• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Types should B-Kyurem and W-Kyurem be?

What types should they be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ice/Electric is so epic, go fawn over Rotom-F, since that's existed for over a year now and nobody has ever seemed to care that it's Ice/Electric - but now it's Kyurem it's suddenly such a huge deal and an amazing typing. :/

You know, I had completely forgotten about Rotom-F until you said something :( From how everyone on here had been talking, it would make you think that Ice/Electric had never been done before.

The typings aren't even that great imo, Ice/Fire is just poor defensively, and them dropping their Dragon typing just wouldn't make any sense story wise.

No way. They shouldn't even touch the idea of triple types with a fifty-foot pole.

If Ice/Electric is so epic, go fawn over Rotom-F, since that's existed for over a year now and nobody has ever seemed to care that it's Ice/Electric - but now it's Kyurem it's suddenly such a huge deal and an amazing typing. :/

Oh yeah... I forgot about the Rotom formes... I kinda wished they stayed ghost honestly... I think Kyurem would fit the type better... it's meh on Rotom but it'd be epic on Kyurem

Rotom-F is a haunted refrigerator.

Kyurem-B is a savage husk of a once-great being who has now assimilated half of the power that was lost long ago. Also, legendary mascot.

THAT is why I and others are fawning over Ice/Electric Kyurem-B while forgetting about Rotom-F.

Rotom-F is a haunted refrigerator.

Kyurem-B is a savage husk of a once-great being who has now assimilated half of the power that was lost long ago. Also, legendary mascot.

THAT is why I and others are fawning over Ice/Electric Kyurem-B while forgetting about Rotom-F.

That's pretty much irrelevant. If the typing is so incredible people should be/should have been hyped over Rotom-F which no one is/was. It's irrelevant what the design of each pokemon is based on, because people are saying the typing is going to be so awesome not the design.

I honestly do not understand whats so great about Ice/Fire or Ice/Electric. Don't people understand that the best thing for Kyurem is to keep its Dragon/Ice typing and gain abilities that give him STAB on Fire/Electric?

That is the far better option, and the one that makes the most logical sense. Dropping Dragon doesn't make any sense, and from what I can tell his formes look very much like Dragons to me, arguably more like actual Dragons than Reshiram/Zekrom ever did. (Just not as pretty/elegant though)

I honestly do not understand whats so great about Ice/Fire or Ice/Electric. Don't people understand that the best thing for Kyurem is to keep its Dragon/Ice typing and gain abilities that give him STAB on Fire/Electric?

That is the far better option, and the one that makes the most logical sense. Dropping Dragon doesn't make any sense, and from what I can tell his formes look very much like Dragons to me, arguably more like actual Dragons than Reshiram/Zekrom ever did. (Just not as pretty/elegant though)

Well look at Charizard? He certianlly looks like a Dragon (definitly more than friken Alteria) and he isn't actually a dragon... but that would be a good idea... better than Pressure at any rate

Well look at Charizard? He certianlly looks like a Dragon (definitly more than friken Alteria) and he isn't actually a dragon... but that would be a good idea... better than Pressure at any rate

Charizard doesn't matter to the discussion. Unlike Reshiram/Zekrom he didn't start out as a Dragon type do he didn't lose anything. They are "true" dragons while Charizard is not. Dragon is too central and too important to change, but abilities that give STAB (upgraded Turboblaze/Teravolt) is what I'm expecting.

Dragon is Kyurem's primary typing. I could maybe see dropping it if it were it's secondary typing, but why would they drop it's primary type?

Rotom's primary typing isn't Ghost, but Electric. It drops it's secondary type, Ghost, when it changes formes.

Ice/Electric and Ice/Fire because they'd be new type combos.

Speaking of Ice/Fire...

stealth_rock_by_da_blue_monkey-d39sqhx.jpg

UNLEASH THE STEALTH ROCKS.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the annoying little enemy in Super Mario Galaxy?

And I'll say what most people think. Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric.

It's going to be Dragon/Ice, only given those signature (Ice-type) moves found in the coding. Chances are White Kyurem will also be able to learn fire-type moves and Black Kyurem will be given electric-type moves as well, and their stats will be upgraded, but that's it.

If White Kyurem is Fire/Ice, and Black Kyurem is Electric/Ice, then there had better be a Gray Kyurem that's still Dragon/Ice or something, but we all know that won't happen either.

I think I'll go with the majority here... Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric. Seems most likely, because they'll want to show it's both Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom.

a dragon/ice combination would be nice. That way it won't have a weakness to ice type moves.

a dragon/ice combination would be nice. That way it won't have a weakness to ice type moves.

Kyurem already is Dragon/Ice. Also, anything combined with Fire will already not be weak to Ice. That said, my vote is still for Dragon/Ice.

To be honest, I can't see them being anything other than Ice/Dragon with movepool changes. They still have that sort of... draconic feel to them, so I don't feel that Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric would make sense. Obviously, dragon-like qualities are not a clear indicator of a Pokemon's type - Charizard and Gyarados have shown us this - however, I doubt that there would be a forme change which would change the Dragon type on a Pokemon after making it look... well, more like a dragon. Triple typings aren't practical either, imo. This leaves Fire/Dragon and Electric/Dragon, which are in my opinion the most likely next to Dragon/Ice. Yet it seems to me as if the Ice-typing still plays an important role... after all, Kyurem-W and Kyurem-B are partially covered in ice (for some reason I have to say this doesn't necessarily mean that it will be Ice-typed), and so I am hesitant to say that they will have the same type combinations as Reshiram and Zekrom, respectively. Ice/Dragon therefore seems to me to be the most reasonable typing for them.

I realize that my reasoning is likely fallacious, forgive me. I'm indifferent as to what type Kyu-(B/W) will be, and I cursorily composed this in about ten minutes. The optimist in me hopes that they attain Resh/Zek's typings, but I doubt it. If by chance my guess is proven incorrect, I'll gladly admit it. Until then, however, I don't think we can know.

Last edited:
While I'd like to think that it'll be Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric, I wouldn't be surprised if it kept it's Dragon/Ice typing and simply got an ability to give stab to Fire/Electric moves and a movepool change.

Im thinking of maybe a triple type. Sounds weird but you never know.

I reckon, if it is ice/fire and ice/electric the Kyurem will have an ability to make Dragon moves STAB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom