• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What types and abilities would you want if you could change Gigantamax forms before game realese?(speculation)

Matleo

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
I would make Charizard and Meowth secondary type ghost. Charizard Levitate.
Meowth cursed body.

Butterfree bug/psychic, dazzling

Pikachu, Thick Fat,

Evee , fluffy or that infautation induction ability

Drednaw, water/rock but with Multiscale
Even if dragon or steel would fit better in that form.

Corviknight would gain Lightningrod with its extra steel elements.

3 turns... So imense power buff? Would rather get type and ability change too.

Like I said in the other thread, I wouldn't change anything type wise. They get supersized and have bits of them change but for the most part they don't really change themselves much from their base form. Pikachu got fat. Eevee's fluff got flipped upside down and looks fluffier. Meowth got taffy pulled. Charizard is now more on fire. The Galaran ones so far are just [Pokemon], but bigger.

You know, it wasn't meant to be, but that is exactly what I was picturing pretty much.

at least you could write about your wishesh... frst people wanted to replace Megas with G-max and now when I ask about changes they are like this... why?

I hated megas too. I hate all the battle gimmicks that popped up in the past three generations.

But since I don't want to upset you, I'll tell you some wishes I've come up with.

What I'd like is, if they want to change battles, give us more move slots. Like even one more could be more interesting. Make more natural field effects or random items that aren't just buffering pokemon of the wrong type with damage. Like starting a battle in super tall grass would lower both the accuracy of your pokemon and the opposing wild pokemon. That could be avoided with a flying type pokemon that could be flying over the grass to have a better advantage, or having a pokemon use Odor Sleuth to allow them to locate their prey. Of course, pokemon without eyes like roggenrolla would be immune from this. Say you're in a forest and step into a pokemon's web, you can't switch out pokemon unless your pokemon uses a mode that would cut or burn itself free. Things like that! If you wanna give me something to strategize about make it something that I'll actually think about instead of using a mega evolution or z move just because there's no kill like overkill.

The random background items in X and Y you could interact with using certain moves should come back! could be cute to be in battle and have a move go off that like shatters a nearby log and out pops another pokemon. Use a wind-based move when there's a honeycomb visible in a tree behind you and, while there's a chance you just get honey, there's a chance Beedrill, Combee, or Vespiquen to pop out and join the battle!

I hated megas too. I hate all the battle gimmicks that popped up in the past three generations.

But since I don't want to upset you, I'll tell you some wishes I've come up with.

What I'd like is, if they want to change battles, give us more move slots. Like even one more could be more interesting. Make more natural field effects or random items that aren't just buffering pokemon of the wrong type with damage. Like starting a battle in super tall grass would lower both the accuracy of your pokemon and the opposing wild pokemon. That could be avoided with a flying type pokemon that could be flying over the grass to have a better advantage, or having a pokemon use Odor Sleuth to allow them to locate their prey. Of course, pokemon without eyes like roggenrolla would be immune from this. Say you're in a forest and step into a pokemon's web, you can't switch out pokemon unless your pokemon uses a mode that would cut or burn itself free. Things like that! If you wanna give me something to strategize about make it something that I'll actually think about instead of using a mega evolution or z move just because there's no kill like overkill.

The random background items in X and Y you could interact with using certain moves should come back! could be cute to be in battle and have a move go off that like shatters a nearby log and out pops another pokemon. Use a wind-based move when there's a honeycomb visible in a tree behind you and, while there's a chance you just get honey, there's a chance Beedrill, Combee, or Vespiquen to pop out and join the battle!

Dynamax and Gigantamax got you 4 extra moves with many extra effects like casting weather and changing stats, when used right for 3 turns.
You can use like 7 moves out of 8 if you do it right. (if they would add them type and ability change would be great, power is not everything and would help take adbantage of those 3 turns realy for specific situations)
Immunity to flinching. A pokemon will have 4 moves+ form change 4 moves with effect change...

Take that G-move Wild Fire, is like using Fire Blast and Fire Spin in one turn without wasting a turn for recharging.

Megas type and ability change that last till a pokemon fainst and gains +100 BST.

Z-moves very powerfull and effect changes and possibility to use multiple time by other teammates.

Now we would need only a mechanic that fuses pokemon.
A mechanic that allows you not only type and ability but to change the type of your moves or create a seperate moveset when "transformed" with moves from other types

I understand your point Odur sleuth , but with tall grass some small and grass,bug pokes would hide better from flying types, also tall grass would reduce damage for the one hiding in it.

I don't care about ability changes and stat boosts. I prefer my pokemon on their natural merits as opposed to making them hold a dumb shiny rock that lets them get over-designed for a battle.

Z-Moves are just flashy overkills moves. I literally never needed to use them. I only used them when I felt like 'the story would want me to use this here', 'I want to overkill this worm with a flying type move because I might as well use this stupid held item', or in vein of the last thing... to make sure Ultra Necrozma was deader than dead so my poor Incineroar didn't have to keep magically pulling through with one HP because he loves me so much.

Also big N to the O for fusing pokemon. No. NO. GOD NO. NO GOD PLEASE NO. The last thing we need is Gamefreak going "we gave you guys new starter pokemon for the new games! That's all the new ones besides the legendaries. But here's 180 cherry picked specific fusions you can create! And since we can't start anywhere but #001, 90% of them are gen 1 pairs! Also Pikachu will get a total of 9 pairings with different pokemon because LOL PIKACHU IS BEST WE LOVE HIM."

Small pokemon and Grass type pokemon make sense to having an advantage if a pokemon's in the air since they'd be able to hide better. But grass doesn't always save bugs from their predators IRL. There's no way the bigger bugs would be made safer just because they have bug typings. Also there's no reason for tall grass to reduce damage for a pokemon in it. I've been in waist high grass and I'll have you know a large dog knocking me on my butt hit me just as hard as if that grass had been cut short. It's grass, not steel.

Also big N to the O for fusing pokemon. No. NO. GOD NO. NO GOD PLEASE NO. The last thing we need is Gamefreak going "we gave you guys new starter pokemon for the new games! That's all the new ones besides the legendaries. But here's 180 cherry picked specific fusions you can create! And since we can't start anywhere but #001, 90% of them are gen 1 pairs! Also Pikachu will get a total of 9 pairings with different pokemon because LOL PIKACHU IS BEST WE LOVE HIM."

not all, imgine Plusle and Minum, some new ones , maybe Volbeat and Illumise? and some others.
This would avoid starters from previous generations and be a gimmick added to Megas ,Gigantamax...
A double or triple battle thing rather. For some would be worth it.
I could even imagine a new move or ability to trigger double battles during regular one on one battles, that lasts 4 turns and then switches pokemon out depending on order in the party.

I would avoid starters with this one and give them something totaly else.

You never worked in the field and cut grass? you never saw realy tall grass and tried to run through it? you know how it affects speed?
also there are tall grass that is easy to cut when its dry and tall grass that is harder to cut when its wet...
Try to punch Your way fast through tall grass thats human sized, thats why we use machines to do it this days.

Volbeat and Illumise are basically just male and female versions of the same pokemon family tree. Like male and female nido lines. And its really likely with Game Freak's track record that they'd give gen 1 pokemon the most attention.

My dude. I lived in a very crappy living situation as a younger kid. My mom had heavy depression and didn't do things like mow the grass for long periods of time during one of her spells. The grass got as tall as me when I was in early elementary school. The biggest problem I had with the grass in my yard was the weeds with thorns and other sharp bits. And the thorns shed from the nearby trees. The grass itself just made me feel itchy when I pushed through it.

Unless you've got some crazy grass where you live, the biggest threat to you moving fast from grass itself is if you trip over a clump of it. Also of course punching through grass won't do anything. You have to cut grass to remove it. Alternatively you can just push it down with something large. Kind of like how some people faked crop circles in certain cases. Grass isn't that big a deal. I think you're confusing tall grass with forest underbrush which usually includes more robust plant growth than the common weed that is grass. Usually it contains fallen logs, trees, roots, bush plants, and other thicker stemmed plants which would realistically make it more difficult to quickly traverse.

Volbeat and Illumise are basically just male and female versions of the same pokemon family tree. Like male and female nido lines. And its really likely with Game Freak's track record that they'd give gen 1 pokemon the most attention.

My dude. I lived in a very crappy living situation as a younger kid. My mom had heavy depression and didn't do things like mow the grass for long periods of time during one of her spells. The grass got as tall as me when I was in early elementary school. The biggest problem I had with the grass in my yard was the weeds with thorns and other sharp bits. And the thorns shed from the nearby trees. The grass itself just made me feel itchy when I pushed through it.

Unless you've got some crazy grass where you live, the biggest threat to you moving fast from grass itself is if you trip over a clump of it. Also of course punching through grass won't do anything. You have to cut grass to remove it. Alternatively you can just push it down with something large. Kind of like how some people faked crop circles in certain cases. Grass isn't that big a deal. I think you're confusing tall grass with forest underbrush which usually includes more robust plant growth than the common weed that is grass. Usually it contains fallen logs, trees, roots, bush plants, and other thicker stemmed plants which would realistically make it more difficult to quickly traverse.

Ok, sorry for your mom. still even lawn mowers and other tech have problems with tall graws, even animals have problems with it... used for camouflage, full of insects... you can cut legs on it if running to fast , try to throw a ball into bumbs of tall grass, realy tall gras where there was never cut before by humans regularly.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom