• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Types should B-Kyurem and W-Kyurem be?

What types should they be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Articwolf10

Reaction score
I'm honestly thinking Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric... and they'll get not only get Cold-Flare (W-Kyurem) and Freeze Shock (B-Kyurem). But Fusion-Flare and Blue Flare (W-Kyurem) and Fusion-Bolt and Bolt-Strike (B-Kyurem) what do you think?

They'll most likely be Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric..

Ice/Electric and Ice/Fire because they'd be new type combos.

Speaking of Ice/Fire...

stealth_rock_by_da_blue_monkey-d39sqhx.jpg

UNLEASH THE STEALTH ROCKS.

Ice/Electric and Ice/Fire because they'd be new type combos.

Speaking of Ice/Fire...

stealth_rock_by_da_blue_monkey-d39sqhx.jpg

UNLEASH THE STEALTH ROCKS.

Ho-oh is 4x's weak to SR and is still in Uber's (as a wall non the less) Plus Ice/Fire STAB would be frieken deadly those are the two of the best Offensive types around

Ho-oh is 4x's weak to SR and is still in Uber's (as a wall non the less) Plus Ice/Fire STAB would be frieken deadly those are the two of the best Offensive types around

Unlike Ho-Oh, current Kyurem is merely BL. Ice/Fire STAB might be awesome, but the maximum weakness to entry hazards will hold it back. There's also the fact that it's so-close-yet-so-far base 95 speed really hinders it, while Ice/Fire having numerous common weakness without extreme bulk to make up for them doesn't help either.

Unlike Ho-Oh, current Kyurem is merely BL. Ice/Fire STAB might be awesome, but the maximum weakness to entry hazards will hold it back. There's also the fact that it's so-close-yet-so-far base 95 speed really hinders it, while Ice/Fire having numerous common weakness without extreme bulk to make up for them doesn't help either.

125/95/95 is an excellent bulk however... Plus the formes could have a different BST then Kyurem does... he already has fantastic bulk and offensive stats (130/130 makes him a better attacker then his brothers since he's more balenced) You'd be hard pressed to OHKO him before he OHKO's you. espically if he does get Cold-Flare along with Blue Flare... he could also he a great check to Most of the Uber Dragon's... plus Rayquaza is 4x's weak to Ice... and he has worse bulk and has the same speed as Kyurem)

Oh wow I must be the only one who thinks this but I can't see them dropping the Dragon type for these formes. Plus Ice/Fire just...makes my head hurt a little.

I hope it'll be ice/fire and ice/electric, because those are definitely the most epic options.

It may still retain its Dragon/Ice typing because it still looks dragon-ish.

Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric.......why? They sound much more impressive and awesome than Dragon/Fire and Dragon/Electric

I really hope it wont lose its Dragon typing. Athough Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric would probably be awesome, Kyurem is still a dragon and I think it should stay Dragon/Ice. Ice/Fire would leave it too venerable to Stealth Rock anyway.

Is SR even used in Uber? Besides he has very good bulk (125/95/95) Amazing offensive stats (130/130) and he's just as fast as Rayquaza (95) Plus If he get's Reshi and Zek's Sig moves (Blue-Flare/Bolt-Strike) along with Cold-Flare (Why did they change it to Ice-Burn?) and Freeze-Bolt. He'd be pretty powerful...

Is SR even used in Uber?

Yes they are. Deoxys, Ferrothorn, and Tyranitar are the most common ones to summon SR in Ubers. But on the bright side, this will make Kyurem OU material rather than Uber, so I can finally use a non-uber endgame legendary in my team.

Ice/Fire, Ice Burn (Cold Flare) and Ice/Electric, Freeze Shock (Freeze Bolt) Unique combos that need to see the light of day.

Is SR even used in Uber?

Yes they are. Deoxys, Ferrothorn, and Tyranitar are the most common ones to summon SR in Ubers. But on the bright side, this will make Kyurem OU material rather than Uber, so I can finally use a non-uber endgame legendary in my team.

W-Kyurem would rape Ferrothorn... unless he had a damage reduction berry he would be slaughtered if W-Kyurem has a fire type attack (Possibly Blue-Flare...) Deoxys would probubly be OHKOed by a STAB attack since he's very frail outside of D-form and I'm not sure he could OHKO Kyurem before him... Kyurem's bulk is pretty good. Not sure about T-tar though... he won't like taking a Cold-Flare to the face

Actually he'd be a good counter to Garachomp... He has good Bulk and he could easily OHKO him if he get's a hit

Not sure about T-tar though... he won't like taking a Cold-Flare to the face

He would due to Sand Stream increasing his SpD and the fact that he can take neutral damage from an ice move. It's why SE moves more important, and Kyurem will be forced to use Focus Blast.

Not sure about T-tar though... he won't like taking a Cold-Flare to the face

He would due to Sand Stream increasing his SpD and the fact that he can take neutral damage from an ice move. It's why SE moves more important, and Kyurem will be forced to use Focus Blast.

Still if FB hits T-tar is dead... bu tI guess he would be the only one who could have a shot at setting up SR without being obliterated... Ferrothron and Deoyxs would both be OHKO'ed pretty easily

B/W Kyurem should both be Dragon monotype, take the secondary typing of the pokemon they represent (Dragon/Fire and Dragon/Electric), or else, Kyurem should maintain its typing. The forms can get Turboblaze or Teravolt (as well as, possibly, the unique moves of Reshiram and Zekrom), and those abilities could be modified to give Fire or Electric STAB to non-Fire and non-Electric pokemon.

That said, Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric with Turbloblaze/Teravolt abilities... all would be amazing, except for the SR vulnerabilities.

Still if FB hits T-tar is dead... bu tI guess he would be the only one who could have a shot at setting up SR without being obliterated... Ferrothron and Deoyxs would both be OHKO'ed pretty easily

I'm not sure you quite get how this is gonna work.

1. First and foremost, B-Kyurem and W-Kyurem will be tested out in standard play (where Stealth Rock is omnipresent,) so the Uber metagame won't really matter at all if W-Kyurem isn't found broken in standard play because of Stealth Rock.

As an aside, 125/90/90 defenses is pretty mediocre in Ubers, especially if you lose half your HP on the switch due to Stealth Rocks. Compare to some actual Uber walls like Lugia: 106/130/154, Ho-Oh: 106/90/154, Deoxys-D: 50/160/160 and Giratina: 150/120/120. Those are good defenses for Uber. Now compare to some other Uber Pokemon that aren't primarily walls. Groudon: 100/140/90, Kyogre: 100/90/140, Dialga: 100/120/100, Giratina-O: 150/100/100, Manaphy: 100/100/100 and an insanely better typing, Reshiram: 100/100/120, Zekrom: 100/120/100, and Arceus: 120/120/120

2. Regardless of it, none of the Stealth Rock users in either OU or Ubers will ever seriously face a W-Kyurem directly. They'll show up (probably on one of W-Kyurem's teammates whom they can wall/scare off,) set up and then proceed to either a) die or b) go back in reserve just in case they're needed later. In light of that, how easily W-Kyurem can kill them doesn't matter. They'll get to set up 90% of the time, screwing over W-Kyurem in the process, and then their job is done. They can die in peace. If nothing else, they'll probably set up on your switch to W-Kyurem. Assuming you kill them, they can summon their W-Kyurem check and force it out, meaning it'll be affected by SR when you switch it back in. There's a reason Charizard is stuck in RU even though it can easily KO Ferrothorn.

Anyway, for the topic. I'm kinda on the (apparently) less popular camp that wants it to remain Dragon/Ice. Failing that, I'd like a pure Dragon type Uber legendary for once.

Last edited:
Dragon/Ice. Theres no reason to change it's typing imo, not to mention I'd rather not see another Pokemon screwed over by Stealth Rocks. Like I explained earlier, Dragon is too important to drop, its apart of the legends in Unova and its a primary type of the Tao Trio.

If STAB is all people are wanting in regards to Fire/Electric there are ways that can be worked around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom