• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What trainer class are you?

Skittypaws

Adores and Admires Humor
Reaction score
I was watching some youtube videos when one video caught my eye; a trainer class game.

So as I was watching, I thought about making a thread about it. So...what trainer class would you be in, why, what kind of Pokemon would you have on your team, and what you would be doing in the Pokemon Anime/Game verse.

Example:

Trainer Class: I think that I would be a aroma girl.

Why: My name means grass, and I really like the type. My favorite color is also green.

Pokemon:
Vileplume/gloom
Roserade/Roseselia
Floette/Florges
Vespiqueen/combee
Nosepass (get it?)
Deerling/ (its evolved form which I have forgotten the name too)

Job: I would probably own either a berry farm or at least work in one. I love growing berries in the game so this is why.

Assuming you're talking about Tamashii's videos, through them, I can pretty much consider myself either an Ace Trainer, Twins, or a Breeder. I prefer to think of myself as an Ace Trainer as I'd always make that what my character character appeared as in past games to other people and it's also what I tend to make my PSS icon.

Trainer class: Dragon Tamer or Veteran

Team: Aegislash, Flygon, Haxorus, Charizard, Umbreon, and Houndoom. Hmm... can I petition for larger teams? There's so many others I want.

Job: Explorer or Actor

Trainer class: Dragon Tamer or Veteran

Team: Aegislash, Flygon, Haxorus, Charizard, Umbreon, and Houndoom. Hmm... can I petition for larger teams? There's so many others I want.

Job: Explorer or Actor

Yep. I just used six for an example. When I thought about the sweet scent pokemon and smell, I found myself stopping at six.

Assuming you're talking about Tamashii's videos, through them, I can pretty much consider myself either an Ace Trainer, Twins, or a Breeder. I prefer to think of myself as an Ace Trainer as I'd always make that what my character character appeared as in past games to other people and it's also what I tend to make my PSS icon.

Yeah! I figured that nobody would know who she is so I left it vague. But it can be outside of Tamashii videos if you want.

Class: Hex Maniac

Pokemon:
Sableye
Trevenant
Houndoom
Tyranitar
Greninja
Murkrow
Give or take: Klefki, Whimsicott, Gengar, Garbodor, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Ariados, Giratina, Beheeyem, Meowstic, Gallade, Slowking, and Pangoro

I'd be a very lax Hex Maniac considering I'm giving equal opportunity to Poison and Fairy too, but whatever.

Going by the games where you had to choose the class you appeared as, I didn't put too much thought into it and just used Ace Trainers, Aroma Ladies, or Parasol Ladies. But that's just because I always thought they were the ones that I favored the most even if I never linked battled with anyone to actually use them. Depending on how the trainer class appearance thing works in ORAS (and they're not cleverly hiding customization options. Hahahaha.) I'll probably go with Hex Maniac if you can freely choose your look or Aroma Lady again if it's based on IDs.

Class: hmm.... rival? Or maybe Ace Trainer.

Pokemon could be pretty much any, I love them all. Except Bulbasaur. But if I had to narrow it down, well...
Pokemon:
Scizor
Tyranitar
Gliscor
Aerodactyl

Yeah, don't think I could ever specialize in one specific type. Course, they can all use hyper beam [except Gliscor]. Maybe I could specialize in that.

I'd say, based on Tamashii's videos... Either Ace Trainer or Elite Four, with traits of the Harlequin, Fairy Tale Boy, Hex Maniac, Icy Guy, Parasol Man and Pokémon Breeder thrown in (there's just so many to choose from, I can't really decide on just one or two...)

As for the 'mons...

Main team: Reunicluis
Ferrothorn
Chandelure
Any other 'mons that work well in Trick Room

Elite Four team: Gardevoir
Sylveon
Various other Fairy types (I won't spoil things for you if you're challenging the BBL)

As for my occupation, I'd go with Elite Four member cuz Wynaut?

Probably guitarist/rocker, or interviewer. Either way, I'd go for an Exploud, a Jolteon, and maybe a Noivern? Sound and electricity.

Alternatively - super nerd! Exploud, Magnezone, some sort of Porygon - probably Porygon2 - and let's keep that Jolteon.

In the Anime I would love to protecting endangered Pokemon. In the Game I would be an Ace Trainer

I think I would be an Ace Trainer with some elements of Breeder, Pokémon Ranger, Pokémon Maniac and a liiiittle bit of Ninja Boy =P

If I were to use a team, well... Greninja, Lucario, Golurk, Escavalier, Samurott and Gallade would likely be my choices, the first four are guaranteed at least and Greninja is my main Pokémon that I try to find a way to fit in all teams except Trick Room

Based off of the pokemon preferences, I'd have to be a Bug Maniac.
My team:
-Vivillon (Oceanic form, preferably)
-Butterfree
-Beautifly
-If the game allows it, Lumineon (butterfly of the sea)

Needless to say, I love butterflies.

Probably a Breeder. Both Breeders (at least in Gen III) and Ace Trainers use a variety of Pokemon, and in Gen III, those Breeders actually would level up and evolve their Pokemon. I don't think I can consider myself an Ace Trainer yet, because I never last very long in the metagame. For now, I'm breeding Pokemon and building a good IV and EV trained team.

Or maybe I'm a Veteran. I have been playing for over 10 years, and I probably have enough memorized to become a Pokemon professor-in-training. Hmm...

Let's list my favourites in each gen and see if I can find out:

Kanto

Sandslash
Scyther
Kabutops
Pikachu
Charizard (X)
Nidoking
Golem
Rhydon
Mewtwo

Prevailing here are 4 Ground-types and 3 Rock-types. I'm not fat enough to be a Hiker, so...hang on: Golem, Nidoking, Sandslash, Rhydon...Mewtwo! I'm a Rocket Boss?

Johto

Umbreon
Meganium
Sneasel
Gligar
Bellossom
Scizor
Tyrogue
Suicune

There doesn't seem to be any clear pattern here.

Hoenn

Sceptile
Shiftry
Breloom
Ninjask
Flygon
Tropius
Absol
Salamence

That's a lot of Grass-types. I'm an Aroma Lady...Man!

Sinnoh

Empoleon
Weavile
Gliscor
Gallade

Again, I can't pick out a pattern in this generation. I have very few favourites from it and most of them are evolutions of past Mons.

Unova

Dewott
Lilligant
Archeops
Zoroark
Escavalier
Druddigon
Bisharp
Braviary
Hydreigon

Eh, I'm just gonna say Ace Trainer for this one.

Overall, counting primary types only, Grass seems to be the winner, which is surprising, because I'd actually say my favourite types are Ground, Dragon and Dark. Are there any male Grass-centric trainer classes? I guess I could be a Gym Leader, like Ramos...(or Erika...)

Ideally, I'd like to say Ace Trainer. Realistically, though, I'm probably a Rising Star at best. Competitive confuses me. Maybe I'm just a PokeFan? That would make sense, sort of.

You could probably guess.

Team Flare Grunt/Admin/Deputy xD?

(I'll go by what types they use via the Wiki page)
Team
-Arcanine
-Gengar
-Lucario
-Absol
-Luxray
-Hydreigon

I'd probably be an ex Ace Trainer before going to the fabulous side.

I'd probably be a Swimmer since I'm good at swimming. But Water isn't my favourite type...

Tamers haven't been seen since Gen I, but they should bring them back and make a female tamer to compliment the existing male version. That is what I would be. I would have:

- Electabuzz
- Charizard
- Pyroar (female)

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom