• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

What up with wifi?

Strange is Relative
Reaction score
So, I'm battling in the Battle Tower over wifi. My first wifi battle ever. I fight a "Bug Catcher", (I foreget his name) who sends out a shiny Charizard. I KO it. Get taken down, okay, so I try another Battle Room. Same guy. this time a "Blackbelt." Differents Pokeemanz, Opening statement- "Please! COME ON!" Whalloped again. Ending statement- still, it's "I win! EASY!"

Is this a COM? Or is hackers? Or what?

Ben Eary
Reaction score
The teams you face are teams other people made for the Wi-Fi Tower, controlled by the computer. Most of the Pokémon you will face will either be hacked or EV trained.

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score
And it randomly chooses sprites I guess.

#winning
Reaction score
As for the messages, users can set them by talking to the man at the Battle Tower who asks you if you have time to answer a few questions.

But no... the WiFi Battle Tower is actually somewhat difficult, since it's all over if you lose even once. I frequently get up to within one battle of Rank 3 and then fail... also, just a word of warning: Destiny Bond will fuck you over.

Reaction score
In wi-fi battle room, if you beat a room, you have the chance to appear in the room yourslef. The pokemon you used to beat the room are recorded, plus your trainer type and the 3 pokemon you used to beat the room and their held items are used. The computer AI will use this like in a regular battle tower room.

When someone faces "you" in battle, the computer AI uses the best move it can against the pokemon the person uses. For example:

Someone challanges the wi-fi battle tower with a gengar, honchkrow and infernape, if they come to face your pokemon and the fist pokemon out is metagross with psychic, it will automatically use psychic against gengar because its super effective. Sometimes the computer will switch one pokemon if there is another that has super effective moves that affect the pokemon the person used.