• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What types do you think Ash will have on his SV team or which types do you want him to have (No names please to avoid spoilers, just typings)

Reaction score
So this title is self-explanatory.

Assuming Ash goes to the SV region, which Pokemon types do you think he will have on his team.

Considering he has skipped Fire, Grass and Water in a generation since gen 6, i think its likely all three will be on the team at the same time again.

Ash has never skipped a Flying type on his team, either as a regional bird or otherwise. So its likely he gets one here as well (Although i hope they skip it this time around).

Taking into consideration Ground has been on the team last in Unova, i can see him getting a Ground type in SV.

I hope he skips Fighting at least, since we are getting oversaturated with the typing, same as with Flying.

I personally hope for a Pure Normal type for him, since he is overdue for another one, to go alongside Snorlax and Tauros and that is serves as either the ace or the secondary ace of the team.

For all i care, they skip Dragon as well, since he has gotten 4 in the last three generations (With 2 of them being Psuedo's).

Bug type is a must have. I used to think that was his fav type back then..

If Ash remains on the show, honestly whether he goes to the new region or not, I'd like for him to catch a fairy-type since he hasn't used one on a team yet.

Truthfully, I'm least concerned about the types Ash owns and more concerned over Ash actually catching some new Pokemon this time around (assuming he sticks around).

Grass, Fairy, Normal are the three types I would like Ash to have

• Grass, didn't have one in JN and no one even knows a grass move so getting that would be cool since ifs been a generation (doesn't mean I want him to have the starter)
  • Fairy, outside of Mr. Mime Ash doesn't have a fairy and I think enough time has passed to now give Ash the type that was previously associated with girls and cuteness and etc
  • Normal, it's been a while since he has had a normal type and excluding the birds like Staraptor and Unfezant it's been since Snorlax and Tauros
But yeah it depends more on the Pokemon in SV, as if nothing fits Ash that have those types then it doesn't matter

What a Pokémon brings to the main cast is not at all dependent on its type, for me it doesn’t really matter what type of Pokémon Ash gets, the design and personality does. The type doesn’t matter in any sense other than the moves it can use; even that isn’t guaranteed because sometimes the writing team just decides to ignore one of the STABs.

As far as there’s no oversaturation of one type, it’s too early to say right now. I really, really do hope they don’t skip out on fire this time as it’s my favourite type though.

Electric (no surprise there. That Pikachu goes EVERYWHERE with him.)

Grass/Fire/Water (The last time Ash had all three Starters of a region he was in was in Unova, I want to see him get all the Paldean Starters too)

Fairy and/or Psychic (Because Ash definitely needs a Psychic and/or Fairy type of his own. I also kinda want to see Ash dressed as a Magical Girl in the Scarlet/Violet anime. I mean, Dawn, Chloe and Serena looked like Magical Girls when we saw them in Journeys, so why not? And besides, when was the last time Ash crossdressed in the anime?)

Normal (It has been so long since he caught a Normal type of any sort, be it a Normal/Flying Pokémon like his Pidgeot, Noctowl, Staraptor or Unfezant, or a pure Normal 'mon like Snorlax or Aipom)

Flying (He's caught at least one every generation so far. Pidgeotto, Butterfree and Charizard (1), Noctowl (2), Swellow (3), Staraptor and Gliscor (4), Unfezant (5), Talonflame, Hawlucha and Noivern (6), Rowlet (7), Dragonite (8). I'm sure there's a Flying type in Paldea that Ash can catch.)

Bug (the last time he had caught a Bug Pokémon that wasn't an Ultra Beast or he didn't give to someone else was in Unova)

I hope he catches one of those fiery humanoid ghosts. They look SO cool!

Fairy and/or Psychic (Because Ash definitely needs a Psychic and/or Fairy type of his own. I also kinda want to see Ash dressed as a Magical Girl in the Scarlet/Violet anime. I mean, Dawn, Chloe and Serena looked like Magical Girls when we saw them in Journeys, so why not? And besides, when was the last time Ash crossdressed in the anime?)
May I ask what the connection is here?

Anyways, I've said it in other threads but I actually miss his fire/water/grass core so I'm hoping he gets at least those three on his team this time. They don't even have to be the starters, either.

May I ask what the connection is here?
Simple, really.

Psychic and Fairy are the two mystical types of Pokémon and utilize powers not unlike a Magical Girl would.

Psychic types like Delphox and Hatterene are very witchlike, while Fairy types like Sylveon and Mega Audino look very much like they could be Magical Girl Pokémon in their own right.

Besides, I really like magical girls.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom