• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Tier is your favorite Pokemon (Smogon)

Creator of this Thread
Reaction score
Pichu is LC. I am sadge.
Anyways, feel free to get on Smogon to see what tier your favorite Pokemon is (Example tiers: LC, OU, Uber).
If your favorite Pokemon is very low tier, then let me give you a good piece of advice: Truth Hurts

Last edited:
Honchkrow is out of the game right now but I think it was RU in Gen VII? It can definitely be a threat against people who don't know how to handle it, but lack of access to Knock Off is increasingly becoming a liability for a Dark-type

Honchkrow is out of the game right now but I think it was RU in Gen VII? It can definitely be a threat against people who don't know how to handle it, but lack of access to Knock Off is increasingly becoming a liability for a Dark-type
Yeah, having no accessibility to Knock Off on a Dark mon is dropping its tier, since the move removes the target's held item (even Recycle can't bring it back), which is why a lot of people run it on any of their mons that can have the move.
Personally thinking about adding a few mons who can run Knock Off to my team and running that as my dark coverage (on Poison or Steel mons it really counters Toxapex because then Baneful Bunker can't Poison them).

All of my favorites tend to sit around RU or lower these days. I remember a few of them being OU in the Gen 5-6 days, but it seems like they've all just been getting steadily pushed down over the years. :cry:

Except Porygon-Z, I think it climbed back up there for a brief second in Gen 7. Nice work, Porygon-Z.

Gengar is one of those unfortunate creatures that's currently stuck in limbo. UUBL. Too good for UU but not quite at OU's increasingly powercrept standards. It really rankles my pear that Gengar gets "direct competition" from Dragapult, a Pokémon who should have been a physical attacker had Game Freak designed it correctly.

Tsareena is RarelyUsed in Gen 7, and and NeverUsed in Gen 8. I am surprised since I swear someone was using it during a SwSh tourney on The Official Pokémon YouTube Channel.

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom