• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What tier will they be in?

Blaziken will need to get to +2 to even hit before Exca does if He switches in.

The thing is, that it won't because it would risk breaking the balloon, my Blaziken also could survive Rock Slide and Return and OHKO with HJK or Flare Blitz.

Therefore a Pokemon such as ScarfChomp would be sent in before an Excadrill.

It's survived Outrages too, and even then, you would inevitable reach +2 anyways.

I'll put it in two hypothetical scenarios, Blaziken switches in on Excadrill as it attempts to set up, and survives the Rock Slide and HJK's it to death, or Excadrill switches on Blaziken as it sets up, and Blaze survives the Rock Slide, while being faster on the next turn.
Blaziken can also kick itself to death. Just noting.

Has anyone tried out Storm Drain Cradily? I know it's not top-tier; I'm just interested to hear any opinions on it since I've always liked Cradily, and a Water-immunity seems useful.

Last edited:
90% Accuracy makes that chance minimal. And that could happen in every scenario where it is used.

People use ghost types...
And speed yourself up all you want, Blazekin can't KO pokemon such as quagsire, suicine, vaporeon, and especially jellecent, and is then KO'd back.

Besides, it's uber now, so you need to run calcs along side it's main counters such as wobbufett, kyogre and palkia.

Yeah, I believe I faced you with it.

People use ghost types...
And speed yourself up all you want, Blazekin can't KO pokemon such as quagsire, suicine, vaporeon, and especially jellecent, and is then KO'd back.

Besides, it's uber now, so you need to run calcs along side it's main counters such as wobbufett, kyogre and palkia.

We were discussing why it became Uber. It can't take the first pokemon quagsire, who I usually had covered, but it can beat the other three with HJK, and Shadow Claw.

I remember that match. Good match.

I don't like how people are saying that Infernape is now inferior to Blaziken. Iron Fist on Infernape is so amazing. Since Infernape is Fire/Fighting he gets Fire Punch and Mach Punch STAB. That may possibly make him better then Standard Scizor.

I remember that match. Good match.

I don't like how people are saying that Infernape is now inferior to Blaziken. Iron Fist on Infernape is so amazing. Since Infernape is Fire/Fighting he gets Fire Punch and Mach Punch STAB. That may possibly make him better then Standard Scizor.

Infernape doesn't have the power that Scizor has, or the lack of resistances in his stab priority move. I would only run Iron Fist if it could have Thunder punch too. And I would use it in most scenarios if Shadow Punch was learned by Infernape.

tbh the only reason I'm not using it is because of all of the little rain fishies running around

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom