• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Types should B-Kyurem and W-Kyurem be?

What types should they be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said Dragon/Fire and Dragon/Electric because it seems to me that Kyurem is merely absorbing the traits of Reshiram or Zekrom with these forme changes. Now I'm not so sure if they are going with the Corpse theory, since Kyurem has two separate formes. Since Kyurem represents Wuji, then perhaps the state of Taiji is being reserved for the original dragon that Reshiram and Zekrom once were, thus making the original dragon the trio master (similar to what Arceus is to Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina). And because Kyurem represents Wuji (boundless and infinite), it is able to absorb these traits, but only to a certain extent (hence being the Boundary Pokemon).

I'm not sure if we'll ever see the original dragon, though, since that would require Reshiram and Zekrom to fuse (?) together once more.

@smalllady

I generally agree with your post, but the reason why I think he'll stay Dragon/Ice as opposed to gaining Fire/Electric is because of Freeze Shock & Ice Burn, which are Ice typed moves.

Yeah, I don't think they are going with the corpse theory either, he does really seem to just be absorbing their traits and borrowing their energy. I agree that Taiji is being saved for the Original Dragon. (Who will hopefully have a 720 BST)

I'm not sure if we'll ever see the original dragon, though, since that would require Reshiram and Zekrom to fuse (?) together once more.

Maybe we'll see it but it'll be unobtainable. Alternatively, the Pokedex conspicuously consists of 649 Pokemon. Given the retreaux style of Black and White (which would imply they'd like to end on an even 50) and the fact that Diamond and Pearl had no data for Giratina-O and Shaymin-S, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they added the original dragon as number 650 in BW2. Yes, I know it's a longshot, but GF is doing many unexpected things this generation, so I wouldn't rule it out completely just yet.

@smalllady

I generally agree with your post, but the reason why I think he'll stay Dragon/Ice as opposed to gaining Fire/Electric is because of Freeze Shock & Ice Burn, which are Ice typed moves.

Yeah, I don't think they are going with the corpse theory either, he does really seem to just be absorbing their traits and borrowing their energy. I agree that Taiji is being saved for the Original Dragon. (Who will hopefully have a 720 BST)

Hmmm yeah, now that I think about it, Dragon/Ice seems more likely. I guess my vote was just my gut reaction. Maybe absorbing Reshiram's or Zekrom's secondary type would be going too far, due to the limits I mentioned earlier.

Well I think its safe to say that since Kyurem cannot absorb both Reshiram's and Zekrom's traits at once, we can finally do away with the wretched Corpse theory.

I can see the dragon types just cancelling each other out and just being the reaming types.

Knowing GF, it'll probably remain Dragon/Ice.

But I'd rather have two new type combos, which seemingly seem to relate very closely to Dawn's special contest moves. Flame-Ice and Ice Chandelier anyone? Probably just a coincidence, or foreshadowing of the best design!

Either way, Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric would be awesome. Screw competitive battling, I'd just try to whack people with an awesome looking Pokemon with epic types.

As much as I would love Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric, I believe it will keep its original duel typing since the "hidden" moves Freeze Shock and Ice Burn are Ice Type moves, though it still sounds awesome.

I would definitely love to see an Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric typing for the sake of uniqueness (and the fact that said typings would be freaking awesome), but alternatively, they could probably just keep both forms as Dragon/Ice and include special moves that can burn/paralyze.

I am one of those people who believe that Kyurem will stay as a Dragon/Ice Pokemon, but instead of having little changes, I think that Kyurem's other forms will grant it new attacks they could only learn, like those strong Fire and Electric attacks. It's not new for different forms to learn different moves: Deoxys-D can only learn Spikes, Deoxys-S can only learn Extreme Speed and some others.

Thanks for reading.

Dragon / ice. I don't see a typing change. But those forms will have an ability which makes up for it.

I think Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric would be cool, so those.

Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric because the new ones are part Kyurem and part Reshiram/Zekrom. Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric keep Kyurem's Ice, but they also add Reshiram and Zekrom's types. Also because those types are cooler.

How would a dragon merging with other dragons result into something that's no longer a dragon?

As long as it retains a dragon type I'm cool with everything, but Dragon/Ice seems the most logical.

How would a dragon merging with other dragons result into something that's no longer a dragon?

As long as it retains a dragon type I'm cool with everything, but Dragon/Ice seems the most logical.

Except the trailer clearly shows it using Fire moves when it White Forme, Charizard is a dragon but doesnt have dragon typing

Except the trailer clearly shows it using Fire moves when it White Forme, Charizard is a dragon but doesnt have dragon typing

Obviously I was referring to the typing. Charizard is not dragon and has never been dragon. And move-types say nothing about the pokémon type, Eruption used to be Groudon's signature move (sorta), while it's clearly not a fire-type.

Obviously I was referring to the typing. Charizard is not dragon and has never been dragon. And move-types say nothing about the pokémon type, Eruption used to be Groudon's signature move (sorta), while it's clearly not a fire-type.

The Weather Trio don't have a Sig move... Eruption more connected with Typlosion I think... and Charizard is a dragon technically... he is in the Dragon Egg Group and certinly looks draconic. He would still be a Dragon but just wouldn't hae the Dragon type... besides Ice/Fire Ice/Electric are epic... plus he was shown using Fire and Electric moves in the trailer..

The Weather Trio don't have a Sig move...

They had sort of. It was only shared by one other pokémon.

Eruption more connected with Typlosion I think...

In gen III Typhlosion had no way of learning it. So no.

and Charizard is a dragon technically... he is in the Dragon Egg Group and certinly looks draconic. He would still be a Dragon but just wouldn't hae the Dragon type...

Does Charizard have a dragon typing? No? Then he's not dragon. How hard is it? I'm not talking about aesthetics, just about types.

plus he was shown using Fire and Electric moves in the trailer..

Your predecessor already used that argument, and I told him why it doesn't mean anything in the post you just quoted. Different example, Manaphy's signature move (heart swap) is psychic. Does that mean it's a psychic type pokémon? No. Just because the forms use fire/electric moves doesn't mean they're fire/electric types.

If Ice/Electric is so epic, go fawn over Rotom-F, since that's existed for over a year now and nobody has ever seemed to care that it's Ice/Electric - but now it's Kyurem it's suddenly such a huge deal and an amazing typing. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom