I'd like to see Brock's Professor Ivy thing resolved and Ash to visit the Pokemon he left behind at some point (he sees Squirtle and Charizard occasionally, he saw his Lapras again, so why not give Haunter, Primeape and Pidgeot a visit every now and then?). Aside from the GS Ball.

Umm, not much really.
I would say 'where the hell Mikuri/Daigo got to' but that's not a real arc...

I guess the GS ball and the Uchikido/Takeshi thing, like alot of other people wants =p

pretty much what the others have said; GS Ball, Ash's connection to Ho-oh, Team Rocket getting a major plot related role in the anime, some explanation as to how one becomes a pokemon master (and then actually have Ash work towards that goal, rather than more repetitive badge quests)

What about "Oaknapped"? The whole "Dr. Namba wanting Prof. Oak's research on Pokerus" never spawned beyond that episode.

GS ball, Pokerus (I second Arseus), Ash's father (but only if Diamondshippers are right, so maybe NOT), Jessie's past (actually explored in the anime, I mean), and Ho-oh.

Lisa's theory regarding Ho-oh is interesting. However, as a Diamondshipper, I have a hard time following it.

Oooh, Lisa, what's your theory?

I don't know who made it up but there is one I read somewhere on SPPf... Iirc, it had Pikachu dying in the first episode and Ho-Oh bringing it back to life after seeing Ash trying to save it, so now Pikachu is like a little special Pokémon, making it and Ash destined to find people who are in need of help. It sounds look a good revelation. :p

Arseus is right with the Pokérus. That would be great to see it appear again and be the focus of attention.

Pidgeot plz. If only once.

The whole Professor Ivy thing is much funnier if we don't know what happened. :p

I want Ash to see Raikou, if that counts. Preferably in a movie.

Oh! How about we reveal that Ash has some kind of connection to Aaron? That would be fun. Then his Riolu/Lucario (come on) could turn out to be the reincarnation of Movie 8 Lucario- *shot*

Gary vs Ash.

We still haven't had a Pikachu vs Umbreon battle - come on, there's no way they can stall around that forever.

In fact, Pikachu BEATING Gary would be a fantastic arc to be resolved.

Of course, I just want more Gary in the anime so Pikachu can continue getting its ass kicked for all I truly care. :p

GS Ball theory: I think Celebi could be inside of it, or it's just used to make it appear some how, because everyone knows the GS ball was used for that in the G/S games(Hacking ftw), so I think a special on it would be interesting.

Max's aim in life. (Gym Leader, Tournament winner, Ranger, etc) The writers particularly built on him seeing different options in BF but it didn't really go anywhere.

The GS plot whould be a good way to show May in the show aigan since she is in Johto. One plot I whould to see resolved is who is really Ash's father, is he even alive?

I add my vote to resolve the GS Ball plot. I stopped watching the Pokémon anime for a period of time just after the GS Ball was left with Kurt, and when I started watching the anime again, I wondered what had became of that ball; I was surprised that no one yet knows what it exactly is.

Add one more for the Ho-Oh-and-Ash-Connection mystery (I would like to know the entire story behind it - there must be a backstory (both in canon and in the "real world", if you get what I mean) revolving around it that we don't know), but what interests me most besides the GS Ball was whatever happened between Professor Ivy and Brock. I suspect it's a case of love gone really, horribly wrong, but I really want to know the real story behind it rather than speculate.

Something that came to my mind what I was typing this - I have a strong feeling that Ho-Oh may have a connection with Ash's father. Recall that a while back, someone revealed (and this is canon) that Ash's father has never returned after leaving for his Pokémon journey, and was not heard of again. While I don't think Ho-Oh is Ash's father directly, I would like to think something happened between them that caused Ho-Oh to become Ash's guardian of sorts.

The book you're referring to gives the impression Mr. Ketchum is just a deadbeat though. Also, I have a feeling the term "Pokemon master" is just a general term for a really, really good trainer.

I would like to see all the non-classified game characters appear and see the GS ball thing resolved.

Was that competition that Sakura wanted to enter the Indigo League? How did she do in it?

She's too minor of a character to bring up again. Harrison went to challege the Indigo league too after Johto and we never heard from him again.

Casey was also pretty much resolved with her last three Hoso's, there's really nothing more you can do with her. Richie is still lingering around and I desperately want to see Ash kick his ass but I don't know if that'll ever happen.

Because they were making another Misty ep and she was her friend from late Johto?

I think the difference with the last set of Hoso's is the writers had a lack of characters to work with. All they really had was Misty, Tracey/Oak, and TR specials, and then they had to resort to using bottom of the barrel material like Casey, Richie and so forth to fill out the rest of the time.

Now that the AG cast is off the show too, they have better and more interesting characters to work with. Why show Sakura and her Espeon again when they could show May and her Eeveelution? Why show Richie traveling around when they could easily show May in Johto? I think the reason we saw Richie in so many specials is because they wanted to a show a trainer on a journey, but now that we have a more important character on a journey, the writers don't have to resort to using characters most people don't really care about.

Not to mention a lot of Chronicles was a recap of the previous saga, (that one being Johto), at the time. If we ever get a second series of specials, it'll probably end up being a recap of the events of AG.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom