• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What type of gym would your city have?

This is a cool thread. Well, what type would suburban Florida lend itself to the most? My town is technically land-locked, but even then, it's really close to the beach (everything is close to the beach in Florida), it rains a lot (it rains a lot everywhere in Florida), it borders a State Park that contains the biggest alligators I've ever seen in my life, and it's the location of the only natural hot spring in the whole state of Florida, so the first thing that comes to my mind is Water.

Where I live right now it's mostly rolling hills and hot. There is not much water(rain too) but it does get windy. I would say ground with Pokemon that have a fire as a secondary type or dual ground/ fire.

I am temporarily living in Athens, GA for college and it could be so many things, Grass, Normal, Fighting, but I would push for Fairy since my college's mascot is a bulldog...I mean Granbull. Then again with all the inter university colleges each specializing in something it could cover every type lol

I'm in a south east Iowa town, that lives on a river and it was made because of a fort built there burned down by Indians, but the areas very farm eccentric. I'd say either grass or water.

I live in Charlotte, NC, and this is such a thinker. Um um um I'm gonna go with... flying type!

I live in Charlotte, NC, and this is such a thinker. Um um um I'm gonna go with... flying type!

Personally, I see Charlotte with a Fighting-type gym, given how big pro wrestling was in the Carolinas during the territorial days. Ric Flair's from there, after all.

Personally, I see Charlotte with a Fighting-type gym, given how big pro wrestling was in the Carolinas during the territorial days. Ric Flair's from there, after all.

Wow now all I can think about is the lotto commercials with Ric Flair. o_O Fighting was also a thought that I had! The wrestling thing didn't even occur to me, though.

Flying won out because we have so much diversity here (and if you think about it flying types are pretty abundant and diverse, especially once you get into secondary types) and because we have so much beautiful nature... including lots of native raptors and corvids. Not to mention the banking industry here. I feel like the corporate attitude is all about flying higher and faster.

Ice
Porto Alegre, the southern city of Brazil is cold, and near mountains.

I used to live in Pittsburgh. That would definitely have a Steel type Gym.

The football team is the Steelers, the local beer is Iron City Beer, the steel mills all used to be in Pittsburgh, it has two great Engineering schools (Pitt's Swanson School of Engineering and Carnegie Mellon), the list goes on.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom