• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What system will you play BW2 on?

Which system will you play BW2 on?

• Total voters
I will be using my DSi or 3DS. I also have an original DS but I don't think I will be using it very much because the left comer of my original DS broke yesterday to make a small hole and it still works but if it rains the water may go inside the system and make it unusable.

DSi or 3DS. 3DS for a lot of things, like Dream Radar or AR Searcher, but if my 3DS loses battery, then my DSi will be used.

When you get BW2, which system will you play it on (or, which system are you playing it on already)? The DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL, the 3DS, or maybe the 3DS XL?

I think I'll probably play it on the 3DS, but I'll press start and select like all other DS games to make the screen smaller for a sharper quality. Though I might give it a little go on my DSi just to see what it's like.

First of all, I will also play BW2 on primarily on my 3DS for Dream Radar and Wi-fi, and some on DS Lite when I don't need Dream Radar or Wi-fi (my home's Wi-fi is only compatible with my 3DS a far as the DS family goes). Second, you can make the screen smaller and clearer with Start+Select?!?!? I never knew that, but that sounds great! (as long as it's about as big as the DSi screen).

EDIT: I tried out the smaller screen thing on 3DS. I hate it and won't be using it. It's so small that I can hardly see anything in it. It's smaller than the DS Phat screen.

Last edited:
DSi or 3DS. 3DS for a lot of things, like Dream Radar or AR Searcher, but if my 3DS loses battery, then my DSi will be used.

Dream Radar and AR Searcher are the same thing. They're just different names.

Likely my DS Lite or DS Phat, unless I decide to buy a 3DS or DSi for WiFi purposes in the future (DS Lite and older don't work with WPA2 wireless connections ;_;).

My brand new Flame Rouge 3DS (why yes I use the much sexier french name), as my DSLite is unable to battle now that my younger brother ruined its down and right buttons... But I still can use it for trades, luckily.

Likely my DS Lite or DS Phat, unless I decide to buy a 3DS or DSi for WiFi purposes in the future (DS Lite and older don't work with WPA2 wireless connections ;_;).

You shouldn't get a DSi. The 3DS is way better, gets Dream Radar, it's the next gen handheld, and it works with all the different Wi-Fi connections as far as I know. I had the same problem until it was released ;)

my DSLite is unable to battle now that my younger brother ruined its down and right buttons... But I still can use it for trades, luckily.

I know how that feels. I'm probably going to be replacing my old 2007 Black DS Lite with a new Red DS Lite (cheapest option with Amazon) soon because its A button (a very vital button I'd say) and the L shoulder button got so used and worn that they hardly work anymore. Plus I really don't want to lose the ability to play GBA games, plus the ability to play DS games in better resolution than the 3DS, and for transferring GBA pokemon to my DS pokemon games :D.

I'll be using a new DS Lite most of the time (have not yet decided which color to buy), and only using the 3DS when I need to use Wi-fi or transfer pokemon from Dream Radar

Last edited:
I'll play it on my DSi. It's the only type of DS I have. It gets annoying because I can't bring any of my Platinum pokemon over.

I'll be using my Flame Rouge (yes, that's what Virgo Asmita. said, but I actually got mine in France, so I will call it that) 3DS for the most part, but my Lite still works fine, so I may use that from time to time.

Normally my old, original DS. Recently, that died, so probably the nice shiny new 3DS I plan on getting.

I'll be playing on the 3DS. I'll be planning to get $30AUD for the eShop so I can obtain Pokédex 3D Pro (yeah, I want that) and Pokémon Dream Radar (Multiscale Lugia, here I come!)

My little DS lite is still one of the best things I have ever owned.

I'm playing it on my DS Lite. I love it. It's compact, tough, and the screen is bright. That's all i care about, really.

I'll be playing the games primarily on my DSi system. I played B/W on that system after I broke my old original DS system, which I still regret considering how long I used that one system, and I think it would be fitting to play the sequels on the same system. Plus, even though my 3DS can play the DS games, I prefer to use it only for my 3DS games. I'll use my 3DS when I want to trade with myself or use the AR Searcher, but other than that, I'll keep using my DSi when B2/W2 come out.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom