• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

Not being able to catch a fainted Pokemon!

Why??? It's right there, unconscious, why can't I catch it? That makes no sense!

Not being able to easily figure out your dream point total in the DW. :X

Am I missing something? I know you can roughly estimate how much dream points you earned in a single run from having the cursor over your pokemon, but...

Not really trivial, but I hate natures. I just checked my Galvantula's stats and found out it had a higher physical attack than its special attack due to its nature.

I fucking hate how broken the version-exclusive Pokémon distribution is in Generation V. I mean, EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN POKÉMON I WANT CAN BE FOUND ONLY IN WHITE. I want Scyther, only in White, I want Elekid, only in White, I want Magby, only in White, I want Togepi, only in White, I want Mareep, only in White, FFFFFFFUUUUUUU-

I fucking hate how broken the version-exclusive Pokémon distribution is in Generation V. I mean, EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN POKÉMON I WANT CAN BE FOUND ONLY IN WHITE. I want Scyther, only in White, I want Elekid, only in White, I want Magby, only in White, I want Togepi, only in White, I want Mareep, only in White, FFFFFFFUUUUUUU-

... Then buy White version?

I shouldn't have to buy White version. I mean, Black should have some of those Pokémon too. Magby for Black and Elekid for White, for example. It's extremely unbalanced >__>

I shouldn't have to buy White version. I mean, Black should have some of those Pokémon too. Magby for Black and Elekid for White, for example. It's extremely unbalanced >__>

Not really, those Pokemon have been counterparts or version exclusives before this.

On topic, you can't move more than one Pokemon in the box at a time, I'm so glad this was fixed in BW2.

I agree, I got Black because I wanted Reshiram and Tornadus. Tornadus because I've always wanted a pure flying type, and Reshiram, as I think the story in White is odd, with the hero being in black and the villain getting the white one. I associate White with good, black with bad. Yes i know its different in Japan.

But every other damn good Pokemon, Solosis line, Braviary line etc are all in White.

Also absoultely hated why they made Staryu version exlusive in FRLG when it wasn't in Red and Blue. The whole idea was to recreate your team, I got FireRed as I got Red, but couldn't get Staryu (couldn't get LeafGreen as wanted Growlithe) had to get my brother to trade me a Staryu egg he completed the game long before me.

Also Johto not having as many Johto Pokemon.

Falkner - all Kanto
Bugsy - all Kanto
Whitney - 1 kanto, 1 killer cow
Morty - all Kanto
Chuck - all Kanto
Jasmine - 2 rubbish Kanto, 1 awesome Johto
Pryce - think it was 3 Kanto, 1 Johto (Piloswine)
Claire - 3 Kanto, 1 Johto

Houndour not available til the end in Pallet, he was the only decent fire type if you didn't get Cyndaquil,

And finally, anything that RSE came up with.

Not really, those Pokemon have been counterparts or version exclusives before this.

On topic, you can't move more than one Pokemon in the box at a time, I'm so glad this was fixed in BW2.

Yes, they've always been counterparts, but each one was available in one version and unavailable in the other. Now, both are unavailable in Black, while both are available in White. How is this not unfair?!

I agree, I got Black because I wanted Reshiram and Tornadus. Tornadus because I've always wanted a pure flying type, and Reshiram, as I think the story in White is odd, with the hero being in black and the villain getting the white one. I associate White with good, black with bad. Yes i know its different in Japan.

But every other damn good Pokemon, Solosis line, Braviary line etc are all in White.

Also absoultely hated why they made Staryu version exlusive in FRLG when it wasn't in Red and Blue. The whole idea was to recreate your team, I got FireRed as I got Red, but couldn't get Staryu (couldn't get LeafGreen as wanted Growlithe) had to get my brother to trade me a Staryu egg he completed the game long before me.

Also Johto not having as many Johto Pokemon.

Falkner - all Kanto
Bugsy - all Kanto
Whitney - 1 kanto, 1 killer cow
Morty - all Kanto
Chuck - all Kanto
Jasmine - 2 rubbish Kanto, 1 awesome Johto
Pryce - think it was 3 Kanto, 1 Johto (Piloswine)
Claire - 3 Kanto, 1 Johto

Houndour not available til the end in Pallet, he was the only decent fire type if you didn't get Cyndaquil,

And finally, anything that RSE came up with.

I bought Black just because I always buy the first version. For example, in Gold and Silver, I bought Gold. In Ruby and Sapphire, I bought Ruby. In Diamond and Pearl, I got Diamond, and so it goes. Also, I bought Black because I like Reshiram more than Zekrom. It's not fair :mad:

Last edited:
Those Pokemon you listed are from the white forest. Which is extremely broken in it's own right. There's almost no way you can get every Pokemon availible unless you have a group of friends that all play Pokemon BW. I don't really count those as version exclusives.

The shiny Oddish being all green head to toe. I mean, yeah it's a seedling... and it has the ability Chlorophyll and all.... but... it looks trippy.

Also, the second generation Bellossom having a purple dress instead of the current green-and-yellow one. wut.

Yes, they've always been counterparts, but each one was available in one version and unavailable in the other. Now, both are unavailable in Black, while both are available in White. How is this not unfair?!

Black City is focused on Battles while White Forest is focused on Captures, so if White Forest just had Pokémon you can find in Black it wouldn't make much sense since Black City would still have battles you can't do in White. You don't need to follow a pattern, and I'm pretty sure you shouldn't buy a version because of one Pokémon if you wanted, like, five from the other version '-'

I'm also extremely happy with how the version exclusives had turned out to be with White. I mean, every Pokémon I wanted was in one version, which means I don't need to complete Black too? Yey c: (Though White 2 makes it even better since my entire team is in there except for Typhlosion)

That there isn't some sort of lock option just in case you accesdentally release your Pokemon.

Here are a couple of things that annoy me.

So there is an an event and I get a super-cool event legendary. Then I find out I can't use it online OR on the Battle Subway. I mean, where else would it be more useful and practical to use it?! I guess I'll have to confine it to the PC box, since I don't have any friends who play Pokémon online.

And trading sucks. You can't trade for a Pokémon you haven't seen, which shatters any possible dreams of obtaining event legendaries outside of events. Not like you can trade anyway, since most people ask for a lv. 9-or-under Dialga or something stupid like that...

pokmonoakeysensesaretin.jpg

'Nuff said. Actually, I haven't played enough of the games to have a true pet peeve.

Diglett cave. Every step you encounter a Diglett/Dugtrio, they lock you in the battle, and they have strong enough moves to take out one of your Pokemon, making the journey through almost entirely luck-based.

How long it takes for the actual battle to start. First the animation, then the cutscene... I mean, come on.

The fact that you can't get run at the start of the game. Why in the world would you need running shoes to run? Can't you just run in normal shoes? Oh and also how whenever you need to go somewhere wild Pokémon pop up EVERYWHERE, then when you don't need to go somewhere and you're training they DON'T SHOW UP. What the- ? Pokémon logic...sometimes it just seems so illogical.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom