• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Tier will They be in? #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose it could toxic stall. It has safeguard. It can use aqua ring. Too bad it can't pass these. It has refresh. Pain split is nice. It could also use Mirror Coat to surprise stuff.

So it can toxic stall, keep itself alive for a long time, and pass wishes. Maybe it could do some damage with Mirror Coat. And there are a lot of things than can do these thing a lot better than it can, except wish passing which is why I said that's all it can do.

I suppose it could toxic stall. It has safeguard. It can use aqua ring. Too bad it can't pass these. It has refresh. Pain split is nice. It could also use Mirror Coat to surprise stuff.

So it can toxic stall, keep itself alive for a long time, and pass wishes. Maybe it could do some damage with Mirror Coat. And there are a lot of things than can do these thing a lot better than it can, except wish passing which is why I said that's all it can do.

Name three of them that aren't OU.

Where would I find a Gen 5 tier list?

Although there are an enormous amount of Pokemon that can toxic stall, every Pokemon than can use TMs in gen 5 gets toxic.

Chansey, Gardevoir, Clefable, and Wigglytuff can wish pass.

Dewgong, Huntail, Goregyss, and Milotic are decently bulky water Pokemon that get aqua ring and safeguard.

Last edited:

Although there are an enormous amount of Pokemon that can toxic stall, every Pokemon than can use TMs in gen 5 gets toxic.

Chansey, Gardevoir, Clefable, and Wigglytuff can wish pass.

Dewgong, Huntail, Goregyss, and Milotic are decently bulky water Pokemon that get aqua ring and safeguard.

Mamabou is better than Dewgong, Gorebyss, Huntail, and I'd argue it's on the same level as Milo, so they are likely going to be in the same tier,

Actually, I could say that depending on the team, Mambou could be better than Milotic.

Of course, not many people will use it compared to the beautiful fish.

Mamabou is better than Dewgong, Gorebyss, Huntail, and I'd argue it's on the same level as Milo, so they are likely going to be in the same tier,
Gorebyss and Huntail look to be Shell Break sweepers now; Dewgong looks to be better-rounded than Mama if Politoed sticks around.

Anyway, Gorebyss/Huntail deserve to be put in different categories.

Gorebyss and Huntail look to be Shell Break sweepers now; Dewgong looks to be better-rounded than Mama if Politoed sticks around.

Anyway, Gorebyss/Huntail deserve to be put in different categories.

I meant as Bulky Waters, and Mamabou has Hydration too.

I have a reformed opinion on the water ghost. Id bet it will be OU now, after facing it alot.

Po's list

Ban list: Arceus, Darkrai, Deoxys-A, Dialga, Giratina, Giratina-O, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Lugia, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiramu, Shaymin-S, Zekuromu.

Unreleased stuff which is banned in both

Unreleased, and thus unallowed, items and Pokémon (even in the Ubers tier): Soul Dew, Kerudio, Genosekuto, Meroetta.
Released, and thus allowed, Pokémon with Dream World abilities: Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Munna, Mushaana, Darumakka, Hihidaruma, Eevee, Umbreon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Flareon, Espeon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebel, Nidoran-M, Nidorino, Nidoking, Sentret, Furret, Sunkern, Sunflora, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Lickitung, Lickylicky, Ponyta, Rapidash, Exeggcute, Exeggutor, Farfetch'd, Nidoran-F, Nidorina, Nidoqueen, Stantler, Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Mareep, Flaaffy, Ampharos, Doduo, Dodrio, Tangela, Tangrowth, Surskit, Masquerain, Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Bidoof, Bibarel, Kangaskhan, Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo, Poochyena, Mightyena, Rattata, Rattatac, Shinx, Luxio, Luxray, Taillow, Swellow.

Smogon tiers:

Darkrai
Deoxys-A
Deoxys-N
Shaymin-S
Arceus
Dialga
Giratina
Giratina-o
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Lugia
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Zekrom

the only difference between the two is deoxys-n, so far

Shiftry is really good with Drought Ninetales. I can see it getting to UU and if Sun is really common, maybe BL.

Po's list

Ban list: Arceus, Darkrai, Deoxys-A, Dialga, Giratina, Giratina-O, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Lugia, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiramu, Shaymin-S, Zekuromu.

Smogon tiers:

Darkrai
Deoxys-A
Deoxys-N
Shaymin-S
Arceus
Dialga
Giratina
Giratina-o
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Lugia
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Zekrom

the only difference between the two is deoxys-n, so far

Cool beans so when Smogon's server put my OU team against an uber team (causing me to get owned by a Reshiram sweep nothing I had could stop) after I clicked same tier it wasn't because something I was using was banned.

</off topic>

Meh, to me Mamanbou looks like nothing special. It doesn't have that many support options, it has no offense, the only niche it has is passing giant wishes.

Cool beans so when Smogon's server put my OU team against an uber team (causing me to get owned by a Reshiram sweep nothing I had could stop) after I clicked same tier it wasn't because something I was using was banned.

</off topic>

Meh, to me Mamanbou looks like nothing special. It doesn't have that many support options, it has no offense, the only niche it has is passing giant wishes.

Did you have inconsistent on your team?

if chansey/blissey moves to UU, Mamanbou will be NU, otherwise, i think he will be UU. And i still think that charizard-BL,Shiftry-UU,Sazandorra-OU

CRACKADACTYL! said:
SP Charizard can't have Dragon Dance. And Freefall isn't the move you are thinking of. It's Knock Down, and it goes away after switching.

Dream World abilities can be bred, right? You can still have a SP Charizard with DD. I never tried yet, so I don't know...

For me...
Sazandora - OU
Shiftry - UU
Mamanbou - UU
Charizard - NU/BL

For Charizard, Stealth Rock is still a huge threat. It's not gonna STOP showing up, even with the loss of SR as a TM. SP Charizard will be lucky to get in more than one KO with the sun eating away the rest of his health once SR takes away 50% of his HP. With those so-so defenses, any hit that Charizard doesn't resist will most likely knock him out, yes?

Dream World abilities can be bred, right? You can still have a SP Charizard with DD. I never tried yet, so I don't know...

For me...
Sazandora - OU
Shiftry - UU
Mamanbou - UU
Charizard - NU/BL

For Charizard, Stealth Rock is still a huge threat. It's not gonna STOP showing up, even with the loss of SR as a TM. SP Charizard will be lucky to get in more than one KO with the sun eating away the rest of his health once SR takes away 50% of his HP. With those so-so defenses, any hit that Charizard doesn't resist will most likely knock him out, yes?
Females with DW abilities can hand the abilities down. I don't think female DW Event pokemon are available.

League said:
Females with DW abilities can hand the abilities down. I don't think female DW Event pokemon are available.

Ohh. I stand corrected then. OTL Aw, well, I guess it wouldn't be THAT easy, huh?

For me...
Sazandora - OU
Shiftry - UU
Mamanbou - UU
Charizard - NU/BL

actually, even with SR damage, my charizard can still get at least four turns of life iirc. That means, 4 ko's on anything not named blissey or chansey, especially once Charizard can get acsess to dragon pulse. (Dragon Pulse,Fireblast/flamthrower,Focus Blast/HP:Fighting=Unresisted)

also, charizard can take a non-boosted outrage from garmchomp. While his defenses are nothing special, there not as bad as oftenly thought

Doryuzu is gonna be epically spammed in the early stages. What will it originally be ranked as though (as in the first 4 months)? OU or Uber? Charizard is still crippled by SR, SE and those new Rock Weapons I have seen added in. Sazandora is a Special Attacker, so Ghost types can take it on safer then the less bulkier ones of the past. As for Mamanbou, it definitely has HUGE promise for Triple Battles. Can healing beam be used on teammates? Probably right? I think I will raise two of those to spam against people. Shifting Wide Guard, Healing Beam, Helping Hand/Aqua Ring/Hydro Pump Aqua Ring/Hydro Pump/Healing Wish. If only that could be done on simulators. I mean honestly I am gonna piss a lot of people off with that combination. Pair that with a bulky sweeper and another strong Pokemon in reserve and having healing wish as a trump card. Possibly. Pretty Optimistic though and needs a bit of work.

Shiftry is Shiftry. As I always say, it's this close to being amazing in it's respected area. On that note, will his DW ability help?

55555555555555550000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000th Post Right There Ladies and Gentlemen. 500!

actually, even with SR damage, my charizard can still get at least four turns of life iirc. That means, 4 ko's on anything not named blissey or chansey, especially once Charizard can get acsess to dragon pulse. (Dragon Pulse,Fireblast/flamthrower,Focus Blast/HP:Fighting=Unresisted)

The problem with your argument is that you assume Charizard will actually be able to stay in and sweep for four consecutive turns. I imagine that a likely scenario would look something like this:

- Charizard switches in, takes SR damage
- Charizard gets first KO
- Opponent switches in revenge killer, forcing Charizard out
- Charizard switches in again later, takes SR damage
- Charizard gets second KO
- Charizard faints due to recoil

Keep in mind that Sandstorm may also be active during this time. In general, you're lucky if you get more than one KO with Charizard in any given match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom