• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What up with wifi?

Dewgong Reign

Strange is Relative
Reaction score
So, I'm battling in the Battle Tower over wifi. My first wifi battle ever. I fight a "Bug Catcher", (I foreget his name) who sends out a shiny Charizard. I KO it. Get taken down, okay, so I try another Battle Room. Same guy. this time a "Blackbelt." Differents Pokeemanz, Opening statement- "Please! COME ON!" Whalloped again. Ending statement- still, it's "I win! EASY!"

Is this a COM? Or is hackers? Or what?

The teams you face are teams other people made for the Wi-Fi Tower, controlled by the computer. Most of the Pokémon you will face will either be hacked or EV trained.

As for the messages, users can set them by talking to the man at the Battle Tower who asks you if you have time to answer a few questions.

But no... the WiFi Battle Tower is actually somewhat difficult, since it's all over if you lose even once. I frequently get up to within one battle of Rank 3 and then fail... also, just a word of warning: Destiny Bond will fuck you over.

In wi-fi battle room, if you beat a room, you have the chance to appear in the room yourslef. The pokemon you used to beat the room are recorded, plus your trainer type and the 3 pokemon you used to beat the room and their held items are used. The computer AI will use this like in a regular battle tower room.

When someone faces "you" in battle, the computer AI uses the best move it can against the pokemon the person uses. For example:

Someone challanges the wi-fi battle tower with a gengar, honchkrow and infernape, if they come to face your pokemon and the fist pokemon out is metagross with psychic, it will automatically use psychic against gengar because its super effective. Sometimes the computer will switch one pokemon if there is another that has super effective moves that affect the pokemon the person used.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom