• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What story arcs of the anime do you want resolved?

I think the difference with the last set of Hoso's is the writers had a lack of characters to work with.
Only May and Max, especially with your logic here.
and then they had to resort to using bottom of the barrel material
Try valid secondary characters that they wanted to explore. Was Ritchie really needed for Oaknapped?
Why show Sakura and her Espeon again when they could show May and her Eeveelution? Why show Richie traveling around when they could easily show May in Johto?
May, May, May, May, May. They can't all be about May. There's Misty, Max, Oak's lab and then there could still be secondary character appearances.
I think the reason we saw Richie in so many specials
(three episodes)
is because they wanted to a show a trainer on a journey, but now that we have a more important character on a journey, the writers don't have to resort to using characters most people don't really care about.
Apparently, the writers like him. His presence in the last episode can be argued was to create the links between Ash and Silver.
Not to mention a lot of Chronicles was a recap of the previous saga, (that one being Johto), at the time. If we ever get a second series of specials, it'll probably end up being a recap of the events of AG.
Misty was continuing her story but Tracey got the most out of it and he wasn't in Johto!

I thought Jigglypuff's last appearance was kinda odd - Personally, I don't think it was resolved. I think some people would think she fulfilled her little dream of having someone stay awake throughout her song.. But, at the end of 'A PokeBlock Party', Jigglypuff thought Whismur feel asleep during her song. So in Jigglypuff's eyes, no one has stayed awake..

I wonder if she would even come back though -- Jigglypuff only appeared once in AG.. So it seemed like they were writing her out slowly but surely.

Last edited:
Jigglypuff was already being phased out by AG. In all of Master Quest, I only remember it being in the Igglybuff episode. Igglybuff and Soundproof... Does D/P have anything that could link to Jigglypuff?

Jigglypuff was already being phased out by AG. In all of Master Quest, I only remember it being in the Igglybuff episode. Igglybuff and Soundproof... Does D/P have anything that could link to Jigglypuff?
Unless I am not understanding you, that's pretty much what I came to - Jigglypuff was being written out slowly but surely. In Master Quest Jigglypuff only had two episodes, but she appeared a couple of times in Johto Journeys/Champions. She even had a really heartfelt episode, Tunnel Vision.

And a region doesn't need to "link" Jigglypuff. She would show up unexpectedly without any real reason - That was the running gag.

But being the obvious Jigglypuff fan, I would like to see a nice conclusion to Jigglypuff's story - One where's she's happy and doesn't leave in a huff. To me, that's not a conclusion...

Last edited:
Only May and Max, especially with your logic here.

They have a LOT of important characters to use now. May, Max, Misty, Tracey, Drew and Harley. And possibly Gary and Oak.

We have major characters to focus on who actually mean something, they should be a bigger focus than Richie or Casey, who for the most part, have been wrapped up with the previous Chronicle eps.

May, May, May, May, May. They can't all be about May. There's Misty, Max, Oak's lab and then there could still be secondary character appearances.

I agree. My point was that of all the former main characters, May is the only Pokemon trainer on a quest. The reason they used Richie is because he was a trainer traveling, thus he could be used for stories. Now that May is off the show traveling, it makes more sense to use her. And assuming her Eevee evolves, it makes more sense to focus on her than the three-episode Sakura.

I'd also say that given the title of this thread, May's story arc deserves a follow up.

Misty was continuing her story but Tracey got the most out of it and he wasn't in Johto!

Agreed, I'd like to see more stories about them too but you honestly can't do that much more with characters who are stuck in one place.

Jigglypuff was in two Master Quest episodes. the Igglybuff one, and the one right before the 6th gym. (Throwing in the Noctowl)

Jigglypuff was in two Master Quest episodes. the Igglybuff one, and the one right before the 6th gym. (Throwing in the Noctowl)
::Looks at Master Quest DVD set:: xD Oh woah, I totally thought that episode wasn't on there.. -Edits- Durr.. Thank ya!

They have a LOT of important characters to use now. May, Max, Misty, Tracey, Drew and Harley. And possibly Gary and Oak.

We have major characters to focus on who actually mean something, they should be a bigger focus than Richie or Casey, who for the most part, have been wrapped up with the previous Chronicle eps.

I agree. My point was that of all the former main characters, May is the only Pokemon trainer on a quest. The reason they used Richie is because he was a trainer traveling, thus he could be used for stories. Now that May is off the show traveling, it makes more sense to use her. And assuming her Eevee evolves, it makes more sense to focus on her than the three-episode Sakura.

I'd also say that given the title of this thread, May's story arc deserves a follow up.

Could you please keep your bias from changing every topic into a May debate? It's seriously annoying now. May is no more important than Richie or Sakura. In fact, Richie has an Eevee too, so according to what you're going by, Richie has an equal chance of showing up.

She's obviously a more important character to the show as a whole. But the first season of HoSo gave more or less equal screentime to Misty, Tracey, Professor Oak, Daisy, Casey, Richie, etc. So if we got a new crop of specials, I'm not sure that May would get that much more than anyone else. I bet she'd get around the same as Misty did - 4 or 5 eps.

To relate this to the thread title, I don't think May needs to be brought back in umpteen specials to resolve her arcs. I think the BF did a good enough job of that already. Sure, we could always stand to see her career, her rivalry with Soledad/Drew/Harley, Contestshipping, etc. pushed a little further, but it'd be more of a bonus, not an essential wrapping-up of loose plot-threads.

Last edited:
I'd really like to see a special featuring Max getting his first Pokemon. I would find that very amusing.

As Edgeworth would say, where's your proof? Although Eevee didn't actually appear in the anime, Ritchie did say that he had an Eevee. And Serebii doesn't list Pokemon that were only referenced.

Richie's line about Eevee was dub-inserted. In the original, he was talking about something else entirely, and has never made any mention of owning an Eevee.

Then what did he say in the original? Either way, I still don't see how May's Eevee makes her more important.

I can't remember what he said in the original, but he definitely never said anything about having an Eevee.

May's Eevee doesn't make her more important, but it opens up the possibility of an evolution episode in the future, especially since there are new Eeveelutions in D/P.

Then what did he say in the original? Either way, I still don't see how May's Eevee makes her more important.

Eevee seems to be an unresolved plot point for May. The writers hyped up her Eevee as if it was supposed to be something important and then never really did anything with it.

Most people suspect May was given Eevee to eventually showcase one of the new D/P evo's. I imagine we'll see her Eevee evolve in her next appearance.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom