• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What tier will they be in?

Mr.Munchlax

My little Pwny!
Reaction score
Hmmmmm...today, it is all 5th gen because all names but three have been revealed. I will put the Japanese name in parenthesis, and I will also include a link to the list. Click on the first "show" button you see. Anyway, here we go. Today, it is Scrafty(Zuruziken), KlinKlang(Gigigear), Braviary(Waruvial), and Beartic(Tsubearr).http://pokejungle.net/2011/01/13/list-of-english-bw-names/

Discuss the tiering of anything in the 5th gen here - F-22

Scrafty-OU
KlinKlang-BL
Braviary-OU
Beartic-OU

Uber
Garchomp
Excadrill
Mew
Overused
Blaziken
Salamence
Dragonite
Hydraigon
Scrafty
Borderline
Infernape
Charizard
Underused
Shiftry
Alomomola
Typhlosion
Braviary
Neverused
Emboar
Klinklang
Beartic

Last edited:
Re: What tier will they be in? #4

Scrafy-OU
KlinKlang-BL
Braviary-UU
Beartic-NU

Scrafy is OU, everything else is NU. KlinKlang's coverage is total shit, Braviary is just another Normal/Flying type, and Beartic suffers from being Ice type.

First up, I was wondering if you could maybe organize it to something like:
Uber
Garchomp
Excadrill

OU
Blaziken
Salamence
Hydraigon
Dragonite

BL
Infernape
Charizard

UU
Alomomola
Shiftry

NU
Emboar

So, I think it'll be Scrafty OU, especially because of Moxie. Gigagear is definitely UU, since it's simply outclassed by Natorrei--unless BL is a playable tier.
Tsunbear, UU, that ice thing is nasty.
Braviery--I've going to say BL.

It's not a wise idea AT ALL to use unconfirmed names, you know.

Anyway, Zuruzukin will undoubtedly be OU. It pretty much fits the definition of "tank" with its outstanding bulk and usable Attack. With the right setup (Dragon Dance or Bulk Up) and Rest + Shed Skin, it'll f*** your s***. Backwards.

Gear Change is nice and everything, but the movepool is EXTREMELY lacking, so Gigigiaru will be UU, maybe even NU.

Braviary (that name's confirmed) and Tsunbeaa will probably be BL and UU, respectively. They have below-threshold Speed, and their typing (which bear a lot of common weaknesses) undermine their otherwise usable bulk. It's upsetting, because of their great Attack stats.

Scrafty - OU
KlinKlang - UU
Braviary - UU
Beartic - UU/NU

It's not a wise idea AT ALL to use unconfirmed names, you know.
The names are confirmed. Any requests for next time?
@Flame Battler: I will do that starting in the next topic.

@Sharking:IGN Also, there are real names on that list. So its either the guy who posted the list is a really lucky guesser for the twenty or so names that he got right(like that's what happened) so there is no point in denying it.

Zurukinin-OU, this is power. I don't even need to explain.

Gigigear- NU, a good set-up move is useless when you have the moves to back it up. It's very similar to Butterfly Dance Butterfree, in that, it can't back itself up. UU, if it gets lucky.

Braviary (This is Wargle, not Waruvial. Waruvial is the Red Crocodile.)-UU or one tier below Staraptor, who will most likely be BL due to Reckless.

Tsunbear- NU, as good as this pokemon may look to you guys, I don't see it in the metagame. It loses Twenty Five Percent on the Switch-In if SR is up, it's too slow to be really useful, and it's taking place in a very Fighting-centric Metagame. Plus Scizor is going to be UU, and can easily force the bear out.

Don't change anything official until there is confirmation, the List was made after the IGN reveal, so you can't be sure.

Zurukinin-OU, this is power. I don't even need to explain.

Gigigear- NU, a good set-up move is useless when you have the moves to back it up. It's very similar to Butterfly Dance Butterfree, in that, it can't back itself up. UU, if it gets lucky.

Braviary (This is Wargle, not Waruvial. Waruvial is the Red Crocodile.)-UU or one tier below Staraptor, who will most likely be BL due to Reckless.

Tsunbear- NU, as good as this pokemon may look to you guys, I don't see it in the metagame. It loses Twenty Five Percent on the Switch-In if SR is up, it's too slow to be really useful, and it's taking place in a very Fighting-centric Metagame. Plus Scizor is going to be UU, and can easily force the bear out.

Don't change anything official until there is confirmation, the List was made after the IGN reveal, so you can't be sure.

Scizor UU lolwut.

But I pretty much agree with everything you said.

100% agree, but Butterfly Dance Butterfree had potential. Compoundeyes make Sleep Powder 97.5% accurate, and with this golden set up move, it can do something.

Once again agree, but SCIZOR IS NOT UU!!!! Where the hell did you hear that outragous idea!?!

100% agree, but Butterfly Dance Butterfree had potential. Compoundeyes make Sleep Powder 97.5% accurate, and with this golden set up move, it can do something.

Once again agree, but SCIZOR IS NOT UU!!!! Where the hell did you hear that outragous idea!?!

That's a fine niche and all, but it is still taken out too quickly, and it doesn't have enough coverage to run a substitute.

Huh, thought it would be, Scizor with Swords Dance is still power.

I think Scizor will forever be OU, and even viable for Ubers (for its partnership with Ticklefet).

I think Scizor will forever be OU, and even viable for Ubers (for its partnership with Ticklefet).

Eh, who knows? I just don't particularly care for the CB Set, but I still do see some utility in Dream World with it, I love Swords Dance, though,

I've got a feeling Aianto will be NU.
UU. Hone Claws + Hustle is slightly more powerful than a Swords Dance right off the bat (1.5 x 1.5, or x2.25, vs. x2), and Aianto has the stats and type to sweep in UU rather well I think.

Make Friends can actually be a good move with Hustle--it just needs to be used on a special attacker, to mess with their accuracy while facing little or no downside. Scratch that, read Hustle's article.

Last edited:

Zuruzukin - OU
Gigigear - NU
Braviary - UU
Tsunbear - NU

I agree with this. Remember that Pokemon like Weavile, Dusknoir, and Electivire all remained in OU until the end of Gen. IV despite being relatively ineffective in the metagame. A Pokemon doesn't need to be really awesome to remain in a tier.

As a side not, I would like to state that I feel Infernape will remain OU in Gen. V for the same reasons.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom