• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Types should B-Kyurem and W-Kyurem be?

What types should they be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragon/Ice tbqfh. Since Kyurem is a dragon pokemon, I doubt they will drop the Dragon typing.

I'd say just Ice/Dragon. It makes sense, they're still Dragons and the idea of Ice/Fire would be absurd. I can't imagine them keeping their original typings for Reshiram/Zekrom. Maybe if not Ice/Dragon, then Fire/Electric and Electric/Fire? I doubt it, though.

I'd say just Ice/Dragon. It makes sense, they're still Dragons and the idea of Ice/Fire would be absurd. I can't imagine them keeping their original typings for Reshiram/Zekrom. Maybe if not Ice/Dragon, then Fire/Electric and Electric/Fire? I doubt it, though.

We have a Dark/Fighting Pokemon now... two complete oppisates in one type so Fire/Ice wouldn;t be to absurd

We have a Dark/Fighting Pokemon now... two complete oppisates in one type so Fire/Ice wouldn;t be to absurd

I'm pretty sure he (like everyone else) is referring to the Stealth Rock weakness.

On the other hand, I think, Caprizant is referring to the fact that Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric make less sense since the new Kyurem formes are clearly draconic in appearance.

On the other hand, I think, Caprizant is referring to the fact that Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric make less sense since the new Kyurem formes are clearly draconic in appearance.

I would mention the whole "Charizard/Gyarados are dragons that aren't Dragon types yet Altaria is" thing in a 400 page essay, but that has been beaten to death already.
Still, Ice/Electric would be an awesome typing, so I'm not surprised for the hope.

That's not my point. Dark/Fightning would make sense, I can think of many possible Pokémon designs for the typing. However, when could you find Ice and Fire together naturally, besides fire melting ice? I'm not talking about the contrast in defenses and offenses, I'm talking about the difference in origin. I see no reason for Ice/Fire to be a typing.

Igloos, pun of freezer burn, or just plain irony.

Igloo Pokémon—how do they move?
Freezer burn—I admit that one's alright, but I don't see how it would work. A freezer on fire?
Plain irony—that one's just ridiculous.

Besides, I see no evidence of these in White Kyurem's design. My bets would be on a part Dragon type.

Besides, I see no evidence of these in White Kyurem's design.

I find that an odd statement considering White Kyurem is Reshiram and Kyurem combined. Reshiram is part Fire type despite not looking like a fire type, so why must a design stop White Kyurem from also being able to use fire?

Also look at the poster for the 15th movie:

M15_poster.png

Note how White Kyurem is engulfed in fire and Black Kyurem surrounded in electricity. It may not guarantee the Ice/Fire and Ice/Elec type, but at least it proves they are capable of fire and electric based moves.

Besides, I see no evidence of these in White Kyurem's design.

I find that an odd statement considering White Kyurem is Reshiram and Kyurem combined. Reshiram is part Fire type despite not looking like a fire type, so why must a design stop White Kyurem from also being able to use fire?

Also look at the poster for the 15th movie:

View attachment 62286

Note how White Kyurem is engulfed in fire and Black Kyurem surrounded in electricity. It may not guarantee the Ice/Fire and Ice/Elec type, but at least it proves they are capable of fire and electric based moves.

I never said they weren't capable of both. What I said is I see no evidence of the influence of igloos, freezer burn, or irony in White Kyurem's design.

I'm sure they'll have Abilities to cover the Dragon or Fire/Electric type somehow.

I would mention the whole "Charizard/Gyarados are dragons that aren't Dragon types yet Altaria is" thing in a 400 page essay, but that has been beaten to death already.
Still, Ice/Electric would be an awesome typing, so I'm not surprised for the hope.

There are no Dragon legends dedicated to Charizard/Gyarados so that argument is void. There is a whole city that is based around the dragon type and the legends of the Tao Trio (Opelucid) not to mention the numerous quotes ingame about them being Dragons. Before anyone trys to counter with "there are no legends about Kyurem yet aside from Lacunosa Town herpderp" Kyurem's primary typing is Dragon, and he uses the genes of two other primary Dragon types for his formes.

Why is there hope when it has already been done? Since no one cares about Rotom-F I doubt another Ice/Electric would be anything amazing, and since no one cares that Ice/Fire is a horrible typing then I am wondering where this "hope" is coming from.

Them dropping their primary typing of Dragon makes zero sense, and its honestly not happening. Looking at some of the theories of Kyurem's typing floating around its like people want him to be bad. The best thing for Kyurem is to keep his Dragon/Ice typing and gain abilities or revamp of abilities that allow STAB for Fire/Electric. Every other option I've seen other than this is borderline trolling imo.

I can't decide which is worse; when people argue for RSE remakes in Gen V or when people argue for Kyurem's formes to be Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric.

I think they should be Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric because in Generation V Rotom's other forms replace it's Ghost type with the type of their form exclusive moves.

That's because Ghost is it's secondary typing, which I already mentioned here:

Dragon is Kyurem's primary typing. I could maybe see dropping it if it were it's secondary typing, but why would they drop it's primary type?

Rotom's primary typing isn't Ghost, but Electric. It drops it's secondary type, Ghost, when it changes formes.

And they're not going to drop a primary typing because "it looks cool!!!1"

I still think it should be the same type Ice/Dragon simply because these are Kyurem forms. Giratina still retained it's Ghost/Dragon type with origin form, so I think they would do the same for this one.

I would be fine with Fire/Ice and Electric/Ice, but both of them are pretty bad defensive typings, ESPECIALLY Fire/Ice.
On the other hand, Dragon/Ice, Dragon/Fire and Dragon/Electric would be redundant, considering the other legendaries.

Also, there is already an Electric/Ice type that everyone has forgotten about: Frost Rotom!

Attachments

• FrostRotom.png
    FrostRotom.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 63
I think I figured a neat little way to work out Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. In Black 2, Black Kyurem can have its "Freeze Shock" move (if it is known) turned into or "read as" (perhaps that only in battle) Bolt Strike, while in White 2, White Kyurem can have its Ice Burn turned into or read as "Blue Flare."

This would prevent Kyurem (if traded over to another game) from obtaining Fire, Ice, and Electric moves on all sets (absent Hidden Power, of course), and would only give Kyurem the ability to gain one other attack type, and only in the appropriate form--i.e., Kyurem would be much like Rotom (if not also somewhat like Gen 3 Deoxys, with its version-differing forms). Kyurem would, meanwhile, be capable of knowing both special Ice moves in its unaltered form, and could be traded over to any of the other games without anything being out of the ordinary.

This working would be good for Black 2, WHite 2, and all games hence.

~

That is, again, the ideal way I'd deal with the Ice moves--one of my goals (that isn't necessarily shared by the designers) being the gifting to Kyurem of one of the special moves of the Yin-Yang Dragons (now that I think about it, the Fusion moves would be most appropriate for Kyurem...), and another being the keeping of both Kyurem forms distinct (this presumably being shared by the designers). Assuming that Kyurem can learn the Ice moves in the new games, Kyurem will either be capable of learning just one of the two Ice moves (perhaps the ingame Kyurem you encounter alone can be taught the one move [i.e., an id-lock], or the move is taught and kept only when in form [a la Rotom]), or both, no matter how difficult is is to learn either of the moves (e.g., Kyurem could have to linger in both games to obtain both moves, it only picking up Ice Burn in White 2, and Freeze Shock in Black 2).

~

Right now I'm just assuming both Kyurem forms will be Dragon/Ice, so forgive me if I went off topic. I just wanted to talk about Kyurem in general: I do have potential plotlines for it drawn out (link to be soon provided), potential methods for form change (link to be soon provided), and ability (posted earlier in thread) already thought out. As to what stats the Kyurem fusions may have, well, I have some ideas already as well, but they can't be yet found.

Last edited:
I think they would introduce a new concept.I feel fire ice and fire electric would cause a imbalance between the legends(white over black).Dragon fir or dragon ice or dragonelectric don t make much sense to me!

corocoro3122big.jpg

That electricity and fire being generated by the Kyurems, which is also featured prominently on the boxart, looks quite nice don't you think?

I'd honestly be surprised at this point if the forms aren't Ice/Electric and Ice/Fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom