• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Tier Will they be in? Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Munchlax

My little Pwny!
Reaction score
Since the official tier list for the 5th generation has not been released yet, I decided to ask what tier you think popular new and old Pokemon will be in. My brother who has an account on GameFAQs is doing some of these. (Check out Pokemon Black board under What Tier Will they be in? by fatsnorlax.) Today, Dragonite, Salamence, Garchomp, and Doryuzzu will be decided on.

Dragonite-Uber In my opinion, just as good as Salamence and Garchomp.
Salamence-Uber
Garchomp-Uber
Doryuzzu-Overused

Moving to Battle Strategy and Tactics - please move if this is not the right forum.

"Dragonite-Uber In my opinion, just as good as Salamence and Garchomp."
well,
1.Salamence being an "Uber" is a mistake imo, he does'nt do what garchomp does.
2.Garmschomp when given a swords dance is UN-STOPABLE. i have taken out a whole team with A garchomp.
but, dragonite has this one little advantage to boost him higher than salamece...
MultiScale, with multscale he pretty cant be OHKO'd on the first turn giving him the chance to DDance and sweep,with a power boosting item.
I do remember their being somethign like this before though.

"Dragonite-Uber In my opinion, just as good as Salamence and Garchomp."
well,
1.Salamence being an "Uber" is a mistake imo, he does'nt do what garchomp does.
2.Garmschomp when given a swords dance is UN-STOPABLE. i have taken out a whole team with A garchomp.
but, dragonite has this one little advantage to boost him higher than salamece...
MultiScale, with multscale he pretty cant be OHKO'd on the first turn giving him the chance to DDance and sweep,with a power boosting item.
I do remember their being somethign like this before though.
What tiers do you think that they should be in, Aco?

Charizard-BL
Staraptor-UU
Rotom-W-OU
Torterra-UU
Infernape-BL
Snorlax-OU
Saznadorra-OU
Venusaur-BL
Wargle-UU
Gigigasu-UU
Donphan-UU
Creselia-BL
Ninetales-OU
Bidoof-Uber (he legit is in Ubers, according to smogon)

Also, rocks ruin dragonite, and a modest specs sazandorra can OHKO it even with multiscale

Dragonite-Uber In my opinion, just as good as Salamence and Garchomp.
Salamence-Uber
Garchomp-Uber
Doryuzzu-Overused

No. Chomp and Mence are starting off unbanned, if they were banned again too many others would have to be banned to level the field. And Dragonite isn't as good as Mence or Chomp at sweeping, which is what made them ubers.

Dragonite should stay in OU, he isnt the same as salamece but if they face eacother dragonite would win, but with a team arounf eacother, dragonite would lose.

How in the world are the dragons Uber but dory OU. Its the other way around imo. Doryy is the only uber, the are all OU except maybe chomp.

Dory, Mence, Chomp, and DNite are all OU IMO

Doryuuzu = Uber

This thing may be dependent on weather, but the thing is, it depends on the most common weather out there: Sandstorm. With Sand Paddle, its Speed allows it to outpace Scarfed Starmie, one of the fastest Choice Scarfers in the OU tier. Its Attack is also devastatingly high, especially after a Swords Dance or two. But what makes it Uber? The overcentralization factor, which is about as bad as that of Stealth Rock; someone once said: "The metagame's about one guy's Doryuuzu sweeping and the other's Doryuuzu dying." Because of the powerful Doryuuzu drilling its way into a large percentage of teams, Rohbushin is just as common, always standing at the ready to try to handle it. Unfortunately, without a Choice Band, Life Orb, or Guts boost, its Mach Punch will not one-hit that demonic mole. I believe that mainly for the centralization making a rather unhealthy OU, it will be thrown into Uber hell.

Last edited:
^thoose are some good points. Will CB iron fist 1HKO?

^ Whoops. Meant to say without, LOL.

Of course, CB IF will KO. Even without IF, CB will KO. Without either, it'll live.

With a good amount of Pokemon needing to move to other tiers, maybe we will see an actual BL metagame.

Also, I see Infernape usage going down as Blaziken usage going to potiently OU because of Speed Boost.us

Doryuuzu = Uber

This thing may be dependent on weather, but the thing is, it depends on the most common weather out there: Sandstorm. With Sand Paddle, its Speed allows it to outpace Scarfed Starmie, one of the fastest Choice Scarfers in the OU tier. Its Attack is also devastatingly high, especially after a Swords Dance or two. But what makes it Uber? The overcentralization factor, which is about as bad as that of Stealth Rock; someone once said: "The metagame's about one guy's Doryuuzu sweeping and the other's Doryuuzu dying." Because of the powerful Doryuuzu drilling its way into a large percentage of teams, Rohbushin is just as common, always standing at the ready to try to handle it. Unfortunately, without a Choice Band, Life Orb, or Guts boost, its Mach Punch will not one-hit that demonic mole. I believe that mainly for the centralization making a rather unhealthy OU, it will be thrown into Uber hell.

I've just been wondering why Sand Paddle hasn't been banned. It's the broken factor.

Last edited:
Because the only other Poke that gets it is Sandslash, which isn't broken with it.

There's also the fact that Sand Paddle doesn't do extremely trollish things, unlike Inconsistent, which violated the Evasion Clause.

Garchomp was Uber-hammered in D/P partly because of Sand Veil.

All I'm saying is that without Sand Paddle, Dory is nowhere near as good,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom