• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What Trainer Class (NPC) design in SWSH do you like the most?

Reaction score
Here's a full list of them (Crown Tundra excluded):
ArtistBackpackerBeautyBlack BeltCabbieCafé MasterCameramanChampionColleaguesCookDancerDaring Couple
DoctorFisherGAME FREAK'sGym ChallengerGym LeaderGym TrainerGentlemanHikerInterviewersLassLeague Staff
Macro Cosmos'sMadameMedical TeamModelMusic CrewMusicianOffice WorkerPoké KidPokémon BreederPolice OfficerPostmanRail StaffReporterSchoolboySchoolgirlSwimmerTeam Yell GruntWorkerYoungster • Dojo MasterDojo MatronMaster Dojo Student

Won't bother making a poll since there's too many of them. Personally, I like the Dancer the most because of those comfy street clothes.

I quite like Lass, Reporter and the Master Dojo Students.

As far as Gym Leaders go, Nessa, Bea, Melony, Piers, Raihan (And later on Bede and Marnie).

For regular NPCs, the Dancer and Backpacker are really very pleasing. They looks like they're having real fun while battling, especially the Dancer who is not only shakin' her groove thang during the battle but she's also quite the graceful loser. I also like how some of the Backpackers speak different languages when beaten, like the one with the Sawk speaking Spanish. That's a really nice touch.

As for more "important" NPCs, Bea and Piers stand out the most to me. Bea because I absolutely love her to begin with and she's shown to be a really graceful loser, unlike Nessa who has that minor temper tantrum and later on becomes obsessed with beating you. Plus, the added detail of Bea shaking your hand while holding her elbow with her left hand is a reference to how martial artists show respect in their handshakes (as someone who practiced martial arts way back as a early teen, that's a detail I appreciate). While Piers not only gives us our long-awaited Dark Gym, which is a very fitting Gym Battle for the "black sheep" of Pokemon types, but I love the contrast of his more "punk" appearance with his actually pretty cool and friendly personality. Plus, the fact he loves to snark at pretty much everything in the Swordward/Shieldbert post-game story. As someone who likes a good deadpan snarker, he's my kind of guy.

Man I like a whole lot of these. They did an excellent job for the most part.

In particular I want to note the female classes that go a little more outside the usual stereotypes. I really like the Backpacker, as she almost feels like more of a female Hiker. There’s a roughened edge to her. The thick, messy hair, the freckles... lots of nice little interesting details. And on that note, it's cool that they finally went with a female Fisher as well. Aside from Gen 6 where the Fishermen were a little more lean, they had been pretty much in the same mold every generation. And the Dancer is brilliant. Her intro animations and loss animations are so full of personality. I like that the Lass has full black leggings, as it feels a little more tasteful and mature than previous Lasses which all wore miniskirts and at-most knee-length socks. And we've got the very tall and muscular female Workers.

One the male side, I like how dad-ish the Black Belt looks this time around, with the receding hairline and the hairy chest. The Hiker is also a nice continuation of what I liked about Gen 7's, being very muscular and built, but this time is dressed more as you would expect in a colder and mountainous region. Artists are hilarious with their crazed expressions. Rail Staff look very neat and sharp.

Gotta love the Office Workers who are on their phones the whole time. And both of the Master Dojo Students look really good.

(Unfortunately, at this point I literally cannot look at Cabbies and Gentlemen without feeling a twinge of irritation, thanks to Alfie and Martin.)

I like a lot of the Gym Trainer designs as well. My particular favorites are both of Gordie's (as they really feel like Gordie fanboys/girls), the female Turrfield Gym Trainer for her sedate expression, the male gym Trainer for Bea for his very believable British young man look, the Spikemuth Gym Trainers (they look funny without all their Team Yell accessories on; by the way, here's the female variant which is never battled but can be found standing around in Spikemuth), and the Hammerlocke Gym Trainers, since they look like they could be students from the nearby Hammerlocke University doing part-time work.

And I genuinely love all of the Gym Leaders. My favorite is Raihan but you couldn't go wrong with any of them.

Hey, we don't all look like we just got back from the auditions for Trainspotting.

:ROFLMAO:

I worried that that was too broad, but look, I am unholy nuclear waste when it comes to identifying fashion trends. But it is one that I feel like I see fairly commonly on young men in the UK. :p

Allister is a babby ghost son and he's adorabubble.
I really like the rivals in the game, especially Bede and Marnie. The only one that I don't care about is Hop.
Oh, and Piers is a great character; Team Yell could've been written better, but he and his sis make up for it.

As for... actual trainer class NPCs... the Backpacker is cute in the dorky sense. Something about her smile just sorta strikes the right chord with me. I also like the Doctor and how exhausted he is; he's just one tired boy.

For Gym Leaders Raihan, Nessa, Kabu, and Melony have my favorite designs. Leon has a nice design and his character is fun, making him my new favorite Champion.

For the rivals Hop and Bede are great, Marnie is meh; personally I'm not too keen on her hairstyle though her outfit is really cute.

As for trainer classes my favorites would have to be Dancer, Backpacker, and male Doctor.

For Gym Leaders Raihan, Nessa, Kabu, and Melony have my favorite designs. Leon has a nice design and his character is fun, making him my new favorite Champion.

For the rivals Hop and Bede are great, Marnie is meh; personally I'm not too keen on her hairstyle though her outfit is really cute.

As for trainer classes my favorites would have to be Dancer, Backpacker, and male Doctor.
Yes, they are great characters. Especially Leon.

Another cool detail about many of the Trainer classes this gen is that their clothes often sport logos from the various Poké Jobs and company brands in the region. The Workers wearing hard hats with the Timburr Builders logo, Dancer wearing a DENSOKU brand cap, etc.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom