• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Tier Will they be in? Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, but if the Ability itself is banned, it isn't fair to Sandslash. Think about that.

I didn't see anyone ban Swift Swim last gen, either.

I know, but if the Ability itself is banned, it isn't fair to Sandslash. Think about that.

I didn't see anyone ban Swift Swim last gen, either.
But Rain required turns of setup then. (And still might.)

Doryuuzu should just be made Uber, if it's such a problem. Let Sandslash see the light of day I say. (I hate restricting pokemon/move/ability combos--it just rubs me the wrong way. And Sand Strength Doryuuzu is still pretty strong, though I know things can still hit it without priority. Anyhow, the point of the last sentence is that it wouldn't feel too wrong sending Doryuuzu to ubers with either ability.)

Last edited:
I feel its just eaisier to ban dory with sand paddle, and let other ability dory and sandslash stay un-banned

also, last gen there was no auto rain outside of ubers, you could stall the rain out and take care of anything with swift swim

I've already seen a strategy for blaziken with speed boost...
Blaziken will now make his way to higher tier's.
He could potentially be a baton passer, and with blazkien's new found ability, he can be the physically based yanmega attack lead.

I've already seen a strategy for blaziken with speed boost...
Blaziken will now make his way to higher tier's.
He could potentially be a baton passer, and with blazkien's new found ability, he can be the physically based yanmega attack lead.

Speed Boost Blaziken can't legally have baton pass. All the discovered Speed Boost Blaziken's have been male, and Baton Pass is an egg move.

oh so than nevermind, but he can still be an attacking lead.

yeah, but he serves more use.

Speed Boost Blaziken can't legally have baton pass. All the discovered Speed Boost Blaziken's have been male, and Baton Pass is an egg move.

They're still experimenting with Eccentric Ditto, aren't they? To see if they can get a DW ability and Egg Moves on the same Poke?

I've been playing with Cloyster and its deadly. Give it Shell Smash, Skill Link, Icicle Spear and Rock Blast. Sit back and watch the destruction. I sweeped Pokemon that were at the top of Gen IV ubers with ease. Cloyster may be OU as well. At the very least Borderline.

I've been playing with Cloyster and its deadly. Give it Shell Smash, Skill Link, Icicle Spear and Rock Blast. Sit back and watch the destruction. I sweeped Pokemon that were at the top of Gen IV ubers with ease. Cloyster may be OU as well. At the very least Borderline.
I can believe that. It's defense still holds up well after two Shell Break's. Cloyster can absolutely kill late game with +4 relevant stats.

Venomoth-UU
- I think with Roost, Butterfly Dance and Tinted Lens it is definitely capable of being used enough to rise one tier.

Cloyster-OU
- With Shell Smash(or Break, I can't recall) and Icicle Spear(among other moves) it is quite a deadly Pokemon. If it isn't OU I'm pretty sure it will be BL.

Kojondo-OU
- His Attack and Speed stats, along with the ability Regeneration, he is more than good enough to be used in OU. Might rival Lucario or Infernape(maybe>_>)

That's all I got.

Charizard also does really well in the sun now. Stealth Rock still wreaks it but with Solar Power + STAB + Sun Boost, its Fire Blast/Overheat is deadly and KOs even those Pokemon that resist it.

While I'm no great Set maker, I used this set to great effect.
Charizard @ Life Orb
4 HP/ 252 Sp.A/ 252 Spd
Modest Nature
Overheat/Fire Blast
Air Slash
Hidden Power Ice
Dragon Pulse

Venomoth-UU
- I think with Roost, Butterfly Dance and Tinted Lens it is definitely capable of being used enough to rise one tier.

Cloyster-OU
- With Shell Smash(or Break, I can't recall) and Icicle Spear(among other moves) it is quite a deadly Pokemon. If it isn't OU I'm pretty sure it will be BL.

Kojondo-OU
- His Attack and Speed stats, along with the ability Regeneration, he is more than good enough to be used in OU. Might rival Lucario or Infernape(maybe>_>)

That's all I got.
Kojondo's Inner Focus isn't too bad an ability either, mostly if it wishes to be a lead. But yeah, Regeneration may be more useful. Fighting and Steel pokemon like it best, with lower entry and Pursuit damage. Kojondo can also pass and stat up like crazy.

"...more than good enough to be used in OU:" that about sums up Kojondo.

If Venemoth remains in UU, I'll be one sad man. Tinted Lens means that it gets modest/better coverage with one or two offensive moves. (I'd think Bug Buzz / Psychic would be adequate.) Sleep Powder can remove at least one counter, generally, possibly, I don't know. And Venemoth gets the benefit of Morning Sun (which gets the benefit of healing more with Sun, should that be utilized at all, though Sand can upset this--I'd expect the user of Morning Sun to here show prudence) and Baton Pass.

And that about rounds up Venemoth at its most predictable. It can do alot more--there isn't a bug with a better combination of "Bug" tricks. Stat-wise, there are two better Dancers (Doredia and Ulgamoth), with typing and coverage issues--so Venemoth won't really be outclassed. With no real rival (absent Butterfree, with better Sleep Powder and a Ground immunity) and considerable merit, I don't see what would keep people from using it.

Doryuzu, IMO, belongs in OU due to the following factors:

- It's got two (non-Dream World) abilities which increase its stats in a sandstorm. While a Speed boost (from Sand Paddle) is nice, a boost to STAB-attacks from Sand Power, combined with amazingly high attack stats, would lead to hits that would faint anything that wasn't 4x resistant to it (with a beneficial nature). Basically, you're getting the power of an Explosion with that.
- If you choose to go with Sand Paddle, then attack boosts are still possible due to Doryuzu getting Swords Dance as a level-up move.
- Immunity to Toxic Spikes, a quarter damage from Stealth Rock AND access to Rapid Spin makes Doryuzu the perfect solution to entry hazards.
- Doryuzu is immune to Poison and Electric, resistant against Grass and Ice (thanks to unique typing) as also isn't hindered by any 4x weaknesses.
- As mentioned, Doryuzu benefits immensely from a Sandstorm making it a perfect partner to Tyranitar or Hippowdon in Double Battles (if you don't want to waste a moveslot and a turn getting Sandstorm set up).

Some people even want to be Uber. NOw I don't think it should be Uber but the situation shows its amazing potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom