• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What tier will they be in?

Smeargle is hindred gretaly by its base stats. Once he is phased out, switches out, ETC, he's done for the battle. Try switching into anything this gen, and dont say focus sash, cause entry hazzards will cancel that out. Try doing much when you tricked your choice item, and youve used the sleep clause. Mew is far superior to smearagl, and a believe he will go to ubers
Inconsistent can inconsistently raise or lower Smeargle's low defenses also--Smeargle will always fear priority.

Anyway, Smeargle gets every move in the game. Using Baton Pass is simply not that inventive. I know of at least one other thing he can do well, that so far is yet untried.
There's also the fact that Inconsistent adds the same "unstoppable" factor to Bidoof, of all things.
Well, Inconsistent is kinda hax, and it can raise evasion. I dunno though, I don't think Biba should be Uber.

Whoa, let's all calm down a little. We're discussing whether or not Mew will be uber (meaning we're not actually talking about ubers), so as far as OU is concerned, Inconsistent is a nonfactor because it's banned.

What about Elfuun? I read something about it's mischievious heart ability being useful.

Elfuun is going to be OU. It's one of the best SubSeeders out there, and I can't imagine there'd be many counters (the only one I've been able to use reliably is Liquid Ooze Tentacruel). Taunt shuts it down, but if I'm not mistaken it's the fastest user of Mischevious Heart, so it won't even get priority Taunted.

Don't forget that Elfuun/Whimsicott has Taunt itself, so yeah, there's virtually no chance of getting Taunted if you're good at predicting.

It also completely screws setup sweepers by priority-Encoring them into their setup moves, leaving them open to attack. This is one REALLY annoying ball of cotton.

Magic mirror screws over their whole sets usually. leech seed reflects back and doesn't effect it, sub decreases its own health, taunt is suicide, stun spore creates parahax, and protect is useless. Xatu is literally the perfect Erufunn counter.

Magic mirror screws over their whole sets usually. leech seed reflects back and doesn't effect it, sub decreases its own health, taunt is suicide, stun spore creates parahax, and protect is useless. Xatu is literally the perfect Erufunn counter.

Xatu or Espeon. Espeon can take the time to just Calm Mind up, and it hits like a tank. I can imagine it switching in and using a Sub+CM set to wreak havoc.

Sableye is also incredibly awesome. Priority Will-o-wisp really helps set it apart from the other Mischivous Heart users.

Xatu or Espeon. Espeon can take the time to just Calm Mind up, and it hits like a tank. I can imagine it switching in and using a Sub+CM set to wreak havoc.

Due to Taunt, Espeon can only set up if Erufuun switches out immediately. I agree, however, that Erufuun is pretty much useless against Pokemon with the Magic Mirror ability.

Nope, since taunt is reflected back. Taunt cant stop the set up because erufunn gets taunted instead.

Magic Mirror is annoying as fuck. I never would've imagined that Espeon itself is quickly becoming standard because it ruins so many set-ups and can dish out damage itself. Wish is illegal on it due to all DW Eevees being male, correct?

What about Wobbuffet? It gets Telepathy in DW, so could it be in two tiers at once? Shadow Tag Uber, Telepathy UU?

Without Shadow Tag, wobbu is useless, since anything can switch out. It will be in the bottom of NU.

Thread Bump: If Snorlax finally leaving OU due to the rise in Fighting Types and Raw Attack power houses?

It's not seen very often, but there are no Smogon server statistics, let alone a formalized OU tier.

Snorlax is to powerfull for the lower tiers. I believe it'll start in UU, move up to BL for most of the metagame, however, it'll play some minutes in OU by the end of this Gen.

It depends how the tiers will look in the end, but Pokemon like Snorlax and Blissey will at least be BL...

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom